2023 Official MLB Season Thread

From the article:

In December 2017, ESPN obtained the messages after being alerted to their existence by a baseball source. ESPN reached out to the woman, interviewed her and was prepared to report about the allegations but did not do so after the woman concluded her career would be harmed if the story came out. ESPN has periodically kept in touch with the woman -- who since has left journalism -- and, in recent days, she decided to come forward only on the condition of anonymity because she fears backlash in her home country.

About that first sentence, who was “the baseball source”? :lol:

Yeah, I read that but she’s still anonymous for fear of how she’ll be received in her country. They’re not even mentioning what country she’s from. They could’ve put the story out years ago and maintained her anonymity. If this is truly about exposing his horrible behavior, the story should have been released some kind of way back then. He could have been out of baseball years ago.

I know what you’re saying. She’s in finance now though. If she were kept anonymous and still in baseball though (like she was before recently), it probably would’ve been a lot easier for her to receive backlash from people within baseball that liked Porter, like that stupid *** Cubs source that she said was “mad” when she said she was considering a lawsuit in 2017.

As ****ed up as it is.

The Mets could hire Lunhow now and could put themselves in the lead for Springer if they wanted to keep making splashes.

I know what you’re saying. She’s in finance now though. If she were kept anonymous and still in baseball though (like she was before recently), it probably would’ve been a lot easier for her to receive backlash from people within baseball that liked Porter, like that stupid *** Cubs source that she said was “mad” when she said she was considering a lawsuit in 2017.

As ****ed up as it is.

But she’s still concerned about backlash hence why she’s still anonymous, whether she’s in baseball or not. But stories can “leak” out in a lot of ways. More could have been done to show what this dude was doing. A leaked story about a Cubs employee harassing a reporter. Keeping this story secret created a ticking time bomb for whichever organization hired him. Now the Mets have wasted time and money on a dude who shouldn’t have been in the position to be hired. He could’ve been harassing even more women in that 4-5 year timespan.

But she’s still concerned about backlash hence why she’s still anonymous, whether she’s in baseball or not. But stories can “leak” out in a lot of ways. More could have been done to show what this dude was doing. A leaked story about a Cubs employee harassing a reporter. Keeping this story secret created a ticking time bomb for whichever organization hired him. Now the Mets have wasted time and money on a dude who shouldn’t have been in the position to be hired. He could’ve been harassing even more women in that 4-5 year tim

She’s still concerned about backlash because like she said, how women victims are treated in her country.

Not a ticking time bomb if you fire him immediately after you found out like the Mets just did.

Good morning, shocked to hear the news

Disgusting and disappointing

Cohen and the Mets did the right thing

In this day and age firing him is the best option for all parties.

I just don’t like how this chick/espn held on to the story for 5 years

Last edited:
She’s still concerned about backlash because like she said, how women victims are treated in her country.

Not a ticking time bomb if you fire him immediately after you found out like the Mets just did.

He was a ticking time bomb. He just went off with the Mets. He was going to be a problem for the organization he signed to when he was outed, even though he did this nonsense when he was with the Cubs. He could’ve been outed with the Cubs, Diamondbacks. Now he gets exposed with the Mets, wasting their time and money at a crucial moment for an organization that’s trying to establish a new regime. He was fired immediately by the Mets when he should’ve been fired years ago. I put a lot of blame on ESPN and whoever in the Cubs and elsewhere knew about this. And if it turns out that he harassed even more women after this incident, I put even more blame on them.

I’m all for firing the guy but I gotta say....I could see how he initially thought she was feeling him. Her responses to his first texts are unfortunate.

Porter texted again the next day, according to the messages, and attempts by both to set up a meeting fell through. On July 19, 2016, he reached out to her again, inquiring as to her whereabouts and asking: "Why aren't we hanging out??" Porter asked whether the woman remembered what he looked like and said: "You're so pretty. Do you have a boyfriend yet?" He sent a selfie and said: "It can be me!"

The woman responded with text shorthand indicating laughter and added: "let's meet." Porter asked her for a picture. In her home country, the woman told ESPN, "It's very common for friends of the opposite sex to send each other photos. I didn't think much of it."

After she sent a selfie, Porter responded: "You're gorgeous. Want more of me?"

She said yes, explaining to ESPN: "I thought it would be awkward to say no. I didn't think of where it would progress."

Porter sent three pictures, including the first of several that would show a man lying on a bed with a bulge in his pants. The woman said she initially was confused.

"Like?" Porter wrote.

She laughed again and texted yes, though she told ESPN that she didn't realize the intention of the photo taken on the bed.

Dude said he wanted to be her boyfriend and she responded “lol let’s meet.”

he asked if she wanted more pics of him and she said yes.

he sent a pic of his crotch bulge and asked if she liked it and she said “lol yes”

62 unanswered texts and a **** pic is nasty though. I know dudes just like him though.Hitting girls up a week after her not responding back and **** :lol: :smh: I always tell them not to run for office or hold any public career cuz they’ll get exposed by their creepy past :lol:

Not good with the ladies is an understatement, you'd think he'd get the message with over 60 messages without a reply.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him fired before noon, a promotion for Zack Scott from AGM to GM, and then announcing the signing of Springer to draw the attention away 🤷‍♂️

Good point! He clearly lacked common sense to realize she wasn't interested in him based on all those unanswered texts. And sending penis pics was not the right way to persuade her! 🙄

Now that was a no-brainer that Jared Porter was going to get fired within 24 hours after it was exposed that he sent all those lewd messages. It's like he got fired on his day off like how it happened to Craig on Friday. 😆

It’s not your situation to like - she handled this how she was comfortable doing so.
It doesn’t matter what I like or not like. I’m just saying it’s shady af to hold on to something for years and wait til somebody becomes famous years down the line to come out and say something. Even for espn to know of the story years ago, and not doing anything about it then.

Back
Top Bottom