2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Good. **** them.
As a Giants fan, I should have the same opinion but I dont. Most Giants fans in the Bay Area probably feel like I do. For the most part, we have all rooted for the A's to do well. But the animosity that A's fans have for Giants fans is crazy, one sided hate. I love going to A's games. Would be a real shame if they moved.

It’s to put pressure on local officials to make a decision. At this point it is what it is, this **** has dragged out so long. If it’s not approved, it’s hard to blame them for looking elsewhere.

Would be a shame with the Warriors and Raiders already leaving Oakland. Got a lot of family and friends from Richmond and East Oakland who are more baseball casuals but love the A's. They fw SF but it's not the same as rooting for a team on their side of the bridge...

I'm guessing A's move to Portland or Vegas, with the other getting an expansion team if it ever happens. Rays to Nashville will likely happen eventually so I don't know who on the East would be in line for a team, maybe Montreal?

Last edited:
Portland would be dope. Gives Seattle regional rival. Vegas would be dope but I can’t imagine those 120 degree day games in August. Then again, it would obviously be a retractable roof stadium. They should just play at the Raiders stadium and the Raiders can bring back the infield football field :lol:

If LV gets the A's a few years after getting the Raiders...yikes. Oakland tourism to Vegas would drop to 0 out of bitterness lol.

Baseball is awful right now.

No one can hit

No more hit and runs

No stolen bases

Just K's and dingers

Analytics has killed this sport for me

Been saying this. Small ball is a thing of the past. That's why I can still stomach watching the Sox. They have a team that slaps it around. Leading the league in BA, OPS, R, RBI. The strikeout/HR/walk formula gets boring.

If the A’s do relocate which I hope doesn’t happen rather see them go to Sacramento,Montreal, or Portland over Vegas.

I was always pro-shift but it’s gotten way out of hand. They’re gonna have to regulate it somehow. Same way a hitter has to be in the batter’s box, a pitcher has to be on the mound. They’re gonna make a rule saying the 2B and 3B can’t cross over to the other side of the infield and vice versa. I know, I know “hit it the other way.” These guys obviously can’t because pitchers are too good and cheating.

I was always pro-shift but it’s gotten way out of hand. They’re gonna have to regulate it somehow. Same way a hitter has to be in the batter’s box, a pitcher has to be on the mound. They’re gonna make a rule saying the 2B and 3B can’t cross over to the other side of the infield and vice versa. I know, I know “hit it the other way.” These guys obviously can’t because pitchers are too good and cheating.

I used to be pro-shift too until a very basic question was asked to me......Why is baseball the only sport that doesnt have illegal defense?

Sometimes it takes basic, big picture questions to change your stance.

Was listening to Theo on Bill Simmons' pod and he mentioned how the Minors will experiment with 2 on each side of 2B for half season, and then other half season restricting infielders from positioning on grass prior to pitch. Interested to see what the results are.

I personally don’t care for shifts, and believe flashier defensive plays occur when players have to extend themselves, so it could be axed for all I care.

Last edited:
A no shift rule or a modified rule is definitely in the future and I'm hoping sooner than later. Of course many guys can hit opposite way but with how several pitchers are in the modern era it can sometimes be damn near impossible to and still have it be a hit and/or get in fair territory.

184142689_3910407625739595_6049135317009825411_n.jpg

Yikes. Hopefully he's asymptomatic and no other players/staff are affected. If there's any silver lining, gives him a little bit of extra time to rest his shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom