2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Has anyone else noticed SB dunks getting narrower?

I wear 8 in SBs but like to get my SB dunks in 7.5 if I am skating them. Last few pairs I skated were Orange Label low, Gino high, Jades, and Oskis. All fit comfortably new and I didn’t really have to break them in at all.

Went to grab new pair from my stash to skate a few days ago and first pair I picked were fury blues. They were SUPER tight in the forefoot like it hurt to walk. So then I tried laser orange and same thing. Unwearable. Immediately sold both on StockX.

So I ended up going with the Rayguns. They weren’t as bad as the fury blue and laser orange but man these still feel way tighter than any of my past 7.5 SB dunks. Maybe it is because they’re leather.

I’ve cut the straps, skip every other lace hole, microwaved, been wearing around the house double socked. They are getting a little bit better but my right foot which is slightly wider still feeling tight.

I guess I’m getting everything in size 8 from now on. The only other 7.5 I have are orange label low and dusty peach and they both fit perfect. Feel like a half size bigger than what these Rayguns do. Also cuse SP in 7.5 fit great.

Tongue is also really short on these rayguns. Looks dumb if the straps aren’t cut. They really need to go back to the original SB mold before they switched it around the blue box era.

For today
20210103_100040.jpg

I wear 8 in SBs but like to get my SB dunks in 7.5 if I am skating them. Last few pairs I skated were Orange Label low, Gino high, Jades, and Oskis. All fit comfortably new and I didn’t really have to break them in at all.

Went to grab new pair from my stash to skate a few days ago and first pair I picked were fury blues. They were SUPER tight in the forefoot like it hurt to walk. So then I tried laser orange and same thing. Unwearable. Immediately sold both on StockX.

So I ended up going with the Rayguns. They weren’t as bad as the fury blue and laser orange but man these still feel way tighter than any of my past 7.5 SB dunks. Maybe it is because they’re leather.

I’ve cut the straps, skip every other lace hole, microwaved, been wearing around the house double socked. They are getting a little bit better but my right foot which is slightly wider still feeling tight.

I guess I’m getting everything in size 8 from now on. The only other 7.5 I have are orange label low and dusty peach and they both fit perfect. Feel like a half size bigger than what these Rayguns do. Also cuse SP in 7.5 fit great.

Tongue is also really short on these rayguns. Looks dumb if the straps aren’t cut. They really need to go back to the original SB mold before they switched it around the blue box era.
I find then opposite in the 11-11.5 range. They’ve gotten roomier.

I think it’s due to the materials like you were getting at. I notice it too with my ACGs/Infrared/Med Gray Reds/Grey Black Gums that use mostly regular suede, compared to all of my orange labels due to either high quality leather or nubuck usage and my dustys because of the corduroy

And I’m probably in the minority here but I prefer the current molding. I love the extra lace eyelet flaps and the heel tabs. The heel tabs noticeable help keep my foot in place very well, but of course everyone has their preference.

I think it’s due to the materials like you were getting at. I notice it too with my ACGs/Infrared/Med Gray Reds/Grey Black Gums that use mostly regular suede, compared to all of my orange labels due to either high quality leather or nubuck usage and my dustys because of the corduroy

And I’m probably in the minority here but I prefer the current molding. I love the extra lace eyelet flaps and the heel tabs. The heel tabs noticeable help keep my foot in place very well, but of course everyone has their preference.

So your orange labels and dusty peach also fit roomier? I forgot that Oskis were orange label but maybe that’s why they fit me well. The new set of navy orange label dunks are nice. Wonder how they fit.

Funny you mention the eyelet flaps because I’ve always hated them and said F it and cut them off my Rayguns to see how it’d look.
75779487-8268-4015-B391-E4A4E4313E9B.jpeg
0B3CE849-87A4-4641-885B-C4E7BC007447.jpeg

Not sure how this would look on other pairs but looks pretty smooth because of the black leather.

So your orange labels and dusty peach also fit roomier? I forgot that Oskis were orange label but maybe that’s why they fit me well. The new set of navy orange label dunks are nice. Wonder how they fit.

Funny you mention the eyelet flaps because I’ve always hated them and said F it and cut them off my Rayguns to see how it’d look.
75779487-8268-4015-B391-E4A4E4313E9B.jpeg
0B3CE849-87A4-4641-885B-C4E7BC007447.jpeg

Not sure how this would look on other pairs but looks pretty smooth because of the black leather.
I’d call it more forgiving than roomier. I have flat feet thus I technically wear a 10.5 wide. Leather and nubuck stretch out a bit more than the GR suedes in my experience. So while to me it’s not about room, it’s about flexibility and anything leather and nubuck, and recently corduroy of the Dustys, all flex super comfortably when my foot strikes. And yes the new navy ones feel exactly the same as the black orange labels. They’re both the exact same quality nubuck.

Unexpected Sunday delivery for these! So much better in hand! Materials used are absolutely top notch. I realize these aren't everyone cup of tea but I really like them. On feet pics will come soon! Also I can't be the only one who didnt know these had a stash pocket? Pleasantly surprised.

20210103_142453.jpg

20210103_142600.jpg
20210103_142720.jpg
[

Attachments

• 20210103_142613.jpg
    20210103_142613.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210103_142754.jpg
    20210103_142754.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 438
  • 20210103_142854.jpg
    20210103_142854.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 440
Unexpected Sunday delivery for these! So much better in hand! Materials used are absolutely top notch. I realize these aren't everyone cup of tea but I really like them. On feet pics will come soon! Also I can't be the only one who didnt know these had a stash pocket? Pleasantly surprised.

20210103_142453.jpg

20210103_142600.jpg
20210103_142720.jpg
[

I can understand if you’re hesitant to post on foot pics, no one has been brave enough as of yet to wear these monstrosities.

Back
Top Bottom