21 Images of Where Children Sleep Around the World

Don't know if this has been posted, so forgive me.

Can't embed, so here's the link:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/7...world-paints-a-powerful-picture-of-inequality

The pain in some of the kids' eyes 
mean.gif

It really makes you appreciate what you've got. Social inequality is a terrible injustice many face across the world. Some may dismiss it as the consequences of bad decision making due to the parents' ignorance, but in some cases you're forced to make due n play the cards you're dealt. Stuff like this makes me realize how far I've come in the last 15-16 years n how I hope to provide a better living situation for my children, if n when I have any.

NT's thoughts?

Really good read 

Interesting to see how other people live 

Some are just 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I've lived in the Philippines for 12 years before moving to Canada, and I've seen kids sleep, eat, play, etc in dump sites, yet they had the most genuine smiles I've ever seen… I've seen kids eat garbage (literally) yet they are more content than some of the rich people I've met. I've always remembered them and thought to myself how privileged I am (and my family); therefore, I made a promise to myself to always be grateful no matter what. Great read OP 
pimp.gif

What a world we live in......

$6.50 a month is straight shocking for a 14 yr. old working 13 hrs a day.

May the lord let them find happiness in any way possible.

Powerful stuff. I was always taught education is the road out of poverty, yet there are some children who can't afford basic education.

"Somebody out there has it worse than you."

Some of those kids, I'm not so sure.

View media item 754056

This kid looks like he will grow up to be

View media item 754057

ah, typical NYC.

Jaime's parents are loaded and own a home in the Hamptons but son's room got paint fading/yellowing and the room just looks dated.

Yet I'm sure rent is like 15K a month or more.

That's the one thing I don't miss about NY, the cost of living is just absurd. A single male in the south can live like a KING, have a three bedroom contemporary apartment for 900 a month. Brand new paint, appliances, everything...

But I'm sure his Hamptons home is amazing. NYC is just a ****** place to live comfortably, great place to live otherwise.

Last edited:
"The moral of the story should be if you do your homework like Li, then your children won't live to sleep on a mattress and watch you clean windshields for a living. Sometimes it is that simple, but to some people that does not "feel" right and thus it must not be true, even though it is..."

One of the comments :smh: :smh:

14 years old and on her 3rd pregnancy 
eek.gif

is that her attempt to getting out the hood?

EDIT: I knew I wasn't the only one who thought that kid looked like the kid from "Up" 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
We truly live in a country where we ***** and moan about our first world problems without thinking twice. :smh: I'm assuredly guilty of that on many occasions but checking the link out, I still can't grasp how lucky we truly are to even have a bed, let alone the luxuries of an internet and the ******g computer I'm typing on. The same inequalities in our country can be seen in the same article but damn, some of those "struggling" kids in Kentucky don't even compare to the kids in Rio, Nepal, Cambodia, Kenya, The West Bank...and those are just the ones they mentioned on that page! :smh:

I'm overrun by guilt right now and I'm truly going to try this year more than ever and try to be better than the stupid materialist mentality I've been a slave to my entire life. Our capitalistic society is so entrenched in a vicious cycle of materialism that I'm not sure you're able to escape if living in any "developed" city. :smh: Damn...

I HATE seeing children suffer more than anything in the world. I'm desensitized to so much @#$% but this kind of stuff always gets to me :frown:

This makes me appreciate what I currently have much more tbh, like son I complain about not be able to eat breakfast but some of these kids don't even have the option to eat everyday.

Yeah, things like this always fascinate me. I can relate somewhat to the struggles some of these kids go through (I was homeless at age 9 n slept at parks n in cars, also grew up in a gang neighborhood that sometimes felt like a war zone) so I empathize with them. Things like this are very important kuz it sheds light on the stark differences between the livelihoods of children across the world. It also helps to give understanding and insight as to why some people have such a distinct view on controversial topics. It's all perspective man. Not saying I condone some of the heinous things going on in the world, but it helps to reveal why some parts of the world have such disdain for those in the developed world, the US especially. Powerful stuff in these pictures.

It's amazing sometimes he disparity of haves and have nots in the world, rio is and always will be wild it's a horrible place for a kid to grow up

14 years old and on her 3rd pregnancy :wow:
is that her attempt to getting out the hood?

EDIT: I knew I wasn't the only one who thought that kid looked like the kid from "Up" :lol:
I highly doubt that girl was trying to get pregnant. Sad to say, but most likely she was forcibly raped by older men.

The thing about these articles is they try to forecast poverty on a global scale and you just can't do that. Being stuck in poverty is being stuck in poverty, while the money level may be different the poverty experienced is the same. You can't say a poor person from kentucky has it worst then a poor person from Dafur, two very different cultures with very different levels of economical strength.

Not bashing Poverty outside the US, but I truly hate when someone wants to say the poor in the US don't have it that bad. Comes from a place of straight ignorance.

The thing about these articles is they try to forecast poverty on a global scale and you just can't do that. Being stuck in poverty is being stuck in poverty, while the money level may be different the poverty experienced is the same. You can't say a poor person from kentucky has it worst then a poor person from Dafur, two very different cultures with very different levels of economical strength.

Not bashing Poverty outside the US, but I truly hate when someone wants to say the poor in the US don't have it that bad. Comes from a place of straight ignorance.

Very true. While poverty is universally rampant, the level of poverty is relative on the local to national scale. Until you see the extremes of it to your own eyes and have lived it, how can someone possibly say "it's not that bad". People who say that have never slept on the streets or wondered where their next meal will come from and their judgments are based on false "holier than thou" pretenses. Straight ******** and ignorance.

I honestly don't think economic inequality will be ever be fixed, as much as it pains me to say. It's derived from a natural human instinct based on survival and it'll eventually breed selfishness. To think that what we pay for one meal here in the U.S. would pay for a kid's whole month worth of wages elsewhere in the world, that's just mind-boggling to me. We don't ever think about that, let alone think about what the family in the neighborhood where you just walk through, so how the hell do we expect the problem to ever be fixed?

I just hope that people start to simply be grateful for everything we enjoy so casually and take some time out of their busy lives to realize that *****ing about first world problems is useless. By doing that, maybe people will become more fiscally responsible and their focus would shift from not having to worry about getting the newest iPhone or the "hottest whip" to securing their families future. Maybe...but that's just wishful thinking. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom