2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

My daughter said orange laces for these so we swapped. Not bad
PXL_20210405_201659388.PORTRAIT.jpg

B369711A-707C-4984-8E61-2A3085C5F3E7.jpeg

My fellow SB heads, for once I don’t know it all. Even after watching the series I’m still not sure what the graphic on the mid panels behind the swoosh represent? Drawings from the owl cave? Enlighten me please. Also, twin peaks were always notorious for not having the SB on the tongue tag like almost all pairs post-silver box do. I learned today that they also feature the SB/85/58 moniker on the flap. Someone on Facebook years ago (dug up an old post) said that they took it off the tongue and put it there as an homage to the show’s mysterious nature. If anyone has any insight on either things please lmk what’s good.

E36D9C23-1797-40BA-B801-C76F77D94D24.jpeg

B369711A-707C-4984-8E61-2A3085C5F3E7.jpeg

My fellow SB heads, for once I don’t know it all. Even after watching the series I’m still not sure what the graphic on the mid panels behind the swoosh represent? Drawings from the owl cave? Enlighten me please. Also, twin peaks were always notorious for not having the SB on the tongue tag like almost all pairs post-silver box do. I learned today that they also feature the SB/85/58 moniker on the flap. Someone on Facebook years ago (dug up an old post) said that they took it off the tongue and put it there as an homage to the show’s mysterious nature. If anyone has any insight on either things please lmk what’s good.

E36D9C23-1797-40BA-B801-C76F77D94D24.jpeg
I’ve always wondered the same thing about the side panels. Only thing I could gather is that it’s supposed to resemble leaves. Maybe a tie in to the sycamore trees that surround the portal to the black lodge? This is just a pure nerdy speculation.

I’ve said this a million times, but this is my all time favorite SB and probably my second favorite shoe ever. My girl got me these for Christmas in 2010 and besides my dog it’s the greatest gift I’ve ever received. Hope you enjoy them.

I’ve always wondered the same thing about the side panels. Only thing I could gather is that it’s supposed to resemble leaves. Maybe a tie in to the sycamore trees that surround the portal to the black lodge? This is just a pure nerdy speculation.

I’ve said this a million times, but this is my all time favorite SB and probably my second favorite shoe ever. My girl got me these for Christmas in 2010 and besides my dog it’s the greatest gift I’ve ever received. Hope you enjoy them.
Haha this at least gives me peace of mind - glad I'm not the only one who can't figure it out. Maybe that panel was just the designer's own unique spin on it; do you know who designed them? And the back heel panel (glossy stripes) I'm assuming is in reference to the red curtains in the black lodge? Looks like the same kind of pattern. Another detail I love is the deep purple on the inner tongue.

Regarding the Twin Peaks symbolism or design or whatever you want to call it...I think the popular theory on owls in the show were that they’re harbingers of darkness or something...

I always looked at them like they were the eyes and ears of the Black Lodge...Like they reported on the goings on in the town back to the Lodge 🤷‍♂️...They were literally always around when strange stuff was going down...Owls were in there a bunch throughout the whole series...

As for the 85-58 thing...That’s a callback to the Red Room early in the series when the characters talk backwards...So the Dunk originally released in ‘85, so backwards is 58’...

I need to go try on the College Navy Dunks somewhere in a W12 to see if the 10.5 would be too tight. I'm an 11 and DYING for that colorway .. smh @ Nike :smh: My Cuse SP's from 2020 in an 11 feels like I won't have enough give.

The only other option would be taking out the insole which I usually have a pet peeve about doing.

Regarding the Twin Peaks symbolism or design or whatever you want to call it...I think the popular theory on owls in the show were that they’re harbingers of darkness or something...

I always looked at them like they were the eyes and ears of the Black Lodge...Like they reported on the goings on in the town back to the Lodge 🤷‍♂️...They were literally always around when strange stuff was going down...Owls were in there a bunch throughout the whole series...

As for the 85-58 thing...That’s a callback to the Red Room early in the series when the characters talk backwards...So the Dunk originally released in ‘85, so backwards is 58’...
Wow I was not thinking of the dunk originally releasing in 85 :smh: my mind was caught up on the show being from 90-92. Thank you for the knowledge!The owl on the shoe I understand. And I'm assuming it's blue because of the blue rose motif. This is the design I'm not sure the meaning of:
1617669307463.png

Like BabyKiller138 BabyKiller138 it looks like leaves but I don't remember leaves being a big part of any scenes.

Wow I was not thinking of the dunk originally releasing in 85 :smh: my mind was caught up on the show being from 90-92. Thank you for the knowledge!The owl on the shoe I understand. And I'm assuming it's blue because of the blue rose motif. This is the design I'm not sure the meaning of:
1617669307463.png

Like BabyKiller138 BabyKiller138 it looks like leaves but I don't remember leaves being a big part of any scenes.

Yeah those designs always made me scratch my head...I think I eventually just decided that they were one of two things...Either they’re like representing the trees that were around the town...Or they kind of looked like the entrance to the Black Lodge from different angles...Either way I was never really able to figure that one out 🤷‍♂️...

FB14F11C-4A4F-4517-879E-447C25CFE265.jpeg
3ADED7C9-4629-4A9B-87FD-AE50416EEFB0.png

Yeah those designs always made me scratch my head...I think I eventually just decided that they were one of two things...Either they’re like representing the trees that were around the town...Or they kind of looked like the entrance to the Black Lodge from different angles...Either way I was never really able to figure that one out 🤷‍♂️...

FB14F11C-4A4F-4517-879E-447C25CFE265.jpeg
3ADED7C9-4629-4A9B-87FD-AE50416EEFB0.png
I had always assumed it represented the fallen leaves of all the bare trees around entrance to the black lodge

Post the skateshops name so NT Detectives can get on the case
Daville Skate Shop in Fayetteville NC, home of Fort Bragg one of the largest military installations in the world. We got 2 skate parks here and our Orange label account has seen prolly 4 dunks since the summer of 2019.

Still waiting on

Chicago's
Doraemons
Instant
Atlas
LA->Chi
Koston 1 Lows (either)
ACG
Laser
Street Hawker
Leather Orange Labels
Oskis