2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Has always been my issue with the current state of SBs. Nike could double, maybe even triple in some cases, the stock of SBs that they’re releasing, and they’d still fly, still be just as hyped, Nike would technically make more money, reselling would still happen of course, and technically we’d all have a better chance of obtaining. IMO, with the way things are currently, the only “downside” of them making more pairs would be that it would reduce the prices on the resell market, and that notion makes me think that Nike is in cahoots to a degree with the resell market.
They know what they're doing. Limited releases with higher end materials mean less margins. Get your base frothing at the mouth for anything dunk related. Boom... Dunk 365. Blast out a ton of sales with your lower quality, easier to mass produce, higher margin product. I would bet that they made and shipped more dunk ids than all the 2020 QS drops put together. Nike will really be in cahoots with the resell market when they realize that they can be an authority on authentication of all shoes being resold... for a fee of course.

Has always been my issue with the current state of SBs. Nike could double, maybe even triple in some cases, the stock of SBs that they’re releasing, and they’d still fly, still be just as hyped, Nike would technically make more money, reselling would still happen of course, and technically we’d all have a better chance of obtaining. IMO, with the way things are currently, the only “downside” of them making more pairs would be that it would reduce the prices on the resell market, and that notion makes me think that Nike is in cahoots to a degree with the resell market.

You could triple production and still not come close to meeting demand. Wouldn't swing resell value much at all, if any. Upping production 10x would put a dent in resell. But anything less than that, not much doing.

Nike always relies on this manufactured hype to drive up sales of other shoes in their lineup. We may not be shrugging off the L and going to browse some monarchs, but we're not the target. We're the walking advertisements.

Biggest problem from where I sit is that they're still making boardroom decisions like it's 2001. You can use that same model, but you have to adapt it. Hype these days is a whole other animal. Demand is way higher than what it was back then because of what the internet is now. But the supply levels feel the same as releases from 15 years ago. Even back then it was just a drop in the bucket. But a drop in a bucket makes a visible splash. A drop in the ocean doesn't. And right now, it's high tide.

What used to be "the chase" now feels like we're getting the runaround.

I can’t decide if I like the Right better...
667D90D5-40BC-486F-AF63-9822946C41E8.jpeg

Or the Left better...
BE54049B-0C76-488B-9A6D-FBD452400E39.jpeg

Some good discussion going on in here. My answer to the dunk hype madness has been to just move on for the time being. I just can’t bring myself to care anymore. The fact that a classic shoe like the laser blue 90 can be had for under $100 and The Clivers are going for $800 just makes me giggle in disbelief.

Some good discussion going on in here. My answer to the dunk hype madness has been to just move on for the time being. I just can’t bring myself to care anymore. The fact that a classic shoe like the laser blue 90 can be had for under $100 and The Clivers are going for $800 just makes me giggle in disbelief.
yea im def on this thinking. enter orchard and snkrs, don’t go out of my way or get upset anymore. meanwhile its allowing me to pull ds gems like this for retail:

4112788F-FF75-43D3-BC91-3624334F0F28.jpeg

Glad I'm not the only one here appreciating what's going on with the '90.

Glad I'm not the only one here appreciating what's going on with the '90.
Dude, they were my saving grace last year. The OG colors specifically were all perfect retros.I think I bought around 11 pairs. And still have the spruce, hot coral, and bacons to look forward to. Let dudes keep paying $400 for basic **** dunks, I’ll keep snagging classics for under retail.

Truth! As a Nike member since 2001, I find myself not getting as hyped as I used to be about new releases because I already know I'm going to catch the L prior to the release. Even passing up on some releases because of the "what's the point?" thinking. It's sad because in the past its brought me so much joy, and now its all frustration.
Nike gives not a single F about old heads. Not one.

I think it's always been like this in the 21st century. Certain shoes have had their times to be hyped.

Jordan's like the 10s and 8s had their time, now no one wants them. I remember a time when no one around my way wanted any Jordan 1s.

I also remember the basic colorways of Dunks being passed on by everyone. All of the GR BTTYS colors released from 2002 until 2012 went under the radar and went on sale. Even the 1999-2000 Dunks went on sale.

Back
Top Bottom