24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I've been blacklisted by Chase for the 5/24.

I've gotten over 350k miles from them in the past 2 years, it was fun while it lasted.

I was going to start churning but it kills your AAoA. Free money isn't always free.

Unless you're planning to buy a car, house, or get some type of loan it shouldn't matter.

I am in the 800 club, and have played the churn game for over 4 years.

My main priority is traveling, so free flights are worth it for me even though my credit score fluctuates.

I need to either consolidate or get a card with good transfer feature....any suggestions?? I’m paying too much interest on 2 cards of mine

Been paying Lexington Law $130 a month since June to remove all this negative stuff from my credit report and surprisingly the first thing they actually did was totally remove a debt that I actually owed. $1,200 FiOS debt was deleted this morning and my score went up 40 points. Now for them to get this closed account off my report

Pm me, do they actually work?

I need to get rid of a collection on my credit report that I paid off with the orginial creditor, AT&T. Now the stupid collection agency is saying that they do not do reporting so they can’t remove it, but the name on my report says their name with their update paid in full. They don’t even own the debt since at&t brought the debt back. AT&T has horrible customer service. Arghh

Pm me, do they actually work?

I need to get rid of a collection on my credit report that I paid off with the orginial creditor, AT&T. Now the stupid collection agency is saying that they do not do reporting so they can’t remove it, but the name on my report says their name with their update paid in full. They don’t even own the debt since at&t brought the debt back. AT&T has horrible customer service. Arghh

Hit the pm dog

So this weekend I plan on driving up to an debt collector who I owe ~700 bucks on a student loan. They told me they will do a pay-to-delete and they will have the form ready by the time I get there. Is there anything I should be on the look out for?

dawg...

how come Chase freedom NEVER ups my credit limit? this is my first credit card so its good all around but I cant make big purchases like airplane tickets and stuff.

any other good card i can use to make big purchases like airplane tickets, new phones, etc.

dawg...

how come Chase freedom NEVER ups my credit limit? this is my first credit card so its good all around but I cant make big purchases like airplane tickets and stuff.

any other good card i can use to make big purchases like airplane tickets, new phones, etc.

Chase rarely gives auto CLI unless you request it. Requesting a CLI with Chase will result in a hard pull on your credit report. Chase also doesn't like to be the first lender to give larger lines of credit. If you're willing to take the hard pull and your credit profile supports the increase in credit limit, I'd go that route.

Also, applying for other cards won't give you higher credit limits. Lenders look at the limits on the cards you currently have and base their decision on that and your overall credit profile.

If you have other cards where you can request a CLI via a soft pull, do that first.

dawg...

I’ve had mine for like 2 years and just recently noticed I got an increase

Chase just raised the limit on my Freedom unlimited this week. I did just get approved for Sapphire Reserve though so I figured it had something to do with that.

Chase just raised the limit on my Freedom unlimited this week. I did just get approved for Sapphire Reserve though so I figured it had something to do with that.

what was your credit score to get approved? I'm at 760 when i checked on my chase account...I really want to get that card to get those 50k points for a trip coming up...if anything i can probably just pay off the remaining 400 dollars i owe in total in credit cards and hipefully bump it to 780 (A) in a week

dawg...

Discover IT is generous with their CLI

what was your credit score to get approved? I'm at 760 when i checked on my chase account...I really want to get that card to get those 50k points for a trip coming up...if anything i can probably just pay off the remaining 400 dollars i owe in total in credit cards and hipefully bump it to 780 (A) in a week
760 Flat

Yeah I can confirm the stinginess of Chase Freedom (no credit increases in the 3+ years I've had the card) and Discover IT gives away credit increases like candy.

Its a great card. Take advantage of the lounge access and priority pass that comes with it and the card def pays for itself.
Yea plan on getting the Global TSA Pass

How does the Lounge situation work? I read it was a perk, do I just flash it when I get there?

Is it free food in there?

Back
Top Bottom