New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Darnold at 2 would be massive.

You all realize what having that much money locked up at rb does to us long term? Having Darnold at that pay will benefit us so much long term.

Very balanced schedule, I like it. Need to figure out which games to go to, might grab a mini game plan.

Flowers no show again. Guy is clearly a head case.....you could win the RT or Guard job, play above avg in 18 and get a big pay day somewhere instead you don't show up, no team is going to want you to be a day one starter, at best you compete for job worst backup.........giants will be drafting Oline in round 2.....thats what sucks about not having pugh back and Flowers awall gotta draft help instead of adding to spots elsewhere

Today is the day. Think if we don't trade back we should go QB #2 with Darnold/Rosen.

build up to this draft has been very intense for some reason.....if this is the case for others, must be crazy in that giants front office.

our GM is old, our coach is older than avg and 2nd try as head coach......my feeling is their thinking is barkley helps them keep their jobs for next 7+ years(if barkley is REAL DEAL) rather than QB that IF he is a bust their careers are over within 4 seasons........i think their feeling is we can get more out of Eli(might be true) with legit players around him like LT RB WR.
I also think these guys hope that Darnold goes one.....LIKLEY they told their ownership 1 QB that they like and is a franchise QB and i'm gonna guess that is Darnold.....if he is there at 2 and they pass on him they need to explain to fans, media and most importantly, ownership, that they felt there was no franchise QB in this draft and they better be damn right.....

if Darnold is gone i can accept that they felt the other QBs are not a good fit because i don't think they are and most do rank Darnold as the top QB prospect.

i wanted barkley bad early on, still be happy with him but its the wrong move being at 2....your job is to identify the franchise QB, there are 5 in this 1st round at least, these guys can't say davis webb off just PRACTICE is that franchise guy, he might be but can't risk missing out on the next franchise QB when you're that high. There are at least 6 teams that would be happy with drafting one of these 5 guys, and you're going to tell me the front office can't pick one of the remaining guys at 2? HOGWASH!

GO GIANTS!
1 Darnold
2 Sony Michel RB
3 Braden Smith G
3 Parry Nickerson CB
4 Jalyn Holmes DE
5 Antonio Callaway WR

If they draft Barkley at 2 then i think they should draft Rudolph or Falk or Litton......let them fight it out with webb

Last edited:
Giants just stated there was no franchise QB in this draft......
i really think the GM/Coach wanted to make the best roster so they have longer career....their concern is not life after eli....

we got davis webb.... give the guy a shot once eli hangs it up... i dont see the point in drafting a qb when hes going to sit a long time before playing... and we havent had a good back in like forever

i'll rock and roll with barkley no problem, but darnold 20 can afford to sit a few years like arron did

Eli gonna go out like John Elway

Hernandez would be a great get for us in 2nd round.....instant upgrade over jerry we would just need to figure out who RT is....have the rooks from last year battle for RT

Last edited:
I’d love if we can get Hernandez. But he has to make it past cleveland, and there are teams that probably know we need oline help badly.

If they truly didn’t feel Darnold or Rosen were franchise QBs, I get taking Barkley. I just feel like he won’t be able to show anything until we have an Oline. We’re another year or more away from competing bc Reese gave us almost no young talent and no depth.

We still need a tackle, guard, and edge rusher. Would be nice to get a corner that can contribute too

I'm not mad at the pick, I'm a huge fan and hope he has a great career. I was and still am skeptical of taking a RB this high and I think trading down would have been smart and try to maybe grab Rosen if available lower.

Either way, I'm excited to finally have a potentially elite RB after all this time .

I would have preferred Rosen to be honest (because of Eli's age) but I don' blame them for drafting a talent like Barkley, plus the coaching staff must see something in Webb. This offensive line will be terrible for a while longer so I'm curious to see hos this running game develops.

Can always get more QB talent after this season

the Oline could be much improved.....Solder is an above avg guy, jones at C was solid last year.......RT it won't be flowers 100% that could be an upgrade over hart, if we get Hernandez today that could be huge......this is a rebuilt Oline, the rams/vikings last offseason improved their OLine greatly......i don't know how the seakhawks passed on Hernandez....

Also if this guy is a great RB he makes everyones job easier in that offense.....its 3rd and 4? D line and blitzers can't attack our offense thinking its a pass anymore, could be a 18 yard run.....

Giants should look into getting Teddy if Jets cut him or even QB in draft....

I do like who they got at LT, as long as they draft a ready to play now G then we can probably see some improvements. So much talent to choose from in the second round with O-Line or even Dline, CB.

Barkley is a special talent and extremely explosive, hope this season will be fun to watch. No draw plays on 3rd and 10 please.

Last edited:
Look at what Shurmur did with Minnesota’s offfense last year and us adding Barkley, he is working at upgrades at all of the skill positions. This offense should be top 7 no doubt. Let’s goooooo

I love the pick, I think this kid is a star. I would have been cool with trading the pick but I heard on WFAN that the Giants didn't get any great offers for the 2. I thought once Cleveland didn't pick Darnold, we would be getting some calls but who knows.

One of the writers for the Giants said the Giants didn't like any of the QBs in this draft. They won't draft a QB in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. They think Eli can play a few more seasons if they fix the OL and they still want to see what Webb can do.

I'm really hoping we get Hernandez. Everything I read about him seems like he'll make a huge impact on our line and right away. We got the second pick so as long as Cleveland doesn't draft him, we're good but they could trade back since others might want Hernandez.

good pick in Hernandez, need to win that guard job.....might as well cut jerry....

Back
Top Bottom