24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Brehs already used up his 0% balance transfer for a full year 15 months and still carrying a $4000 balance. That ain't part of the game fambs.

yup .. stuff happened .. emergency , family stuff , car breaking down etc just added up.. I didn't intend to be in a hole on purpose lol

I’m only getting started!!! I had a 527 in October

Attachments

• E19F12DC-0E43-4757-B3CB-341253EA7662.png
    E19F12DC-0E43-4757-B3CB-341253EA7662.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 19
I just keep doing balance transfers and here's where I am at.. pretty good for being in a $4000 hole right ? only thing is my 0 Apr is ending in 4 months and need another balance transfer card.. I used chase already is there any more with 0 Apr for the first year ? I just need to hold off and slowly bring that 4k debt down
Screenshot_20180308-181338.jpg

My student checking with TD is about to graduate to a standard checking account so I'll have to keep a minimum balance....but really not trying to worry about that. What banks do you all recommend that have free checking without minimums?

There categorically is not a better checking account on the market than the Schwab High Yield Investor Checking Account.

I have 1 collections I heard after 6 years it erases it self .. it's been 7 and it's still in my account/ credit karma ... guess it's a myth

still pissed that discover doesnt let you transfer balance with a cc :smh:
are you sure? I have a BT offer for discover right now. unless you mean tranferring from discover... in that case just use a bt check to your bank first then pay the card.

THOSE in the 800+ club; Do you ask for anything from your creditors? Limit raises etc? I need to take better advantage of this.

Thanks!

Pretty sure he means transferring from another discover card..but if ur 0% promo is about to end they do have decent other options

THOSE in the 800+ club; Do you ask for anything from your creditors? Limit raises etc? I need to take better advantage of this.

Thanks!

I've never done anything extra / requested anything. My last card I signed up for (CSR), they gave me a limit of $22k. Not sure how they decide on the # though, as my wife (who makes less than I do) also got the same card and her credit limit was $34k

Back
Top Bottom