The Beijing 2022 Winter Olympic Games Thread 🔥🥇🥈🥉

even tho I'm American I was a bigger fan of Bailey than Johnson, Donovan Bailey winning that 100m and breaking the WR in 96 and then anchoring the 4x100 relay with Surin, Glenroy etc. was nuts.

Beijing did have the emergence of bolt headlining 3 straight olympics, Phelps 8 gold medals, Lochte and Steph Rice hype starting, Yelena Isinbaeva putting on a show in pole vault, Nastia Liukin and shawn johnson battling for all around gold in gymnastics, Misty May and Kerri Walsh defending gold medal on the sand

Beijing is easily the top for me, between Phelps, bolt and that 4 x 100 free relay

then it’s moments from various games that stick out, like I still remember Michael Johnson running away in the 2 and 4 in ‘96

to me, best she’s doing is coming 4th

Her PB is 10.72.. 3rd was 10.76.. she was 10.86 in the Olympic trials final in Eugene

That’s not fair to say … most athletes peak around the big events …. She could of peaked at the olympics, like everyone else due to competition in front of her ….. we never know , and we will never know …… that track on Japan was handing out pb and world records 😂

That’s not fair to say … most athletes peak around the big events …. She could of peaked at the olympics, like everyone else due to competition in front of her ….. we never know , and we will never know …… that track on Japan was handing out pb and world records 😂

we’ll never know, but Im going with those with experience

even Holloway admitted nerves got him and he was the heavy favorite

but all 3 Jamaican ladies not only had Olympic experience but all of em have medaled at that level multiple times, Shericka being the only one without a good but she went in with every other one

Snoop and Kevin should have def gotten a gold too. I'm surprised they let them get raw like that even if it was only on the app.

to me, best she’s doing is coming 4th

Her PB is 10.72.. 3rd was 10.76.. she was 10.86 in the Olympic trials final in Eugene

So many variables but to simplify it....if I was to insert SCR into that race how it was run she would've got either 2nd or 4th. I believe she would've been in top form and no crowd there would've worked to her advantage. She definitely wasn't beating Elaine Thompson but because SAFP ran her worst championship race since 2011 Worlds I'd say she would've ran a PB for 2nd.

OR

If she was there that means the rounds and lane draws would've been different. Leading up the games I always said I wanted SAFP and ET to not be next to each other, furthest away so they can run their own race. With SCR there there's a good chance that would've happened, and SAFP would've ran a better technical race leaving SCR for 4th.

I've been watching Olympics HARDCORE since 96, think my favorite would be London 2012, Atlanta 96 and Beijing 08 would round out my top 3, Beijing had the goat opening ceremony but the timezone diff was an issue just like with tokyo this time and streaming wasn't available as much then

Beijing was great but man that time difference messed me up. Back then I didn't mind it too much but fast forward to now, Tokyo was a struggle to keep up with but somehow I did. Usain Bolt turning into a global phenomenon during that one week in Beijing was unforgettable. I'm so glad as far as T&F goes the next few World Champs and Olympics are in America or Europe which is perfect. Can't do those wild times again, man. No more Asia or Oceania locations. :lol:

I barely remember it but I go back and watch stuff on YouTube, but it's somewhat of general consensus that Barcelona 92 is the best summer games. The culture, architecture, competition, venues etc many say that year was the best.

Atlanta was nice but I hated that Olympic Stadium it was so ugly. They made that **** in a way the Braves could take it over after and turn it into Turner Field. Also the bombing in Centennial Park kind of threw the mood off. Of course, nothing like the pandemic did to these games.

I don't think we're getting a lot of coverage. Only a daily highlight show and 2hrs of coverage.

I don't think we're getting a lot of coverage. Only a daily highlight show and 2hrs of coverage.
Coverage bounce back n forth between NBCSN and the Olympic channel. Both offering live events in like 6-8 hour blocks. I dvr'd some blocks today.

Nowhere near the coverage if the Olympics, but we have some options.

I thoughts the Paralympics opening ceremony was much more enjoyable. Loved it.

Are we back in for the winter Olympics fellas? I need my Olympic homies to chat with

jpzx jpzx Can you update thread for Winter Olympics? Or make a new one? You did a good job posting schedules and **** for the Summer games.

Curling on USA right now :lol: :pimp:

Are we back in for the winter Olympics fellas? I need my Olympic homies to chat with
Appreciate you saying it, I just don’t have the time this time, would love if one of you start one and I can help find the site I used to get the TV and live schedule for every event

I don’t really watch Winter Olympics

sure if ain’t shh else on and it’s on.. but I don’t care about any of the people or sports

I can pass this thread to one of you ppl JUST SAY THE WORD I won’t be updatin

The likes Haiti, America Samoa, Saudi Arabia. Ghana have athletes competing, gives me hope coming from a tropical country that competing in an Olympics is possible. :lol:

Hopefully Eileen Gu lives up to expectations will be following closely. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom