2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks still talking down on Durant like he goofed

He’s in control of where he plays and who he plays with. Only one team wins the title and everyone else gets slandered anyway

He’s still doing things his way and would have gotten slander even if he won another ring “under steph as his side kick”

He made the correct choice for him by leaving the warriors. Irving and harden getting injured was extreme bad luck and nyc extra mandates with covid was the worst possible luck

It happens

Hiring his dad, clearing all this cap space — they better fire Leon Rose before he does something stupid
They about to edit that sopranos skit they did for bron and change it to Brunson. Run it on the jumbo tron and msg for their recruiting pitch

Folks still talking down on Durant like he goofed

He’s in control of where he plays and who he plays with. Only one team wins the title and everyone else gets slandered anyway

He’s still doing things his way and would have gotten slander even if he won another ring “under steph as his side kick”

He made the correct choice for him by leaving the warriors. Irving and harden getting injured was extreme bad luck and nyc extra mandates with covid was the worst possible luck

It happens
This. There’s some huge revisionist history about his time with the Warriors which is surprising because it just happened recently. You couldn’t go a single day without someone calling KD a snake and now they’re all saying he should’ve stayed. Why so he can be slandered for winning meaningless rings some more?

Brooklyn needs to blow it up. At least they can blow it up and end up in a not bad rebuilding situation. Get a haul for KD. Get anything at all for Kyrie. Trade Seth to a contender. Ben you can’t get **** for but whatever, maybe he becomes a good starter again.
Coming soon to the NBA, starring Benjamin Simmons, “The Process Part 2: Brooklyn Socialite Style”

Hiring his dad, clearing all this cap space — they better fire Leon Rose before he does something stupid

I just reviewed what the Knicks did last night and it should be a crime
I love JB. Love him. Want to keep him in Dallas at whatever cost even though he's gonna get wildly overpaid because the Knicks are the Knicks.

Imagine salary dumping a lottery pick and other assets to create max cap space for a point guard that was unplayable in a playoff series one year ago, won't ever make an all-star team, and locking yourself up cap-wise to a team where your top 3 guys aren't all-stars and your other young talent has zero star power.

While also supposedly staunchly refusing to include RJ in a trade for Donovan Mitchell. :lol: :lol:

I don't get it. At least the Mavs have SOME justification for paying JB because all it costs is money.

EYE don't completely buy him signing on with Washington.

Think Boston/Philly/Miami are very real possibilities for him.
He’s certainly leaving all possibilities open, publicly, at this point lol

What would Boston and Miami have to give up to get him tho

I love JB. Love him. Want to keep him in Dallas at whatever cost even though he's gonna get wildly overpaid because the Knicks are the Knicks.

Imagine salary dumping a lottery pick and other assets to create max cap space for a point guard that was unplayable in a playoff series one year ago, won't ever make an all-star team, and locking yourself up cap-wise to a team where your top 3 guys aren't all-stars and your other young talent has zero star power.

While also supposedly staunchly refusing to include RJ in a trade for Donovan Mitchell. :lol: :lol:

I don't get it. At least the Mavs have SOME justification for paying JB because all it costs is money.
Will the Knicks even have max cap slot?

Makes perfect sense for the Mavs. I just don’t get what the Knicks are doing at all. They keep swaying back and forth between the slow build and wanting to make a “splashy” move.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 11.46.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 11.48.34 AM.png

Who knew that superstar was going to be Jalen Brunson? YIKES

He’s certainly leaving all possibilities open, publicly, at this point lol

What would Boston and Miami have to give up to get him tho
Beal going anywhere would basically involve him threatening to walk for nothing and then opting into his final year to force a trade where he wants.

Boston can trade White/Theis/Nesmith to make salary work + picks/swaps (The Jrue Holiday package)

Miami would have to be Lowry + whatever other random piece to make salary work + picks/swaps. Herro and/or Duncan Robinson could be on the table too potentially.

Philly would be Tobi and whatever.

Opting in and forcing trade is the easiest way for him to get to where he wants without those teams having to gut themselves.

This reminds me of when the Knicks telegraphed to everyone in 2008 they were going after LeBron in 2010. Except this time it's in a matter of two months involving Jalen Brunson.

This. There’s some huge revisionist history about his time with the Warriors which is surprising because it just happened recently. You couldn’t go a single day without someone calling KD a snake and now they’re all saying he should’ve stayed. Why so he can be slandered for winning meaningless rings some more?
He goofed when he left okc. I doubt he'll ever admit it but everything after that is just putting on a bandaid. Unlike Bron he had all the help needed but he still felt justified in taking the easy way out after seeing the face of the league do it years prior. Now Steph has 2 rings to his 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom