24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

2yvcgjptu6w91.jpg

Two of my homies got CreditOne credit card
Legit don't even know the line of questioning 2 start with

Not going to lie, back when I was rebuilding my credit they came in clutch, But I legit closed them out once I was able to get a big boy credit card.

Two of my homies got CreditOne credit card
Legit don't even know the line of questioning 2 start with

If they're rebuilding, let them do so for the first year and then get out before the annual fee hits again. Some companies serve a purpose and then you get out. CreditOne is one of those companies.

If you're rebuilding, just get a capital one secured card. You can upgrade to their better products down the line.

Creditone, once you close it, you lose that credit history on your report.

Yeah I started like fluid said. Credit one is horrible if you read the fine print.

It can be done.

At the time, credit history wasn't something I consciously was thinking about.
Overall it still worked out.
If I had that knowledge then, def would of been smoother.

Don't know all the details on Credit One but I know they was sending me stuff in the mail about being approved for low limits and a coworker told me he got charged his members (annual) fee soon as he activated

One of em had mad credit cards B4 and got that to help rebuild but imo better to get a good credit card in advance if Yu know Yu going under

As far as I know, it's better leaving CC open rather than closing it.. it still builds credit history and length open.

Anyway, I just got approved for a savorOne cc with capital one with a 6k limit.. : 🥳🤠
This is coming from someone with multi collections in their history.. (still there)
I also started with a $300 limit with capital one platinum card 5 months ago..
I'm currently at 650 ish fico.

I think once those collections drops off mid next year., I'll be golden, With an instant 100 point bump in fico. :pimp:

Here’s my SavorOne referral link: https://capital.one/3ic0Ono

Last edited:
Just got approved for an apple card. :pimp:
(Coming from Android user. Will be for credit building purpose and aesthetics. 😂)

What I really want is an X1 card.. .. next year

(Coming from Android user. Will be for credit building purpose and aesthetics. 😂)

That and my AMEX Gold are my main everyday users. I like the instant cashback with Apple. I rarely take it out because I use Apple Pay for everything lol

Last edited:
I wish Capital One had a national transfer partner. That Venture X card is right up my alley. I don't like the multipliers being tied to a travel portal though. I'll stay with Amex until they fix those issues.

As far as I know, it's better leaving CC open rather than closing it.. it still builds credit history and length open.

Anyway, I just got approved for a savorOne cc with capital one with a 6k limit.. : 🥳🤠
This is coming from someone with multi collections in their history.. (still there)
I also started with a $300 limit with capital one platinum card 5 months ago..
I'm currently at 650 ish fico.

I think once those collections drops off mid next year., I'll be golden, With an instant 100 point bump in fico. :pimp:

Here’s my SavorOne referral link: https://capital.one/3ic0Ono

Even if you close the card it still reports for 10 years so that positive history doesn't disappear because you closed the card. I got a few I'm going to close in the couple of months that have an AF and considered sub prime.

Nice. The 0% on apple purchases is clutch. I've bought my wife a watch and headphones doing that. I've been eyeing that Ultra joint. haha

Nice. The 0% on apple purchases is clutch. I've bought my wife a watch and headphones doing that. I've been eyeing that Ultra joint. haha
If you buy it make sure you join the group of Ultra users in the apple thread acting like a damn cult

:lol: I’m not one of them, I can’t live with the orange button. But I’m sure they’d love to have to join them

If you buy it make sure you join the group of Ultra users in the apple thread acting like a damn cult

:lol: I’m not one of them, I can’t live with the orange button. But I’m sure they’d love to have to join them
Hahaha. I just got the 8. That watch is way to much for me..

I wish Capital One had a national transfer partner. That Venture X card is right up my alley. I don't like the multipliers being tied to a travel portal though. I'll stay with Amex until they fix those issues.

Still great - did 300k+ in points this year, just gotta use em on travel

Back
Top Bottom