2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

The climate of sneakers?? and bots? Are you 5? Thats an argument people had 10 years ago when bots became a problem. Thats old. If you still see that as a problem then you havent figured out how to get around that yet. When people can’t get their Travis Scotts or their lobsters… And they’re paying resale for basic models..thats what pisses me off. Because then i cant get mine. I don’t care about Travis Scott’s for any of these hyped sneakers I never did I just like the basic models. the colorways that nobody cares about.. but now I can’t even get those by walking into a skate shop or local shop? Or ebay?? Thats a problem

See that wasn't so hard now was it? I can completely see the frustration in copping sneakers nowadays and it's enough to drive anyone up the wall. That's an argument, that can be debated. I've taken an L on almost every SB this year so believe me I know. Re read my post of you feel like it. I don't personally attack you in any of them, I just address your negativity. So keep the BS kindergarten attacks to yourself I'm too old for this ****.

Wasn't able to get into kicks during the initial Dunk phase because I was broke and couldn't afford any sneakers. But now that I'm able to I guess you could say I'm part of the new wave. But I would think old Dunk heads would be happy there's a newfound interest in Dunks because this means there will be more dope colors to drop - won't be easy to cop, but there will be more designs.

Nope. Skateboarders have been back on wide jeans for 2-3 years now.

I've thought about this before - not specifically wide jeans, but how skaters influence fashion / culture. Weren't skaters some of the first people to wear "skinny" jeans, a ~decade ago? Supreme, Thrasher, Palace, Stussy, etc. - basically the start of "streetwear" no?

Now skaters are wearing looser, wider clothing and now fashion is starting to move in that direction as well.

You guys give these rapper too much credit...

You think travis woke up one day like, "I'm bring Nike SB's back to hype"

:smh:

you underestimate the youth and they're need to be cool like they're favorite celebrities...

would ultraboosts have been popular at the time if kanye wore them? they were sitting on shelves prior...

would jordan 1s have gotten popular if kanye hadn't worn them now that i think about it?

and remrember when kanye wore air max 90s and they sold out real quick and resale was like 600?

nike sb's were attainable prior to travis wearing them, and even more limited releases weren't commanding a ton on the resale market (i got diamonds for 160, today they're around 300). i don't think it's a coincidence. doubtful any of these people woke up thinking, "i'm going to bring x brand back!" but clearly there's a correlation between celebrities rocking a shoe and that shoe becoming popular.

I've thought about this before - not specifically wide jeans, but how skaters influence fashion / culture. Weren't skaters some of the first people to wear "skinny" jeans, a ~decade ago? Supreme, Thrasher, Palace, Stussy, etc. - basically the start of "streetwear" no?

Now skaters are wearing looser, wider clothing and now fashion is starting to move in that direction as well.
100% the lady jeans thing started with skaters. And they ushered in bootcut/wide jeans in the 90’s. The cycle is repeating. I bought some Levi’s SB jeans 2 years ago, with 17.5” leg openings. They are selling even wider options now.

I've just accepted the fact that I will be paying resell for the safaris. I'm way too old and busy to be running around town signing up for raffles, talking to skate shop clerks, lining up for hours, etc.

Same, Safaris are the 1 release I'm really gunning for. There's so much vague information about this release, I don't care what anyone says these are a QS until I see otherwise. 9th Wonder 9th Wonder has even said they are an OL.

100% the lady jeans thing started with skaters. And they ushered in bootcut/wide jeans in the 90’s. The cycle is repeating. I bought some Levi’s SB jeans 2 years ago, with 17.5” leg openings. They are selling even wider options now.
Maybe the MF+G Girbauds are next.

you underestimate the youth and they're need to be cool like they're favorite celebrities...

would ultraboosts have been popular at the time if kanye wore them? they were sitting on shelves prior...

would jordan 1s have gotten popular if kanye hadn't worn them now that i think about it?

and remrember when kanye wore air max 90s and they sold out real quick and resale was like 600?

nike sb's were attainable prior to travis wearing them, and even more limited releases weren't commanding a ton on the resale market (i got diamonds for 160, today they're around 300). i don't think it's a coincidence. doubtful any of these people woke up thinking, "i'm going to bring x brand back!" but clearly there's a correlation between celebrities rocking a shoe and that shoe becoming popular.

Travis’s influence plays a part but I think what people are trying to say is that the credit he is being given is over stated...I say this as a 23 year old. ..Who teaches high schoolers....I can count on 1 hand the number of dunks I’ve seen that wasn’t on my feet.

8427749C-FE1C-4DDC-BB0C-3393141D5961.jpeg
even these skyrocketed. and they were sittin on shelves and restocked countless times. blessed to have walked in and scooped

nike prefers the new, young kid interested in the shoe more than the dude who was buying the shoe 15 years ago...this is evident by the collaborations and attempts to hype up the shoes...younger kids recognize dunks when i wear them more than older people...it is just a shoe and we shouldnt have so much brand loyalty...shoes going for crazy prices on resale will ultimately make a shoe that retails for $100 start retailing for $125...let everyone enjoy the product
thats what reeboks were made for. nobody will ever hype up a reebok classic

Nope. Skateboarders have been back on wide jeans for 2-3 years now.
I'll take it a step further --- high fashion designers have been making wide leg pants for just as long as well.

Noah has been making wide leg pants on the street wear level for some time too.. helps that Brendan is also a skater lol

Back
Top Bottom