2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1652406011779.png

1652406064803.gif

I learned a long time ago that MOST of those radio hosts know nothing about sports.

Local sports talk radio is the worst, those dudes don’t be knowing much or failed at something before landing there acting like local celebrities

I quickly realized it’s not all about sports but a chance for ppl to vent and socialize

The only good sports radio hosts are the ones that don't pretend that they know everything and then talk down on you.

That's mostly the overnight hosts, but I haven't listened to sports radio like that in ages.

Browns gotta go 4-0 to start for shot at division

No snf for us, prolly cause of Watson and his allegations

Will be at Tampa game, last time a chance to see Tom for me

I learned a long time ago that MOST of those radio hosts know nothing about sports. I agree with you on DP, he seems to do the best of actually giving good information whether via him, the Dannettes, or his guests. I listened to his show for years until my schedule changed. I heard they tot rid of McLovin :smh:

Rome is strictly inside jokes and **** talking and that was highly entertaining to me :lol: Thinking of it now, it really was like NT in the sense that when something big/funny happened in sports i couldn’t wait to see all the jokes the next morning :lol: I wasn’t listening to get groundbreaking info or even to listen to the guests. When I listened on the podcast, i would legit skip the interviews to get back to the jokes :lol:

I think the Rome being an OG thing is due to him having the first national sports talk show in the country. Like, that used to be thought of as a local thing that couldn’t being ratings, and he was able to turn it into a big national industry.

I don't think they got rid of him, I think McLovin kinda got promoted. He co-host his own show now. (Unless there's rumors I haven't heard before behind the scenes :nerd: )

There used to be a national guy I absolutely loved, Bob Kemp. He did overnight shows but he was pure information and analytics before analytics. He used to speak about 3rd game in 4 nights or cross country 10 AM games after a Monday Night game etc. I think it was because he was a degenerate gambler, but hey. :lol:
He would do top stories segments but still have an NFL segment, MLB, NBA, NHL etc all year round. He was pure info and knowledgeable on all. Dude was great. But.......almost no personality so I bet folks were kinda bored by him.

Schedule makes did the Bucs no favors early :lol:

Back to back games on the road in Dallas and NOLA to start before getting GB and KC at home b2b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom