2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
You doing way too much here. Let's just simplify this: You've asserted several times that "Andrew Wiggins was wanted....just not as his price tag".

I just want to know what you're basing this on. That's it.
I am basing this on an assumption based on how the NBA operates, and the simple economic principle of how price affects demand

For all his flaws, 24-year-old wing athletic wing, can average close to 20ppg. A lot of teams would want a that in theory, but this contract made him cost prohibitive

For example, I think Kelly Oubre is not as good as Wiggins, is younger, and he still finds work in the NBA. But for less than half the price as Wiggins.

That is what I am basing it on. Besides if demand for Wiggins was zero at any price, then that implies he would have been out of the league if not for the Wolves contract. Which I don't believe.

GSW got Wiggins as a result of them trading D-Angelo Russell.

The Warriors got Russel because of the sign and trade with the Nets for Durant when he decided to leave. The fact they were able to do a sign and trade helped them a ton.

They only had Durant because one of the best players in the world wanted an easier way to a championship

Wiggins was averaging 22/5/3 in Minny the season he got traded. People wanted him, maybe not for his full salary, but he was far from Russ. The main concern was not his skill, but his commitment and effort to getting better.

Much of GSW success is based on their great drafting and player development, of course. Especially for Chip #1.

But it is also based on an owner that is willing to spend more that the rest of the league, and key free agents that left money on the table to sign with them. Plus the downstream benefits from that. Which is fine.

Be happy for your team, but this got it out the mud steez Warriors fans be peddling are just fairy tales to help them sleep better at night

It’s sick and disgusting this underdog narrative GS has been able to peddle in this thread.

Screenshot_20221016-182508_Chrome.jpg

Warriors aint repeating :lol:. Yall can get that out your head. They have an interesting roster in that their core 3 is over the hill and their young core is unproven. The only guy in his prime ironically is Wiggins. A lot of unlikely events would have to break right for them. Don't think they can count on all their opponents being injured once again

Damb, by reading our reaction back then, a lot of us were really digging Myers and co.'s grave, basically saying they got dementia :lol:

Makes Wiggins being an All-Star and the Warriors winning stand out even more now :lol:

Warriors aint repeating :lol:. Yall can get that out your head. They have an interesting roster in that their core 3 is over the hill and their young core is unproven. The only guy in his prime ironically is Wiggins. A lot of unlikely events would have to break right for them. Don't think they can count on all their opponents being injured once again
Don’t forget the D I S S E N S I O N . Gon haunt them all season. Draymond loyal to Klutch now.

You were comically wrong last year :lol:. Like so bad.

******s ain’t hearing you.

UnderDawg DUBZ In fo!

Warriors face Memphis Dallas and Denver again, healthy this time, and some of yall still have them as the favorites? I haven't seen anyone say any of those teams got worse over the summer.

Did the Warriors really get any worse?
They got older. Their core 3 isn't up and coming anymore and you can't really expect them to improve on their performances from last season. It's possible but not likely. All the teams they faced in the playoffs last year should be significantly upgraded. Gp and Otto were key playoff contributors replaced by guys getting their first real run this season. And the way they finished the 2nd half of the regular season is cause for concern. Post all star they were below .500. And then people act like it's a cakewalk to repeat when it's the most difficult achievement in sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom