2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice Tray is a good offensive player, but he isn't even top 3 in the East, let alone the league. And he's coming off one of the worst offensive performances in the playoffs by someone that could be deemed to be in that class ever.

Just spent 30 mins trying to search and find that old Bill Russell wears the same outfit during the finals or all star weekend (I forget, I’m washed) thread with no luck … anybody remember what I’m talking about?

Anyways RIP to the legend

Celtics defensive ranking.

Pre Bill Russell;

8th of 9
8th of 8
6th of 8

Bill Russell joins the celtics;

1st
1st
1st
1st
1st
1st
1st
1st
1st
1st
2nd
1st

in 1964 the celtics defense, was 10 points better than league average
the biggest gap in NBA history i believe.

and the season he they ranked second,
Russell played by far his lowest amount of minutes in a season in his career.

Ice Tray is a good offensive player, but he isn't even top 3 in the East, let alone the league. And he's coming off one of the worst offensive performances in the playoffs by someone that could be deemed to be in that class ever.
A bad playoff series doesn’t dramatically change who he is, but you been a hater.

Name me 3 better offensive players in the east.

Durant did too. So did Tatum
Kevin Durant playoffs- 26 points and 6 assists on 39/33 shooting. 5 turnovers per game.
Jayson Tatum playoffs- 26 points and 6 assists on 43/39 shooting. 4 turnovers per game.
Ice Tray playoffs- 15 points and 6 assists on 32/18 shooting. 6 turnovers per game.

One is not like the others.

The previous playoffs Trae got to play against multiple drop coverage teams.
he's absolutely one of the most devastating offensive weapons against a drop.

but

Miami was the big test to see if he could beat an elite switching defense,

and he totally failed.
until he figures out how to do that, can't put him top tier of offensive players.

Kevin Durant playoffs- 26 points and 6 assists on 39/33 shooting. 5 turnovers per game.
Jayson Tatum playoffs- 26 points and 6 assists on 43/39 shooting. 4 turnovers per game.
Ice Tray playoffs- 15 points and 6 assists on 32/18 shooting. 6 turnovers per game.

One is not like the others.

Swept
Post his finals splits
Trae was awful and had less help

They all were trash last time we saw them

Embiid isn’t better than Trae either

I like Trey but his 3pt shooting is too inconsistent. For the year he shot 38% which is good but the years prior was in the low 30%. They need to figure out how to get him some easier shots.

Knicks win ~45 this szn with everyone healthy for most of the yr.

Idk where that will leave them but playoffs/play-in are in reach.

How is that any worse than Trae/Huerter or Trae/Bogdonavic?

Murray's been on an All Defensive Team before.
For starters huerter and Bogdan are 6'7" and 6'6" respectively. Secondly neither of them are particularly skinny.

Murray, while being solid defensively vs. other 1s, hasn't been named all defense since 2018.

If he has to guard bigger, stronger 2 guards, will he hold up?

He'll prob pick up the most talented offensive guard night in/out. However, when he does, where does that leave young? Especially if Murray checks the point.

A starting back court that's skinny, and no taller than 6'4"... And not really defensive minded?

I'm not saying it can't work... But, I'm inclined to believe that it will be their weakness.

Imo

For starters huerter and Bogdan are 6'7" and 6'6" respectively. Secondly neither of them are particularly skinny.

Murray, while being solid defensively vs. other 1s, hasn't been named all defense since 2018.

He'll prob pick up the most talented offensive guard night in/out. However, when he does, where does that leave young? Especially if Murray checks the point.

A starting back court that's skinny, and no taller than 6'4"... And not really defensive minded?

I'm not saying it can't work... But, I'm inclined to believe that it will be their weakness.

Imo

What big 2s are there in the East?

Imo

1. Being tall doesn't make you a good defender. If so, Duncan Robinson wouldn't be the richest player not in a rotation right now. Nobody would ever take Huerter or Bogdon over Murray on defense under any circumstances.

2. He's 6'4 with a 6'10 wingspan. The #1 reason why he's been a plus defender for the majority of his career.Who are these big strong 2 guards terrorizing the league that Murray has to guard now?

3. Dejounte Murray is absolutely defensive minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom