2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

It is hilarious how everything changed the last 10 years. Everyone was always crying about the Yankees and Red Sox always spending money to try to get a solid team on the field, now people start to realize these owners have billions and make it all back with ticket sales, TV deals, merch, etc...

How you gonna own a team and be cheap as hell and not wanna get fans in the seats. I hate the Mets, but why wouldn't Cohen spend the cash?? Cry baby *** owners

crying-wiping-tears-with-money.gif

The other owners are crying because one owner decided to use his resources to put a great team on the field?

Shouldn't all owners want to do that?

A few teams spent money this year why cry about it?
Exactly. If you don't want to spend the money and keep it in your pockets, then don't spend it. Then go crying when other owners are willing to put the bread up to get a contending team. How do you have all this money and be cheap? Lol

The owners of the other rich teams in baseball are still trying to turn a profit. Cohen is on another level from the rest. He doesn't need to turn a profit. That's where the difference lies and why everyone else is salty. He's tipping the scales and the others will have to cut into their profits to keep up.

It's similar to what happened in England when the Russian and Middle Eastern oil tycoons started buying soccer clubs.

Good riddance

hqdefault.jpg

O's: We got a problem, James?
McCann: No, it's okay. I know your routine. It's patter, it's for effect. But it's for them, all right? That **** ain't for me.
O's: Oh, you're special?
McCann: You're paying me twenty-four millions over two years, man, so yeah, maybe I am, a little bit.
O's: No, man. I ain't paying you twenty-four. Mets are paying eighty percent of your salary. That's what the New York Mets think of you. They're paying you nineteen million dollars to just remove you from their 40-man.

I get wanting to turn a profit but don't crap on another owner for not caring about turning a profit.

Plus spending doesn't always mean a championship.

I'm a Dodgers fan...I know. Lol

Cohen knows...

On his introductory conference via zoom during pandemic, he states team will focus on the free agency market for few years then they go with homegrown players

I mentioned he's buying time for the organization. Trying to win a World Series while revamping the organization & farm system at the same time

Cohen knows...

On his introductory conference via zoom during pandemic, he states team will focus on the free agency market for few years then they go with homegrown players

I mentioned he's buying time for the organization. Trying to win a World Series while revamping the organization & farm system at the same time

Cohen brought in his best hedge fund guys to run the Mets’ analytics department so you guys know what you’re doing in terms of roster building

It’s only a matter of time until the Mets win another World Series

Damn I was getting clowned for still rocking my Mets hat after this past season, but I told everyone no matters what I would root for the Mets I'm from Queens.

Feels good seeing them make these moves and I hope the Mets and Knicks win a championship in my lifetime, but I know big spending doesn't mean a championship.

I hopeful though :smile:

Damn I was getting clowned for still rocking my Mets hat after this past season, but I told everyone no matters what I would root for the Mets I'm from Queens.

Feels good seeing them make these moves and I hope the Mets and Knicks win a championship in my lifetime, but I know big spending doesn't mean a championship.

I hopeful though :smile:

I know the feeling

From college years to last year:
"Where are you from?"
"Brooklyn"
"You like baseball?"
"Loving it"
"Dope, the Yankees, right?"
"Nah boi. Mets baby"
"Damn I feel sorry for you bro"
"Screw you"

Yesterday at workplace & gaming chatroom
"What's good? You a Mets fan right?"
"Yeah, sup?"
"**** the Mets. They will go second place again. They will choke in the wild card again"
"LFGM! 😁"

"There's no collusion...you had partners and there's a system..." MF what?! The gig is up, so pay up, shut up, or sell if you don't want to spend...

Back
Top Bottom