2k5 - All-Star Review

I have only worn them one time to play so far, for about 1 hour. So far they are great.

Weight: They are very light. As light or lighter than the 2k4.

Traction: the traction is great so far.

Cushioning: GREAT! The combination of the Nike Free and Zoom is unreal. They seem much better and a little softer than the 2k4, but not too soft!

Court feel: The court feel was much better than I even expected. The 2k5 has a wider base than the 2k4, which I love in a ball shoe. Traction was good and they did not seem bulky etc.

Breathability: Well ventilated. They have holes on the inside of the shoe for ventilation as well as the larger holes near the ankle, where the mesh was on the 2k4. I like the 2k5 in this area better than the 2k4.

Ankle support: The ankle support seems Much better than the 2k4. The lacing near the ankle is better and the wider base makes the biggest difference.

That is the info I have after one wear. Please let me know any questions you might have!

University of North Carolina CH
TEAM TARHEEL
Jackie Manuel #5

yeah I would like to know that too... do they fit true to size? If I wore a 9.5 in the 2k4 would I be the same for the 2k5?

im a newbie and ont know alot, but how does the nike free technolgy work in the 2k5?
Is THE Best Shooting Guard In The League
Lakers 2005
Lets Also Give Some Love For and Tim Duncan

I think I can help some people in this thread...

I too played in my H2k5s and I love them.

I like them better than the LBJ 2s (I don't own the VC4s or XXs). The traction is better on the H2k5s, but the ankle support is still alittle better on the LBJ 2s. If anything, the H2k5s are more comfortable than the LBJ 2s.

Nike Free + Zoom Air= Amazing.

Nike Free technology is suppose to mimick normal foot movement (bare foot), strengthining the foot and leg mucsles (from what I've read). It's kind of hard to explain, you have to try out the shoe yourself to get the full experience.

And lastly, they run true to size, unlike the H2k4s where you gotta get a half size smaller.

They do fit true to size. I have the Lebron as well I think both are great, but I like the 2k5 more. The Free/Zoom is GREAT!!
[/b]​
[/b]​
[/b]​

I dissent on the size fit. I have 12.5 H2k4s. I am a size 13 according to the foot measuring device. I bought a size 12 H2k5 and they are just the right size.

Now, I dissent from my dissent as well. I've grown to liking of wearing two pairs of socks. It gives me some added cushion and fills up any spacing gaps I may have in the shoe. With my size 12 H2k5s I cannot wear two pairs of socks.

The other problematic aspect of the shoe is the toe. The H2k5 toe is much more stiff than the H2k4. It may be something due to a change in the sole of the shoe to add traction, but the base of the shoe is certainly more stiff.

I like my H2k4s a lot more than my h2k5s. Since quantity is limited, I will try and score a size 12.5 to see if they're better than my 12s. It could just be that my 12.5 H2k4s are half size bigger than I really need and thus I don't really notice the toe stiffness.

The other problem I have is the lacing. The H2k4 has laces that tug on the sides of the shoe to bring it closer to your foot for a snug fit. The H2k5s use the side loops to keep the laces inside the shoe right over the tongue. This changes how the laces hold the shoe to your foot.

For instance, I can tie the H2k4s pretty tight without feeling the hurt on my foot. Obviously too tight is bad. On the H2k5s you can only tie them so tight before your foot hurts and the parts of the shoe, ie the lace loops, start to apply pressure to your foot. Maybe this is something that Nike Tech could work on where they try and make the laces almost seamless to the shoe. Make them so that your foot doesn't feel the laces themselves.

I'm preparing some side by side photos that should be ready in a half hour.

fyi

If you want full size photos of the ones I posted you can download this zip file.

rapidshare.de/files/68295...p.zip.html

Click on the link and follow the instructions on the page. You have to click a couple more times and wait for a timer to countdown in order to DL.

I would get the 2k5 in a 9.5. I think the size is just about the same from 2k4 to 2k5. I was just a lil surprised that I was able to squeeze into a size 12 in the 2k5s.

I have played many years on competitive ball on many levels and the 2k5 is one of the best shoes I have ever played in. I played in them todsy for the 4th time and they are amazing! I think they are head and shoulders above the 2k4. the Free//Zoom is amazing!
[/b]​
[/b]​
[/b]​

balled in my 2k5's, i bought 2 pairs, size 10.5 and 11. I tried on the 11, they're very long, the 10.5 fit perfectly. (I normally wear a 11). The traction is very good in the breaking-in period. The forefoot grooves (Free Technology) area allows you to dig in to your step more than other shoes. I usually jump off my left foot and the free technology definitely worked my right foot because its a little sore (feels like they're working them out to make it stronger). Ankle support- the out rigger is amazing, prevents rolling your foor, didn't tighten the strap too much or it would prevent you from flexing your ankle. These shoes are very lightweight and are much better than VCiii's, LBJ2s, VCiv's, H2k4's
aim: Airm45, airm45@yahoo.com
Jordan II Melo PE for sale...make offers

Check out my friend's NEW LEGIT online store: http://www.geocities.com/steeveg33
(Pretty Rare Jordans/Nikes in Various sizes!)

judging from prof k's XX review and the whole IPS... I wonder waht Free/IPS would be like....

aka nkwu

Visit JustBBall Tell them nkwu sent you.

I've never tried on the 2k4's... but a 10 in the Lebron2 is a perfect fit for me. Stick with 10 for the 2k5's?

balled in my 2k5's some more,

Image wise: there is some creasking near the toe box, makes the mesh near the fore foot look wrinkeled, but not too badly. The white sole gets dirty quickly. other than that they're in good shape, no seams breaking or midsole coming off.

Quote:
On the H2k5s you can only tie them so tight before your foot hurts and the parts of the shoe, ie the lace loops, start to apply pressure to your foot. Maybe this is something that Nike Tech could work on where they try and make the laces almost seamless to the shoe. Make them so that your foot doesn't feel the laces themselves.

^ this is very true
aim: Airm45, airm45@yahoo.com
Jordan II Melo PE for sale...make offers

Check out my friend's NEW LEGIT online store: http://www.geocities.com/steeveg33
(Pretty Rare Jordans/Nikes in Various sizes!)

How flexible are they at the forefoot?

similar to 2K4s?
very flexible as in jet flights?
stiff like xi's or foamposite pros?

I posted this is the "official/unofficial" 2K5 post as well, but here it goes:

2 days ago I broke out my new All Star to walk around in the mall and to the movies... I can definitely feel the NIKE FREE technology for the first time, it feels great because it feels so flat on my feet and the sole feels very flat on ground, wide and long toe box, every step i take i feel like the length of my whole feet, including my toes gets some use and took pressure.

Hence my feet gets tired extremely quickly, those unused foot muscle gets used after some 20+ years (I only roaming around the house bare feeted when i was a kid, when I get older I wear a slipper and since then those muscles are unused)

However in the heel counter there isn't any cushion of pad so that may be the reason why some needs to go half a size smaller, I think this is for keeping the weight down. but as a result of not much "heel shaped pads" to keep my heel in place, I felt heel slip UNLESS I tie the ankle strap tightly.

But it was a freshing experience, I wonder how much more foot fatigue I get if I was wearing the FREE 5.0

Back
Top Bottom