2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
GS pursued KD because they knew they weren't GOOD ENOUGH to beat Bron and Kyrie currently as constructed.

Y'all always overlook that FACT.

AS A 73 WIN TEAM WITH A BACK TO BACK MVP, DPOY CANDIDATE, AND ANOTHER ALL-STAR SHOOTING GUARD WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

And that's OK. They wouldn't have won w/o KD and KD probably wasn't getting through them if he stayed in OKC.

IT'S O K.

I think saying they weren't good enough is a stretch. They were up 3-1 and that Draymond ejection flipped the script but a Finals win is a Finals win and I always respect the winners.

I think they could have got them in 2017 and definitely 2018 without Myrie.

I didn't mean to disturb the peace. Let's go back to talking about MCU until tipoff :lol:

Been cool to have games everyday but might need to bump up the rest time between some of these games. Feel like that parts of the reason for some of these blowouts

I saw something like Boston hasn’t had 2 days off in a row since the 7th or something crazy

No wonder Tyler got that injury

SOON

super-buu-hourglass.gif

The young guys definitely admire Steph. I think he’s well respected amongst his peers. He’s been in the league for a decade plus, so most of the guys in the league at this point grew up watching him play. Players tend to follow metrics less than us, and I’d venture to guess that most see him as a tough or a cover as there is in the league, as evidenced by Pat Bev’s statement. I don’t get the sense that guys hate him like they do CP.

I'd agree with you on that. Generally, Steph is well-liked around the league, but you do have your exceptions, for obvious reasons.

The Grizzles are def. a team that has strong feelings against GS. They see GS as the team in "their way", and they have next.

Steph Curry minus Kevin Durant = NBA Championship
Steph Curry plus Kevin Durant = NBA Championship (2x)
Kevin Durant minus Steph Curry = Mr. Unreliable

The math is pretty straight forward.

AND if things remain status quo...Steph will have won AFTER KD left, in a year when KD got swept in the 1st round and LeBron didn't even make the playoffs but was projected to make the Finals.

That's other thing that has always boggled my mind. As a GM and organization your job is to bring in the best players to give you a the best chance to win a championship and that's exactly what they did. I get competition and all that any of the other 29 teams would have taken KD too if they had the opportunity :lol:

I also think it's funny some of the posters who criticize the move. Bron has stacked/attempted to stack the deck for 12 years now, man :lol: At first I hated the move but as I got older and matured, I realized life is all about doing what you can to succeed, especially from a personnel standpoint, and that's what these players and GMs are doing. No one wants to work with or lead a bunch of bums, basketball or otherwise.

I wish I could give this post 100 reps.

LeBron damn near invented the modern-day superteam. He's had an IMPRESSIVE supporting cast longer than he HASN'T had a supporting cast. We hold onto those awful teams from 03-09, and forget, he's had some AMAZING talent from 2010-2022. If memory serves me correctly, he's played with 12 top 5 draft picks throughout his career, and maybe roughly 8-9+ all-star teammates. He's even played with MVP candidates!

It's quite the double standard for LeBron to be absolved of any criticism because he had to go up against a super-team. Don't throw stones if you live in a glasshouse. That's why LeBron never talks about a lack of help recently. He's had help for 12 years now :emoji_laughing:

Last edited:
Warrior game days in here are the worst :lol:
thread is in shambles lol

what's for lunch?

Sometimes I think a couple of these cats either don't really like basketball and/or are supreme haters that refuse to review situations objectively, man. Like how are you going to come in here day in and day out to ride for one man, discredit his rivals and litigate past outcomes. Not even a team, bro :lol:

Like I rock with Steph, probably been my favorite player since Kobe, so obviously I would like to see him win but I can admit he wet the bed in the play-in last year, 2016 Finals and 2019 Finals. Like it's just professional sports and I don't know these dudes personally. It's not that deep. Incessantly caping for them so hard and making up narratives is weird :lol:

It's funny because most of the dudes rooting for actual teams, even if their teams are ***, are usually the most objective posters on pretty much all subjects, players and outcomes and will admit when they were wrong or if their teams get rocked.

Interesting, very interesting

I never knew it's against the rules to pursue free agents until today
So you've never said 'super team' negatively about anyone? Legit question, as I come in peace. If you never have, then you never have.

-foe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom