2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

SNKRS shipped Paul’s just now. Chunky’s for retail and now these. Guess I can’t really complain in the grand scheme of it all. Win some and lose some in this game. “Every dog has their day” I guess is what I’m trying to say here.

Wow, personal pair?
I think the only time I was willing to fly out for a pair if I won was the Dior Jordan 1s.

What's everybody's longest trip to pick up a pair of sneakers and what sneaker was it?
if we bringing up old pick ups, i lived in a small town called Altadena (Ca) as a teenager, and i skated to a Val Surf in Pasadena (city where the rose parade is) about 5 miles downhill for some fogs and send helps which they held for me :lol:

E7D72AB7-87C4-476E-B4C2-4D89133B897B.jpeg

The fact that these are $1200+ in my size on GOAT is mind boggling. I though even 600+ is too much for these. To be honest, Street Hawkers look better to me as far as execution and materials

What makes this what-the-p-rod that y'all didn't even know existed six months ago worth upwards of $650-1,000? Or other new releases like ben and jerry's, grateful deads? Only shoes I've ever eclipsed $4 or 500 on are grails that I've had to track down for years. The scarcity and age usually factor for why a shoe is that much to me. With a brand new release like these p-rod dunks, there are hundreds and hundreds of pairs available. There's no scarcity. No pairs have been beat or trashed yet.

What makes this what-the-p-rod that y'all didn't even know existed six months ago worth upwards of $650-1,000? Or other new releases like ben and jerry's, grateful deads? Only shoes I've ever eclipsed $4 or 500 on are grails that I've had to track down for years. The scarcity and age usually factor for why a shoe is that much to me. With a brand new release like these p-rod dunks, there are hundreds and hundreds of pairs available. There's no scarcity. No pairs have been beat or trashed yet.

That's the old way of looking at it, the way a lot of us see it that been doing it for a while. These days the "instant value" is the thing, unfortunately. Like the whole appeal of the shoe is based on the perceived value at release which is a short-sighted way to look at it but it is what it is now :/

if you want rare kicks... Often, the kicks people sleep on are actually produced in way lower numbers than some of these "limited SBs". They might make like 10-20k of some GR Air Max or blazer or whatever and make 3-5x that for whatever Jordan 1 or other hype shoe everyone is going for

Inflation? Marketing? Modern societal culture? You are, unfortunately, not a representation of the modern sneakerhead. Its all a huge clout chase, an awareness in general of these releases is so much wider than there is arguably MORE scarcity. Its not a couple thousand people seeing a shoe in the CCS catalog to skate them. Its literally millions globally pumping far more disposable income into the pipeline than ever before.

These days the real demand is based on hype, people gassing up a sneaker too much, and the other demand is reselling. Put these two factors together and you get high resale prices, when we know years ago they would sit. New buyers and alot more new resellers are ruining or have ruined this culture that was actually alive when there wasn't so much hype, so many bots, and so many resellers in the past. They wanna capitalize. Even on older sbs. Just by looking at a listing for 2005 pigeon sb or something similar, listed for $20000 :lol:. Crazy.

These days the real demand is based on hype, people gassing up a sneaker too much, and the other demand is reselling. Put these two factors together and you get high resale prices, when we know years ago they would sit. New buyers and alot more new resellers are ruining or have ruined this culture that was actually alive when there wasn't so much hype, so many bots, and so many resellers in the past. They wanna capitalize. Even on older sbs. Just by looking at a listing for 2005 pigeon sb or something similar, listed for $20000 :lol:. Crazy.
This is a good point. You can even rock and then sell for more as the value goes up, which is what I just did with my 2019 viotechs. I guess even if you pay a rack for p-rods today, you can sell for even more down the line.

Did anyone buy the friends and family box on stingwater? Heard it was really an empty box. They have part 2 of the friends and family box but still says it’s empty as well. Didn’t know if they actually sold the shoe on the site yet or if it’s a troll

Hype, Technology & FOMO.
New kids who are just entering the sneaker community don't even realize how it USED to be. They see the instant gratification of posting a pic of the "hyped" shoe & get that dopamine release. Internet, in general, has made the experience of life different from when it wasn't as prevalent for buying things. People who don't even like the kicks releasing, which is most of them, will try anyway to not miss out on the hype/money that comes attached to the "newly coveted" kicks.
Fast forward a few months after the release & the hype dies down...people will be on to the next "thing". Prices may dip but there is the majority of the people who bought to sell will stick to what they "believe" that shoe is worth depending on the perceived hype that followed it.
Case & point the Travis 1's... They were hyped but after the real hype status sunk in the price shot up. The Frag 1's will be higher in resell price the first day than the OG's which is insane. It May not stay that high but the fact that it does this is insane. You would think people would follow the trends and see how these releases work but people have a short attention span and short-term memory loss when it comes to FOMO.

Back
Top Bottom