2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Xgames figured out a nice way to be competitive, without really being competitive. It’s a bunch of athletes just sending it. For the most part.

Skateboarding will never be a sport to me.That’s specifically why I fell in love with it. I don’t care who has the better 60 second run. I’d rather watch Niel Blender goof around any day.

The street league contest format makes it’s really fun to watch. Dudes get 5 attempts to “just send it”. Rob Dyrdek set street league up for that very reason. He wanted a contest where people would throw down their best tricks in front of people and be rewarded for it. Not just do a “safe” little run with tricks the skaters prolly won’t fall on. I really enjoyed watching the olympics even though it seemed to turn into who can do the best 270 cab variation on a handrail, it was still better than any c games I’ve watched. The street x games a couple weeks ago sucked. Olympics was way more fun to watch.

Today:

EF2D8C63-ED1B-4CC4-AC95-6E13C29C8DC7.jpeg

I normally don’t t like White Sneaks, but these just hit different.
I’ll probably change in the Navy laces eventually, to add more Pop.

Sport is just the competitive version of a physical activity. It's not necessarily the activity that makes it the sport, its the competitiveness.

I think it’s really cool to see these super talented skaters get rewarded at the highest level. I loved watching yuto do his thing on nbc yesterday evening. Obviously not for everyone but a dream come true for many. 🔥🔥🔥
My thoughts exactly. And Tony Hawk made a great point when he mentioned the exposure that the Olympics is gonna give skateboarding. We know that they’re people doing it all over the world, but the fact that those people can make it to such a large state, and countries that otherwise have ignored skateboarding but recognize they can be represented in such a sport (and potentially be able to say the top skateboarder in the world is from their country) is a big deal. I know skateboarding has inherently been anti-establishment, but I do think it’s a big deal.

And as for whether skateboarding is or isn’t a sport that should be in the Olympics, they literally have a “10 Meter Air Rifle” event (which I actually watched) where competitors shoot at paper targets with pellet guns from ~30’ away. If that can be an Olympic “sport,” almost anything can.

I'm not a skateboarder so correct me if I'm wrong, but you gotta be somewhat athletic to pull off those tricks right?
And they are competing in a sense that it's a timed run, no?
Of course you have to be athletic. I didn’t say otherwise. *Sport* implies -competitive- athletics. I’m not into the competing. Not at an Olympic scale, anyway.

So to your point, it’s a sport because some group of people made it a sport. I’ve skated for 30+ years, and I can’t recall ever seeing a scoreboard. It’s not a sport to me. Or Jeff Grosso. Or Tony Alva. Or Duane Peters. Or Jason Dill. Or Lance Mountain. Or Ben Kadow. Or hundreds of other skateboarders that I’d align myself to.

Do I begrudge Olympic skaters, or hate on them? Not at all. Let them get theirs. I’m just not into it.

Last edited:
I can see why people, even skaters themselves dont see skateboarding as a sport as they see it as an art. I agree how are these judges scoring them and who the f are they haha. The scoring system made it chaotic AF at the end. On the other hand i find it DOPE and funny they built a whole stadium for a street/skate park, its also cool to learn about other international skate champions!

Womens street was dope today, didnt know 13 year olds were this highly ranked! Sablone almost won it my dark horse, suprised sexy Pamela Rosa didnt qualify

Definitely watching vert/park next weekend, idk one guy hahahhaha

can I please get some feedback on if my chunky dunkys are legit? ran them through check check and it passed but I wanted to get second opinions.

Saw a pair of Dunk Lows in the wild yesterday that I don't think I've ever seen before.
Maybe someone here can help me figure out what they were. They looked like General release from some time ago.

Back
Top Bottom