2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's older and coming off injuries, but "washed" is a pretty good overstatement. He was still commanding double teams last year, and still garnering a bunch of TFLs. Still had a high PFF grade too. Imagine him getting double teamed, and instead of Whitney Mercilus chasing you down (somebody that couldn't even chase down Ben Roethlisberger, and was beaten by Matt Stafford on a route), it's TJ Watt, Joey Bosa, or Chris Jones

It doesn’t matter though you can’t rely on him for 16 games and it’s at least 10 better pass rushers then him..maybe even more if we go down the list.

No way he can be on that field for almost every down anymore = JJ Washed.

He can be delegated to a role like SUH or something and be effective. SUH gets doubled also does that means he’s not washed? Watts not the same player he was, not even close.

Yeah anyone thinking Watt isn’t washed is just going off the name. Dude is way past his prime and being the productive player he once was. New scenery etc isn’t going to help either. He’ll get injured there too.

20210206_205024.jpg

I mean thats pretty solid still

I think some ppl just have different definitions of what washed means, that's fair enough.

All I would care about is that are you still productive in any type of role reduced or not? Yes? Then sign me up

JJ isn't at the point of his career where you need him to be an anchor (even though he gets doubled like one anyways?). That's one nice rotational guy to add if he joins a front at minimum that's half way solidified

Glad to hear the Titans are at least in the mix for Watt. They could use any half decent pass rushers they can get.

20210206_205024.jpg

I mean thats pretty solid still

I think some ppl just have different definitions of what washed means, that's fair enough.

All I would care about is that are you still productive in any type of role reduced or not? Yes? Then sign me up

JJ isn't at the point of his career where you need him to be an anchor (even though he gets doubled like one anyways?). That's one nice rotational guy to add if he joins a front at minimum that's half way solidified
Watt as a rotational guy with the Football Team’s line would be tough.

Lol.

No one is acting like JJ is a DPOY candidate and yeah, of course he’s regressed, he arguably had the most dominant stretch seen.

DPOY - nah
Washed - no.

Definitely still a productive player that teams can use.

This. Want to know who is actually washed? Whitney ****ing Mercilius, and he’s a year younger than Watt. He (somehow) got a new contract and aged 10 years in the process. He literally couldn’t chase anyone to make a tackle last year. His thighs were rubbing together like 2000 Charles Barkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom