2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

1652808257048.png

Back again with a double post. Back to quality talk. Just found these at a thrift store they're from 2003 and my word, nike ****ed the dunk up with the quality they give us now for these new pairs. These are amazing quality and are just a regular degular generic colorway dunk from 03. My only gripe is that they're not a 13.
20220517_132201.jpg

Back again with a double post. Back to quality talk. Just found these at a thrift store they're from 2003 and my word, nike ****ed the dunk up with the quality they give us now for these new pairs. These are amazing quality and are just a regular degular generic colorway dunk from 03. My only gripe is that they're not a 13.
20220517_132201.jpg

Used to own this pair, def heaters turned beaters for me.

Some lucky soul is definitely about to come up. If they were a 13 I would have immediately copped and began restoration.

It was a great pair, I got them in NYC when visiting my buddy who was at NYU at the time.

They did end up holding onto dust and such real bad if I didn't wear them for a while so I'm surprised they look that good in that shop honestly

This video from Bluetile Skateboards breaks down the Gnarhunter Dunk SB Lows. I didn't know until this video, but the Bluetile guy thinks they're based on Gnarhunters' surf background. I knew the insoles related to surfing, but didn't know anything about the outside materials and details. Apparently they use wetsuit material, obviously towel material, and the Bluetile dude thinks the removable Swooshes look like they look to simulate having board wax on them. They also do come with an extra pair of laces (thinner, not the usual SB oval laces), and the reviewer thinks the "hangtag" is also a wax scraper. The details, and the connection to surfing if that's the case, are super dope IMO. Ultimately though, they're not for me, and are an easy pass for me personally.

This video from Bluetile Skateboards breaks down the Gnarhunter Dunk SB Lows. I didn't know until this video, but the Bluetile guy thinks they're based on Gnarhunters' surf background. I knew the insoles related to surfing, but didn't know anything about the outside materials and details. Apparently they use wetsuit material, obviously towel material, and the Bluetile dude thinks the removable Swooshes look like they look to simulate having board wax on them. They also do come with an extra pair of laces (thinner, not the usual SB oval laces), and the reviewer thinks the "hangtag" is also a wax scraper. The details, and the connection to surfing if that's the case, are super dope IMO. Ultimately though, they're not for me, and are an easy pass for me personally.

You are always very eloquent on your thoughts about shoes. Which I always appreciate.

I’ll dumb it down a bit and say, for an all black shoe they did a good job. But…meh.

Back
Top Bottom