2024 NBA Draft Thread

They were both just developed physically compared to their peers. Mikey never really hit a growth spurt since coming into the scene. Emoni has terrible measurements as well

I’m just not seeing it with yo, he’s been giving off “peaked early” vibes for like 2 years now :lol: :smh: …Same with Mikey Williams

My biggest basketball concern with him is that he does nothing to affect the game besides scoring and I'm not quite sure HOW good of a scorer he projects to be.

He has range and can get hot in a flurry when he's open, but when the game slows down in a half court setting...he's struggling to get seperation. Decent handle, but not a great first step. A bit slow. Negative wingspan doesn't allow for him to just rise up and shoot unbothered over defenders unless they're undersized. He's going to have to reallllly tighten up his handle if he's going to be strictly a jump shooter.

I've always been good on Mikey Williams. He's more IG/YT basketball celeb than elite NBA prospect. Good for him the NIL is going to allow him to capitalize on that now.

My biggest basketball concern with him is that he does nothing to affect the game besides scoring and I'm not quite sure HOW good of a scorer he projects to be.

He has range and can get hot in a flurry when he's open, but when the game slows down in a half court setting...he's struggling to get seperation. Decent handle, but not a great first step. A bit slow. Negative wingspan doesn't allow for him to just rise up and shoot unbothered over defenders unless they're undersized. He's going to have to reallllly tighten up his handle if he's going to be strictly a jump shooter.

I've always been good on Mikey Williams. He's more IG/YT basketball celeb than elite NBA prospect. Good for him the NIL is going to allow him to capitalize on that now.
Good summary…My biggest issue with Bates is I don’t see anything that shows he’ll be a legit scorer on higher levels…Like you said his jumper would have to get like THAT to become the type of player everybody been projecting him to be

Penny still running yo at point? How’s that going :lol:

Bates seems like a guy who would probably do a lot better off ball than on ball, if he could learn to make that adjustment

That was fun. Chet and Banchero are completely different players. Will be fun to see how things play out with them.

I haven’t watched much college ball at this point - just clips here and there.

Can Chet put on enough weight/get strong enough to keep himself from being American KP?

Just looks like he’s bound to get bullied into oblivion playing the 5 - and his frame doesn’t look like it’s gonna carry a ton more mass.

Can Chet put on enough weight/get strong enough to keep himself from being American KP?
Million dollar question, but I think so. I think generally he’s just way more competitive than KP. I’d bet on that.

Mark Williams looked good last night but can’t imagine drafting a kid with that skill set before the late first/early 2nd at this point. Those type of bigs just aren’t that valuable to me anymore.

Body type aside Chet and KP aren’t alike in terms of play style. i get comparing based of physical profile but nope. Chet more of an intangibles little thing player who can move his feet enough on d

Chet def has more intangibles than KP and more polished at the same age. KP was way more athletic though. Chet isn’t postering dudes like that.

KP was real good. Had all the moves, and looked smooth couple of years in the league before the injury. Pre injury KP in a redraft goes #2. Post injury KP just a shooter thats not consistent and will get you a block here and there.

I also don’t think Chet has the body type to add on weight. He’s more of a KD body than a young AD or Dwight coming into the league.

Back
Top Bottom