2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warriors face Memphis Dallas and Denver again, healthy this time, and some of yall still have them as the favorites? I haven't seen anyone say any of those teams got worse over the summer.
They prob won't face all 3 in the Playoffs this time around

But it's definitely tougher for sure if everyone's healthy

GSW vs LAC or Denver at full health is something so necessary but we'll never get cuz the bball Gods hate us

Also, Dallas lost Brunson but gained Wood and get back healthy THJ... questionable how much they improved

Did the Warriors really get any worse?

think they got better
lost some veteran depth (belli, otto, jta), but that core is still there. the young kids are ready and i like the signing of jamychal and donte. we saw poole make that leap and i expect moses to have a breakout year. getting wiseman back is going to be a plus in keeping loon and dray fresh throughout the season. kum is going to get his opportunities and if he can be consistent and play within the system he can be a difference maker with the second unit.

Just speaking basketball. GSW run plays to get their great shooters open looks at the 3 point line with constant ball movement. The other contenders in the NBA are still running high pick n roll then they work players in the low post hoping a double team gets a defender a wide open 3 pointer😂

Just the fact that the majority of the NBA is playing dumb basketball makes me think the GSW will repeat.

Just speaking basketball. GSW run plays to get their great shooters open looks at the 3 point line with constant ball movement. The other contenders in the NBA are still running high pick n roll then they work players in the low post hoping a double team gets a defender a wide open 3 pointer😂

Just the fact that the majority of the NBA is playing dumb basketball makes me think the GSW will repeat.

Can’t play like Steph and Klay if you don’t have Steph and Klay

The warriors like

The warriors ‘plays’ work the way they do because anything Steph does on or off ball breaks the defense and creates a man advantage for them. Read and react principles that are enacted because of Steph. Without him the ‘plays’ would be terrible

It’s not rocket science they just can do it because of Steph lol

The warriors like

The warriors ‘plays’ work the way they do because anything Steph does on or off ball breaks the defense and creates a man advantage for them. Read and react principles that are enacted because of Steph. Without him the ‘plays’ would be terrible

It’s not rocket science they just can do it because of Steph lol
I must be missing something. I’m talking GSWs chances at repeating and y’all talking without Steph and Klay…. Why do y’all think they won’t be there?

It takes so much to break right to repeat. Ask the Lakers. Or the Bucks. Who both looked prime for a repeat. Until..........

I don't know about this one.

They certainly have a shot to repeat because Steph is him but they’re depending a lot more on unproven guys outside of Steph klay and dray

And they were a pretty mediocre offensive team last year after the hot start. I think they finished middle of the pack offensively. They have more questions that need to be answered than one might suggest, I think. And that’s before you get to the chemistry stuff with draymond

Much like lac den and other contenders they too have some glaring question marks

Last edited:
Warriors aint repeating :lol:. Yall can get that out your head. They have an interesting roster in that their core 3 is over the hill and their young core is unproven. The only guy in his prime ironically is Wiggins. A lot of unlikely events would have to break right for them. Don't think they can count on all their opponents being injured once again

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE in June 2023 when steph's hoisting another trophy

breaking-bad-jessie-pinkman.gif

They have an interesting roster in that their core 3 is over the hill and their young core is unproven

if you read this out of context, it could easily be interpreted as someone talking about the lakers

Going to come down to who is healthy in the west. I don’t trust Draymond to not blow up. He broke the locker room. Easy to say all is forgiven before the grind hits

health and depth will be the more important thing come playoffs. i doubt the players just "move on" mentally from draymond's actions or forgive him for what he did to the locker room, but we saw what happened in 2019 after the KD/dray fall out. they still played some of the best ball in the league after that and made it to game 6 of the finals.

Laker thread has me convinced that it doesn’t matter about wins but about how good your team owner is doing

Jeanie made the most profit last year which is like 0.75 of a championship to some fans. So yea we are the best team in the league!

4C2F0A16-C57D-4C0E-AE69-9B27B9C1A1DE.jpeg

It takes so much to break right to repeat. Ask the Lakers. Or the Bucks. Who both looked prime for a repeat. Until..........

I don't know about this one.
Idk if you can say that about either of those teams. For better or worse the Bubble happened and its a unique standalone event. The following season was abnormal as well. Those are hard resets afterwards imo

This season & offseason is the first truly normal one in three years, and given that I would say that it’s the one with the highest chance of a repeat.

I bet money on it so I’m allowed to have an opinion on it.

They certainly have a shot to repeat because Steph is him but they’re depending a lot more on unproven guys outside of Steph klay and dray

And they were a pretty mediocre offensive team last year after the hot start. I think they finished middle of the pack offensively. They have more questions that need to be answered than one might suggest, I think. And that’s before you get to the chemistry stuff with draymond

Much like lac den and other contenders they too have some glaring question marks

Their offense tapered off when Draymond got hurt. He’s truly a hard guy to replace. He’s the point guard almost as much as Steph is the point guard at times. They really gotta ride this season out with him and see what happens.

It will also be a shame if he walks. It devalues the narrative a bit. No one really likes seeing guys who made their legacy on teams finish out wearing obscure jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom