2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I just came from the New Balance thread and they said there's no room over there because they have reseller issues too. So it's best to just stay over here lol. I'm sure you'll hit on the next dunk
I have been steady taking L's for awhile now. At least with NB tho when i do manage to score I am not getting some kids toy plastic passed off as leather on my shoes.

I used to think Nike used fake leather too but there's a guy on Youtube that cuts shoes open and he'll show you that they use real leather.

I really struck out on the Nets dunks. I'm so ****ing tired of this ****. On the app at exactly 10am & still nada. All these resellers can go to hell.

between this and the over saturation of them

ive really fallen out of love with dunks

used to be a top 3 model for me but theyve just run them into the ground in such a short time

Nike uses BONDED leather on a lot of shoes. Bonded leather is the particle board of leathers. AJ1 Mids, most GR Dunks, even sometimes on the higher end Jordan's and Dunk Collab's.

So sure it's "technically" leather but, again... It's particle board quality.

" Bonded leather is called 'leather' because it incorporates scraps of leather remnants, which comprise between 10-20% of its content. The scraps of leather are made into a pulp and stuck to a fibre or paper backer which is then coated with polyurethane and embossed to give it the appearance of genuine leather. "

Also - I love many sneakers....not JUST Dunks. However Dunks are one of my favorites which is why I get so pissed off about all of it. There is no reason they should be using such ****ty leathers. I like all my shoes that I pay for with my hard earned money to be high quality. But when they sell out instant they are doing everything they can do maximize that profit.

PS. The shoes Rose Anvil cut in half were Jordan 1 highs.... Not a GR Dunk.

I have been steady taking L's for awhile now. At least with NB tho when i do manage to score I am not getting some kids toy plastic passed off as leather on my shoes.
I feel you. I was just joking. At this point it's almost embarrassing that $50 over retail is considered a good deal and retail is considered a miracle. Especially considering the materials. Prices gone up but, materials and quality are about the same. At least with NBs it feels like the materials are worth it. Only dunks i can pay resell for are special ones. sashikos, parras, brown de la lows are the only dunks i got this year and kept.

But most NB are ugly don’t care what any brainwashed fam says.
or maybe people just like what they like lol. but, i respect your opinion. in my opinion there are just as many ugly nikes as there are ugly nb's if not more lol. NB started off as a premium brand and then somewhere became old man shoes and now is both. and there sneakers reflect that and i thnk that's dope. i appreciate sneaker companies moving forward while still communicating their heritage in an useful and interesting and effective way. if Jordan Brand could figure that out their non retros would sell more.

Got these for one of my best friends and had no idea the “milk in the swoosh” on these compared to chocolate:
49A39EF7-5F22-43F4-BB6B-9D5FEA95AEFB.jpeg

Last edited:
Nike uses BONDED leather on a lot of shoes. Bonded leather is the particle board of leathers. AJ1 Mids, most GR Dunks, even sometimes on the higher end Jordan's and Dunk Collab's.

So sure it's "technically" leather but, again... It's particle board quality.

" Bonded leather is called 'leather' because it incorporates scraps of leather remnants, which comprise between 10-20% of its content. The scraps of leather are made into a pulp and stuck to a fibre or paper backer which is then coated with polyurethane and embossed to give it the appearance of genuine leather. "

Also - I love many sneakers....not JUST Dunks. However Dunks are one of my favorites which is why I get so pissed off about all of it. There is no reason they should be using such ****ty leathers. I like all my shoes that I pay for with my hard earned money to be high quality. But when they sell out instant they are doing everything they can do maximize that profit.

PS. The shoes Rose Anvil cut in half were Jordan 1 highs.... Not a GR Dunk.

Idk who you're replying to but I never said he cut GR Dunks, I said Nike uses real leather.

And he has cut other Nikes besides the Jordan 1.

Idk who you're replying to but I never said he cut GR Dunks, I said Nike uses real leather.

And he has cut other Nikes besides the Jordan 1.

no but you used him to dispute me as Nike NOT using real leather as an example of "Nike using real leather" when, we were talking about completely different things. the shoe he cut in half WAS real leather..... just because one Nike shoe is real full grain leather, doesn't mean ALL Nike shoes are real full grain leather... was my point...

and I know he has cut open other Nikes beside Jordan 1.... But I am not talking about other Nikes I am talking about GR Dunks.

also, there are different levels of "real" leather was my other point.... Full Grain, some layers in between, suede, ruff cut... dog****... THEN BONDED LEATHER. Which is still technical "real" were my points.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom