2023 Official MLB Season Thread

The offers and posturing helped him remember that there’s a shhh ton of $$$$$$ to be made in spending as little as possible on your team while having two transcendent superstars (one who attracts millions of dollars from foreign markets) in the second largest media market with TV money running wild in the streets.

I hear you. I think that was his point tho. If Harold Baines was the mid, Rolen just took that spot. So he used a random 90's MLB guy to make the case.

Will Clark would have worked too.
Or Castellanos.
Ichiro.....

:lol:

The SD girl who accused Trevor Bauer was a former team cheer squad girl for the Padres called the Pad Squad. There was rumors saying that same girl also messed around with Clevinger and Tatis also.

I posted this when it came out - my boy who works for the Padres confirmed all of this - Tatis was with her from his first day up 😂

I actually think Scot Rollen has a reasonable and for a long time underrated hall of fame case

and I think if he played now he would gotten more credit for his game now that we have better ways of measuring feilding.

but I'm annoyed that he seems to be getting as some kind of rebuke of the steroid era.

Scott Rolen gets in...but Andruw Jones doesn't?
what about Kenny Lofton? all 3 guys were great fielders, and very good offensive player.
somewhat underrated in their day.

It just strikes me as Scott Rolen is being used as a good clean (white) face for the HOF

feels nasty.

Baseball HOF is stupid. Simple as that.

I think it's the hardest to get into in sports compared to the NBA, NFL, and other US major sports.

The problem is the system and sports writers who do the voting on who gets in. Barry Bonds it's obvious because of the PED and asteroids use. But even before all that he was known to be a jerk to the media, teammates and everyone else. That's another reason why he's never getting into the HOF.

Pete Rose I do think he should be in the HOF.

Why did i think andruw jones was in the HOF already. Make it make sense to me why he is not? All them GGs and he had a sold bat in his prime. Was he part of any PED scandal?

Why did i think andruw jones was in the HOF already. Make it make sense to me why he is not? All them GGs and he had a sold bat in his prime. Was he part of any PED scandal?

He absolutely should be (and probably will in another year or 2). He was an elite player for a decade.

I think it's the hardest to get into in sports compared to the NBA, NFL, and other US major sports.

The problem is the system and sports writers who do the voting on who gets in. Barry Bonds it's obvious because of the PED and asteroids use. But even before all that he was known to be a jerk to the media, teammates and everyone else. That's another reason why he's never getting into the HOF.

Pete Rose I do think he should be in the HOF.
By saying "I do think Pete Rose should be in" right after mentioning a paragraph about Barry Bonds, it seems like you don't think Barry Bonds should be in.

Instead of running with that assumption, I'll plainly ask: Do you think Barry Bonds should be in?

Is Pete Rose in? No.
Is Barry Bonds in? No.
Is Mark McGwire in? No.
Is Roger Clemens in? No.
Is Curt Schilling in? No.
Is Sammy Sosa in? No.
Is Rafael Palmeiro in? No.

Is Scott Rolen in? Yes.

:stoneface:

I made the comment about 6 or so years ago that we are going to be getting a lot of questionable enshrinements in the foreseeable future because so many voters want to be on their high horse and keep PED guys out of the Hall. Rolen is a perfect example.

While I think he is much more deserving than you seem to, to me he is questionable. The idea that Mark Grace is a HOFer is laughable though. 3x All Star, 4x GG isnt a HOFer to me. His WAR is like 25 less than Rolen, who I would deem as a fringe HOFer.

By saying "I do think Pete Rose should be in" right after mentioning a paragraph about Barry Bonds, it seems like you don't think Barry Bonds should be in.

Instead of running with that assumption, I'll plainly ask: Do you think Barry Bonds should be in?

No I don't think Bonds should be in the HOF and it's because of the 2 main reasons I said in my first post.

As a baseball coach myself, I will never get behind the idea that Rose deserves enshrinement. And yes, I am very aware of how amazing a player he was.

Same. No issue with Rose and Bonds rightfully being excluded from the HOF.

Sammy should be in the cheating HOF. Steroids + corked bats. That man was giving it his all :lol:

Another Cub who I wonder how he got into the HOF and he barely in is Ryne Sandberg. Check out his career stats:

Ryne.png

Back
Top Bottom