The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games Thread 🔥🥇🥈🥉

i mean, i love the multiple venues the locations have as long as they're good places with resources. LA for sure. Florida, Orlando area has some potential and lots of hotels and arenas. Denver could work again. brazil funky *** made it work, any country can. Vegas. Detroit

My man said Detroit :lol:

I don't mind the rotating (was actually thinking last night it'd be cool if they just had the summer games in Greece every 4 yrs for history's sake), but the IOC can't keep having countries/states/cities spend billions they can't afford on building new venues. If the infrastructure's not already in place, look elsewhere.

Outside of the athletic performance these Olympics were trash and another example of money over people. Now the Japanese people will have to deal with the Covid spike thanks to their scum leaders. The Olympics in general are a money grab.

My man said Detroit :lol:

I don't mind the rotating (was actually thinking last night it'd be cool if they just had the summer games in Greece every 4 yrs for history's sake), but the IOC can't keep having countries/states/cities spend billions they can't afford on building new venues. If the infrastructure's not already in place, look elsewhere.

Can't remember where I read it, but the suggestion that an alternate location should be considered for every games moving forward is a good one.

Pandemic, earthquake, or any natural disaster happening in a specific region would be a huge strain for some host nations to handle.

Why would they do that

when they can extract massive bribes from curropt despotic regimes around the world? :lol:

exactly they ain’t giving that shh up

i have zero clue how the politicians in those countries survive cause it gotta be painfully obvious how dumb the shh is even without the bribes

I get say Qatar with the World Cup, since they have so much flippin money .. but look at Greece

i mean, i love the multiple venues the locations have as long as they're good places with resources. LA for sure. Florida, Orlando area has some potential and lots of hotels and arenas. Denver could work again. brazil funky *** made it work, any country can. Vegas. Detroit

Most of these places don't want the Olympics because you rarely make money. They tried to have the winter Olympics in Denver and the community practically revolted because of the upfront costs vs the potential economic benefits. This was pre covid so imagine what it will be in the future. I bet when it's all said and done Tokyo probably lost money given that you want the Olympics for local tourism which you can't get in a Covid environment. The last city that actually made money off of hosting the Olympics was Salt Lake.

all these venues they build get abandoned and there's a bunch of waste
place ends up looking like a ghost town

i remember seeing the pics of Rio and it was just piles of trash and waste that still haven't been cleared

Great Olympic Games, where we trailed in Golds until the final day and edge China by a single gold, blow out everyone in total medal count. Crazy that we can look forward to the Winter Olympics THIS winter. :lol:

World Cup as a product and competition is extremely entertaining

but like the Olympics and most things in the world, there are some obvious problems.. but like college sports, there is too much money for certain people to want to change things

CC7AA800-FEBC-4264-A343-9005F835BEA5.jpeg
CE904371-E1DF-42D2-8D9E-6352210C502C.jpeg
1190D50C-E973-4999-86CC-691DFDB38B33.jpeg
6E6E4AA3-7F97-4C1D-98B8-FAD37F216649.jpeg
3F394FBC-6E21-4A66-873E-D4057F224878.jpeg
47FBD784-6A42-41F3-8678-9B7A429279D8.jpeg
E1658DCA-B235-411F-BC01-DA707CFC1D6E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom