3 Generations of Jordan XII's (Comparison Pics)

6,667
1,695
Joined Feb 10, 2008
Just thought I would share some comparison pictures I took of my XII's. It will give you a good idea about the similarities and differences the model has had with each of it's release eras.

Enjoy










 
2,173
421
Joined Jun 8, 2006
Nice comparison pictures!

I wanna see comparison pictures of OG black/red XII, retro black/red XII, and Flu game
 
206
10
Joined Jul 1, 2009
the only real difference i can see is how much thicker the og's leather is than the other two, but other than that nice!!
 
6,667
1,695
Joined Feb 10, 2008
Yea the 12 is probably one of jb's better retro models. The OG's are cut higher than the other models but the 03 and 09 models shape is almost identical. The tongue and the laces are pretty much the main differences.
 
1,836
45
Joined Sep 17, 2008
Cool pics, thanks.
  But honestly, compared to the OGs the recent retros look like fakes.  OG leather makes the white/reds look like plastic.  Not to mention how they feel, zoom in the originals is
.  At least the shape is pretty much there on the retros.
 
1,970
11
Joined Apr 18, 2007
Thanks for the pics, my favorite model. Nice Obsidians
 I wish they would retro those
 
835
10
Joined Jan 12, 2007
thanks for the pics. don't really see any major difference in the shoes. nice obsidians though
 
6,667
1,695
Joined Feb 10, 2008
Originally Posted by larrivee7

Cool pics, thanks.
  But honestly, compared to the OGs the recent retros look like fakes.  OG leather makes the white/reds look like plastic.  Not to mention how they feel, zoom in the originals is
.  At least the shape is pretty much there on the retros.

Honestly I prefer the retro models. I think the zoom bags in my obsidians are deflated or something. I bought them ds a few years back and couldn't feel the zoom from the first time I tried them on. The 03 retro is the perfect XII to me. It is lighter, the zoom is very responsive, it is lower cut so it feels better on my feet when I walk, it is just overall comfortable. The 2009 retros come close but they started doing weird stuff with the tongue and the side panel does look somewhat plastic. The og's are very nice but a little too bulky for me. I still love them all though.
 
674
11
Joined Apr 6, 2008
Thanks for the great pics. These are one of my all time favs for balling and I agree with dtb00201, you will feel the difference when wearing them. The OGs are just way too bulky compared to the retros.
 
4,121
378
Joined Jan 30, 2009
Ogs were like tanks. The shape on all of these is great imo. The leather on the latest retros is disgusting though, I was so happy the cherry reds were coming out only to be left extremely disappointed. 03 retros were the truth though
 
11,533
303
Joined Sep 21, 2006
Dope pics man... thanks for sharing.
 Black / Red XIIs

Originally Posted by borobballman

Originally Posted by NiPxD

Nice comparison pictures!

I wanna see comparison pictures of OG black/red XII, retro black/red XII, and Flu game
yeah
Ill try to get pics soon.... Im sure by the time I get a chance to pull my XIIs out someone would had already posted them.


I LOVE THE XII
 
9,158
1,018
Joined Jan 2, 2007
Originally Posted by Wade187

Ogs were like tanks. The shape on all of these is great imo. The leather on the latest retros is disgusting though, I was so happy the cherry reds were coming out only to be left extremely disappointed. 03 retros were the truth though

here we go with the "cherry red" nicknames again...
...as far as the comparions goes, the OG's definitely looked more durable than the latest retros...one of the few OG models that you barely ever hear anyone complain about on quality...
 
3,180
12
Joined Jul 13, 2002
Originally Posted by larrivee7

Not to mention how they feel, zoom in the originals is


Interesting comment, considering that some well-established members have stated the Zoom on the circa 03 versions is more repsonsive than on the OGs.
 

D.Josey

formerly dzaster
6,195
2,362
Joined Mar 30, 2009
Clean Black/red XII's! these look like complete %*%@ when they get beat
 
Top Bottom