22 yr old changes name and enrolls in TX high school as 16 yr old soph??

ODESSA, TEXAS — Jerry Joseph is either a promising16-year-old sophomore basketball player at Permian High School inOdessa, Texas or he's Guerdwich Montimere, a 22-year-old who threeyears ago as a senior helped lead Dillard of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., tothe Florida 5A state semifinals and was a McDonald's All Americannominee.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcementspokeswoman Leticia Zamarripa said Wednesday that officials from heragency have proof that, while Joseph is a Haitian who is in the countryillegally, he isn't Montimere.

Joseph is facing an immigration hearing, Zamarripa said.

Officialsat Permian are looking into the matter, but Montimere's former AAUcoach, Louis Vives, doesn't need an investigation to know that Josephis not just a Montimere look-alike. "The moment I saw him, I knew itwas Montimere," he said.

Vives, a coach with the SouthFlorida Elite, was in Little Rock last month for a tournament. He saidtwo of his players from Dillard first spotted the 6-5 guard they knewas Montimere playing for the New Mexico Force. Vives said the playerdenied he was Montimere when Vives spoke with him.

"It wasshocking, and the question at hand was just why," Vives said Wednesday."When I approached him, I just wanted to know what was going on. Thesurprised look on his face gave it away that it was him. ... Once hesaw a Florida team and players and coaches who knew him, the look onhis face was like, 'Wow, what am I into now?' "

DarrylBeasley, assistant athletics director of the University InterscholasticLeague in Texas, said he is waiting for the Ector County IndependentSchool District to finish its probe before deciding whether the UILwill act. Permian principal Roy Garcia and basketball coach DannyWright did not return calls.

Zamarripa, who's with the ICEoffice in El Paso, said investigators had checked an FBI database anddetermined through fingerprints that Joseph was not Montimere.

According to The Odessa American, Joseph was enrolled atPermian by Jabari Caldwell, who played with Montimere at Dillard. TheAmerican reported that, at that time, Caldwell was playing for theUniversity of Texas-Permian Basin and signed an affidavit saying Josephwas his half-brother. A message left Wednesday evening for Caldwell byUSA TODAY was not immediately returned.

However, Wright'swife, Jimmie, said Joseph called her last week and said he wasn'trelated to Caldwell, according to the American. Joseph is staying withthe Wrights.

Calls Wednesday to the home of Montimere's family in Fort Lauderdale were not answered.

PeteNorman, then coach of Highland Community College in Freeport, Ill.,said Montimere contacted him in 2007 after the player graduated fromDillard. "Montimere and a high school teammate, Edward Lonon, actuallyenrolled here in the fall of 2007 but did not stay long," Norman said."Neither participated in any games. If I remember correctly, both werevery weak academically, and I wanted to redshirt them. They did notlike that idea and left."
Looking at pictures of Joseph and Montimere, Norman said the two were the same.

http://www.clarionledger....PORTS/100506044/1263/RSS

laugh.gif
I thought this was a repost, but apparently somebody else has pulled this off. I should give this a try. I would run circles around these high school kids we're producing right now.

*Takes notes*

*Shaves*

*Goes and buys 3 different Div III schools hats and flip video camera to post my letter of intent video on youtube*

laugh.gif
if I did that now I'd be varsity and be smashin so many senior %@$!@.....

imagine tho...

going back to HS knowing what you know now....

This actually happened at my HS before. We had an African who came over and was supposedly 18. Son was like 25. Fool was built like a got damn machine and used to wreck dudes with EASE on the court. Like 6'5 220 solid. Crazy thing is we had Jonathan Hargett that year. Would have easily been the best backcourt in the country.

We knew something was up cause I'd ask him what time it was and son would be like "Uhh...18"

Zamarripa, who's with the ICE office in El Paso, said investigators had checked an FBI database and determined through fingerprints that Joseph was not Montimere.
now how did he pull that off?

Bump bball, if dude has found a way to fake fingerprints he could rake in the cash on the black market.

There was a dude Omar Easy in Everett, MA that was probably like 28 years old just trucking dudes in HS.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

There was a dude Omar Easy in Everett, MA that was probably like 28 years old just trucking dudes in HS.
Dude ended up as a tailback for PSU, so I guess it worked out well for him.

Unless you're talking about another Omar Easy....

We knew something was up cause I'd ask him what time it was and son would be like "Uhh...18"
roll.gif

But this dude was a former All-American candidate doing this?
laugh.gif

The Friday Night Lights school, too.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

roll.gif

But this dude was a former All-American candidate doing this?
laugh.gif

The Friday Night Lights school, too.

yeah homie was probably like, "that's my favorite movie, i think i want to go build their basketball program"

Back
Top Bottom