2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I hate that I paid resell for some Safari's, but I wanted it haha

Prices just keep going up, so thats the only reason I could justify it.

Anyone paid resale for something lately? Because that is also part of the problem.
For sure. Buyers are just as much of the problem. Would be sick to start a boycott movement for the next SB drop.

Good old days - $145 and pristine DS last summer:
C2E739F8-FB56-41BD-B1DC-F26E5CBFFC09.jpeg

For sure. Buyers are just as much of the problem. Would be sick to start a boycott movement for the next SB drop.

Good old days - $145 and pristine DS last summer:
C2E739F8-FB56-41BD-B1DC-F26E5CBFFC09.jpeg
I've always liked these, but never brought them b/c the came out around the time sb's became uncomfortable. How do these feel on feet?

I've always liked these, but never brought them b/c the came out around the time sb's became uncomfortable. How do these feel on feet?
They’re not too bad. Sometimes I half-size up. These are TTS - snug, but not uncomfortable. The suede is super soft, and it breaks in. But yes, these thin tongue, pre new-tool Dunks are a bit more narrow than traditional old tool Dunks.

Really cause that’s always been a thing. Less nowadays than a couple years ago
yeah...
i know its been a thing but im comin up on 40...it just seems ridiculous to wait so long for something like shoes...id understand if people were waiting for money or food...but its just shoes...i wont even wake up early most of the time to get a loss on the snkrs app to be honest...plus...the people i see in line are not usually someone i want to associate with (theyre either hella young, or an old dude reselling shoes for a living)

i do buy nikes for myself and my kids...theyre nice, but usually not limited and usually on sale...

sneakers are corny now. I still have crazy love for collecting shoes/gear but it’s impossible to deny how lame the game/people associated w/it have become.

Seeing that a lot of others, myself included, are fed up with what our niche hobby exploded into. Once something becomes “big business” - it’s over. Compromised to never return to it’s original state.

A lot of "Old man yells at cloud" / "Get off my lawn" energy in here

I'll say this. If StockX was around when we was high school age, or if it was as easy as waking up on Saturday to enter an app raffle for a chance at a pair of kicks that retail for $150 but resell for $500 a lot of y'all would have been reselling for gas/McDonalds money too, instead of selling burned CDs at your high school :lol:

I don't love it either. But I understand.....

I understand Nike doesn’t want to flood the market with Dunks..but when you look at secondary prices they are not producing nowhere near enough pairs.

They could double the quantity available and they would still fly.

Sooooo, I'll probably get flamed for this but I OBVIOUSLY have TOO much time on my hands...to preface this I have been buying/wearing/enjoying sneakers for over 2 decades. I don't consider myself a "collector", I'm JUST a guy that likes kicks and I buy to wear...

And NO, I don't own any Dunks anymore, I sold them to other enthusiasts as they no longer fit MY style. I LOVE the look and style of the shoe. The last pair that I purchased were Reese Forbes highs for myself and the wife, she still has hers. I used to skate but that was back when Tony Hawk and Airwalks were the THING.

It's a LONG post but I think this KINDA sums up the frustration that many of us have been experiencing lately. Unfortunately, I believe that we've helped to create the monster......

I've included a few of the more recent posts with responses....

Nowadays it is more about “how did you get them” than “where did you get them.”

it’s more about being impressed the person has them than impressed by the sneaker.

it’s more about having them and that’s it then having them and knowing the story behind them or the significance of them.

When you used to see pics of guys with multiples it was “man that guy loves this shoe,” and now it’s about “man that guy is going to make $5k”

Doesn’t mean it’s wrong now, but it is different.

^^^^TRUTH, to a degree, not really "impressed" with HOW they got them but when you've been doing everything that you THINK is right/fair to get something, it's disheartening to learn what's REALLY going on.

sneakers are corny now. I still have crazy love for collecting shoes/gear but it’s impossible to deny how lame the game/people associated w/it have become.

Sneakers themselves aren't corny (IMHO) but NIke is successfully capitalizing on collabs. They are professional exploiters. Opportunism could be classified as a contagious disease..

It's a lot of the same lame hypebeast stuff that has always been prevalent. It's just happening on Instagram instead of Myspace now.

I agree, to an extent...social media is a proponent.

But in the past most people in line were EXCITED to buy whatever pair they’re in line for, excited to wear them once in hand.

Now half the people in line are discussing resale, looking at StockX on their phone, and aren’t that excited to actually own the pair. It’s like a job to them. Eff all that. It IS worse, from a sneaker lovers perspective.

^^^^TRUTH

Sneaker collecting is 90% dead.
Sneaker reselling is in.

And when I mean sneaker collecting I mean getting stuff you actually like not because it's a hype release. If you have classic pairs like bo jacksons, air maxes, nike sb's, agassi's, asics, etc whatever the case may be that you bought because you LOVE that sneaker or something that brings back a memory that to me is a sneaker collector.

If you are someone whose sneaker collection only consist of Travis Scott's, Off-Whites, Hype Nike Dunk/Sb's, Jordan 1's with no other sort of other mix in your collection YOU ARE NOT A SNEAKER COLLECTOR-SNEAKER FIEND. YOU ARE A VULTURE.

^^^^FACTS. There are still a few collectors out there (it's not COMPLETELY dead). Just MORE resellers THAN collectors that have and use media.

Anyone paid resale for something lately? Because that is also part of the problem.

^^^^I respectfully disagree, don't blame the victim. Some people want things and can afford to pay resell. I may not agree with it but if you can afford it, you get what you want and you're happy, who am I to judge? For some (MOST) people that is the ONLY way to acquire what they want, and that's unfortunate.

Seeing that a lot of others, myself included, are fed up with what our niche hobby exploded into. Once something becomes “big business” - it’s over. Compromised to never return to it’s original state.

^^^ I feel ya! I posted this in the AM1 thread....

Because THIS..

https://www.gq.com/story/foot-locker-invests-100-million-goat-thats-a-lot-of-sneakers

It's OLD news but just look at the way things have been going....MORE "hype" releases, more "collabs", retail cops are damn near impossible.

I don't know how many of y'all have GOAT, FC, SG, and StockX accounts but I always get the emails on release dates as if GOAT and StockX just "dropped" a shoe....WTF, are you F"ING KIDDING ME...HOW is it possible for a RESELL site to have a FSR on release date....F'ING HOW....well duh, the inventory is being sold through the resell sites now instead of the standard sites....a FEW of us get through here and there....that keeps "hope" alive.....JUST like the lottery bro, the lottery wouldn't exist is you have didn't have 8 billion people spending $1 dollar for a chance to win $1mil.....sure, they'll a winner for the $1mil that spent a dollar but the lottery commission just made $8bil....

We're a part of a free enterprise system, if you don't like it, don't buy it. We have a choice.

That's just MY take on it...

I'm 36 and have been buying/collecting shoes on and off since 96. For the longest time, I was retail or bust but had to adjust and adapt. With that said the most I've ever paid for shoes is retail ($242 with WA tax) for the Bred 11 last December. I have a limit of $50 above retail which includes taxes, fees, etc for a shoe I really want. If it is more than that then I move on to the next. I remember going to CompUSA on the weekends and buying a stack of blank cd's to burn music on my Gateway computer using Napster and Limewire and selling them to classmates for $5 a pop
1595825531110.png
. My pitch was you can buy from me for $5 or go to Sam Goody and pay $15. This side hustle allowed me to buy more shoes than the usual three I got a year (back to school, christmas, and birthday).

A lot of "Old man yells at cloud" / "Get off my lawn" energy in here

I'll say this. If StockX was around when we was high school age, or if it was as easy as waking up on Saturday to enter an app raffle for a chance at a pair of kicks that retail for $150 but resell for $500 a lot of y'all would have been reselling for gas/McDonalds money too, instead of selling burned CDs at your high school :lol:

I don't love it either. But I understand.....

i think if you pay resell you are part of the problem (and I include myself in this having paid resale on a few shoes I've wanted over the years). it wasn't bad in 2007 when I was paying like 50 bucks over retail on shoes that cost 90 bucks, but at the end of the day it sends the message that 1) this has value beyond the retail price 2) someone is willing to pay more than retail for a product. resellers exist because people will pay resale prices. and resale prices aren't set by resellers, but by whoever is willing to pay top dollar. it won't eve happen, but if collectively people just didn't pay resale prices, there'd be no resale market. resellers would move on realizing they couldn't get 1500 for a 100 shoe. maybe you won't get that hyped shoe yo want, but the game in the long run would be a lot better off if people just accepted their losses and moved on.

Back
Top Bottom