25 and older Jordan heads

I love reading these posts.  I've already told my story back in the thread so I won't do it again, but it's just great reading all of the stories that are mirror images of mine. Had OG's as a kid, worshipped the ground that MJ walked on, moved on for a while, came back now that we're settled financially, have 'real' jobs that we can rarely wear our kicks to.

And talking about the Aqua VIII's being loud, back in the day I never knew anyone (nor saw anyone) with a pair of Grape V's. Purple and emerald was just something that no dude wore on his feet. Funny how times change.

I love reading these posts.  I've already told my story back in the thread so I won't do it again, but it's just great reading all of the stories that are mirror images of mine. Had OG's as a kid, worshipped the ground that MJ walked on, moved on for a while, came back now that we're settled financially, have 'real' jobs that we can rarely wear our kicks to.

And talking about the Aqua VIII's being loud, back in the day I never knew anyone (nor saw anyone) with a pair of Grape V's. Purple and emerald was just something that no dude wore on his feet. Funny how times change.

Funny u say that because I'm from charlotte. The very first grape 5 release was like a contribution to the charlotte hornets. And everybody knew jordan grew up in Wilmington NC so it was like he was putting on for home. Needless to say everybody had them then and till this day the city of Charlotte will flood the stores when grape 5 retro

Location location location

hats off to all the Nters/kicks addict over 40 like me and STILL love the SHOEGAME,,,my advice to the newheads,,dont stare at your shoes,wear all your kicks and enjoy them before its too late.
I hear you... It's no good looking at them there for wearing... Going to rock till I drop...:smile:

Funny u say that because I'm from charlotte. The very first grape 5 release was like a contribution to the charlotte hornets. And everybody knew jordan grew up in Wilmington NC so it was like he was putting on for home. Needless to say everybody had them then and till this day the city of Charlotte will flood the stores when grape 5 retro

Location location location
Yeah that's not surprising. I remember a friend having a Hornets Starter jacket, but just never anyone with Grapes.

I'm 30 and I was never really a Jordan collector.  I would buy maybe 1-2 pairs a year while I was in high school, and throughout part of college. I could barely afford to get them as it was, so getting more than 1 pair at a time was out of the question.  I used them to play basketball in.  After college I moved around a lot and realized all my Jordans were beat to s***.  I ended up just getting rid of them all.

I'm 34 now :frown:, and year after year I say I'm going to stop buying shoes, and it's definitely got slower, maybe only 1 pair every two months. But I think with everyone as we get older yeah we may make more money but we got bigger bills to pay now too. I don't trip when shoes sell out, but I do think "damn I remember when we had a good day or even a week before shoes sold out". Besides these days nike releases stuff every damn week it's so hard to keep up. Would I sell my shoes? I would and sometimes do, especially if I doubled up and I know the person is going to appreciate them.

I'm 38 and just got back into the sneaker game after a 7 year lay off. I stopped because of financial reasons but I never lost the love. This makes me happy and I won't stop unless I lose interest. I wear every pair I buy.

Back
Top Bottom