24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

It works. Basically just adds your utility bills to your credit file. Can bump your score up a good 12-20 points or more
Yeah I just did it. But is it real though?

Sucks cause I pay bills with my credit card where I can but I was able to grab two from my checking and got an 8 point raise. The variance in all three bureaus is annoying as well.

Y’all peeped the Citi
CLI glitch
U can get 4x the increases back to back to back to back
Was working earlier this week
Not sure if still working
Only do it on a computer
But u can get an increase back to back 4 times

Y’all peeped the Citi
CLI glitch
U can get 4x the increases back to back to back to back
Was working earlier this week
Not sure if still working
Only do it on a computer
But u can get an increase back to back 4 times
Sheesh

Too bad don’t have that card

Is there a time limit between when I should request credit limit increases? I have a card through Synchrony Bank that I want to request it for but I just did it like eight months ago.

Just paid off my car and went debt free and saw my score drop more than ten points at all three places. I know how it works but that will always make me laugh at how dumb it is.

I think part of it is based on your other limits. I'm at 49.5K on my discover, no idea why lol. I'm a teacher so I'm obviously not rich.
Has to be, I have 100k total among all cards and Discover won't let me get over 10k for the life of me.

i make over 100k
and my discover been at 2.4k for 5 years :lol:
i dont even use it
even had a CLD on it 2 years in

I just put random #s in all the categories they ask: salary / monthly expenses / rent.
I put in $160k salary, $5k expenses, $3k rent.

Note: Those #s are all inflated.

Lol you're lucky they didn't ask you to verify that information

Heads up to those with the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred Card, they updated the card design:

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fthepointsguy%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F05%2Fede1f860-726a-11e9-ad1f-e3d0fefdcf91.jpg

And they've added 6% back on streaming sites such as Spotify, etc and 3% back on Transit (self explanatory)

More info via https://www.forbes.com/sites/thepointsguy/2019/05/10/amex-bcp-lto/#6116c21ad853

Anyone want to add me as an authorized user? :nerd: I don’t need the card, just need more credit history >D
depends u got a card
u can add me :nerd:
like a good card???
dont add me to no credit one cc with a 500 limit
and 2 months history :lol:

oooh we charging???? :nerd:
i got more than 15 and ill undercut him
only pay me 80/card
can even throw in a netflix subscription password for u

:lol::lol::lol: $10 and we got a deal :nerd: need this credit boost to reach 750 to get the home I need >D almost there currently at 720

Back
Top Bottom