2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nuggets were down 3-0 to GS in the first round, and Denver won that Game 4.

Memphis was down 3-1 last round, and GS lost that clinching Game 5 in that 49-point blowout.

Now last night, Mavericks win Game 4 despite GS being up 3-0 in the series.
Thanks Magic

Imagine being the ones that fix those huge powerlines and the only thing they have is a tether

They can get paid big money (with experience). But is your life worth it. Grateful there’s some people out there willing to do it though

This is way crazier. Dudes were up there building skyscrapers and without any harnesses.

No idea how they did it. Risking their lives for corporations. Nope!!

I was young and didn't really rock with Wade because I was a Kobe fan (and Shaq was on that team) but I remember being so damn mad at the refereeing for the Heat and Wade during that '06 ring. Definitely wanted Dirk to get that one.

Glad he did during one of the greatest Finals runs of all-time, though :pimp:

alot of chirps recently bout heat players and covid

line also keeps moving for celtics

just rumors obv so far

The NBA has gone into overtime with this whole "We are changing the spirit of these awards" thing, and it's honestly purely to create debate and drum up interest.
  • They just gave the most improved player to a guy who won RotY... That makes no sense.
  • A 6th seed won MVP in recent history... That makes no sense.
  • Non-Playoff guys are making all NBA teams... That makes no sense.
The MVP award in particular is now a disaster, this year we had five different running narratives for why XYZ person should win.

The problem with MVP, which you know, is that there is no set criteria. And IMO, there absolutely shouldnt be. I promise there would be far less deserving MVPs, All NBA players, etc, if you had to follow guidelines. This year's MVP would be Devin Booker, and that would be a JOKE.

I still have such a huge problem with people trying to minimize Joker because he was a "6 seed." Why does that matter? He literally had 3 less wins than the other two MVP finalists. Are you really going to say that 3 wins should be the reason he isnt eligible? What if the top teams dont have an worthy MVP candidate?

And All NBA players have to be on playoff teams? Where is the logic in that one? I dont normally defend Lebron, but are you really going to say it makes no sense that he was an All NBA player when putting up the individual season he just did?

IMO, team success should have very little to do with individual awards. They can be used as tiebreakers if you will, provided its a massive difference. Like if you have two MVP candidates and one was on a 62-20 team and the other was on a 51-31 team....not a 3 win difference.

Just my two cents.

I was young and didn't really rock with Wade because I was a Kobe fan (and Shaq was on that team) but I remember being so damn mad at the refereeing for the Heat and Wade during that '06 ring. Definitely wanted Dirk to get that one.

Glad he did during one of the greatest Finals runs of all-time, though :pimp:
Saaaaaame. I actually hated Kobe back then so a small part of me was with Shaq... but I started seeing these phantom fouls on Wade that just left me staring at my TV like *Jagsfan.gif*

-foe

IMO, team success should have very little to do with individual awards.

I am 50/50 on this because technically if you are All-NBA, MVP, etc. shouldn't you be elevating and maximizing the talent around you such that your team is successful? But on the other side of the coin, the pieces just aren't there.

I think if I was voting between two guys in this scenario, I would have to take it on a case-by-case basis because it's pretty nuanced.

Edit: Team success should matter for MVP (three games is marginal so I'm fine with it) because it's defined as "the player who contributed the most to his team's success". If you're team isn't successful then you probably don't deserve the award. All-NBA, however, is "the NBA players who they performed the best that season." It doesn't mention anything about team success so technically if you perform exceptionally well on a non-playoff team,I still think you're deserving because it's all about individual play. We just saw that this year with Bron :lol: I think Beal when he averaged 36PPG would be another example. I guess that argument applies to MIP, DPOY and 6MotY too because they are about individual play.

Last edited:
Yo sometimes people say things in the present day in this thread and in my mind I am thinking "Bro...no one ever said that" because it sounds so crazy but then I dig in my pockets for receipts and sho nuff....
zo kidd 7.PNG
zo kidd 6.PNG
zo kidd 5.PNG
zo kidd 4.PNG
zo kidd 3.PNG
zo kidd 2.PNG
zo kidd 1.PNG

He has time but @dacomeup this was widely held belief

YEOOOOOOOOOOO

LOOK at all this ****!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

I am 50/50 on this because technically if you are All-NBA, MVP, etc. shouldn't you be elevating and maximizing the talent around you such that your team is successful? But on the other side of the coin, the pieces just aren't there.

I think if I was voting between two guys in this scenario, I would have to take it on a case-by-case basis because it's pretty nuanced.

I believe that team success should be a tie breaker, provided its a huge difference. For example, I cant get behind the idea that Embiid deserved MVP over Jokic because the 76ers won 3 more games than the Nuggets did. But if the 76ers had won 11 more games than the Nuggets, that is a valid thing to use to set the two apart.

I understand what you mean about maximizing talent, but isnt that exactly what Jokic did this year? Just because he didnt finish with a handful more wins shouldnt minimize what he accomplished.

The problem with MVP, which you know, is that there is no set criteria. And IMO, there absolutely shouldnt be. I promise there would be far less deserving MVPs, All NBA players, etc, if you had to follow guidelines. This year's MVP would be Devin Booker, and that would be a JOKE.

I still have such a huge problem with people trying to minimize Joker because he was a "6 seed." Why does that matter? He literally had 3 less wins than the other two MVP finalists. Are you really going to say that 3 wins should be the reason he isnt eligible? What if the top teams dont have an worthy MVP candidate?

And All NBA players have to be on playoff teams? Where is the logic in that one? I dont normally defend Lebron, but are you really going to say it makes no sense that he was an All NBA player when putting up the individual season he just did?

IMO, team success should have very little to do with individual awards. They can be used as tiebreakers if you will, provided its a massive difference. Like if you have two MVP candidates and one was on a 62-20 team and the other was on a 51-31 team....not a 3 win difference.

Just my two cents.
Very comprehensive response I appreciate it. I do disagree with the team success bit for All NBA. It should matter there, All NBA most certainly has an elevation angle attached to it for me.

Very comprehensive response I appreciate it. I do disagree with the team success bit for All NBA. It should matter there, All NBA most certainly has an elevation angle attached to it for me.

All-NBA is a much bigger deal than what most people think it is.

You're literally being compared to your contemporaries. It really is the only stable metric to use when comparing across eras.

For Embiid not to make the 1st team All-NBA was an absolute joke.

I was helping the guy who bet on them in a close-out game. We learned a while back that you don’t understand context.
Look at you man.

A new GM, new owners. New young superstar. What a Time to be alive

All I got is Russ.

Yup that's really why I have an issue with it. All this stuff affects money and its becoming very arbitrary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom