3 Teens kill Australian man.. Vol. Just because

A random act of violence has left a promising 22-year-old college baseball player dead, a family devastated and two countries half a world apart rattled.

Christopher Lane was gunned down in Duncan, Oklahoma, while he was out jogging last week. The motive, police say? Three teens who had nothing better to do.

"They witnessed a young man run by on the street. Chose him as the target," Police Chief Danny Ford told CNN affiliate KSWO.

When police eventually arrested the three teens -- ages 15, 16 and 17 -- one of them offered up a motive that made clear that Lane, who attended East Central University on a baseball scholarship, was chosen at random.

"He said the motive was, 'We were going to kill somebody,'" Ford told Australian radio station 3AW.

"They decided all three of them were going to kill somebody."

Police say the teens shot Lane in the back in the town of about 24,000 and sped away in their car.

"There were some people that saw him stagger across the road, go to a knelling position and collapse on the side of the road," Ford told KSWO.

Attempts to revive Lane failed.

Police caught the teens a few hours after the shooting. Thanks to security cameras from local businesses, police saw their car speeding down the street.

Nearly 10,000 miles away in Australia, Lane's family struggled to cope with the news.

"He's left his mark as we know, and you know there's not going to be any good come out of this, because it was just so senseless," Christopher's father, Peter Lane, said. "It's happened. It's wrong, and we're just trying and deal with it the best we can."

Lane's girlfriend Sarah Harper posted an emotional tribute on Facebook, saying "you will always be mine and in a very special and protected place in my heart."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/20/justice/australia-student-killed-oklahoma/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

mean.gif

Last edited:
I hope the 3 kids who did it are white just to avoid any potential racial tensions/issues that could come from this case and trial.

That said regardless of what their race is, I hope they get the most extreme possible punishment and suffer for the rest of their lives.

Smh..

Really there's nothing to be said about this.. They don't deserve to live.

:smh:

I feel sorry for the guys family. I can't even imagine what they're going through right now.

damn so Gucci Mane, Cory Gunz and Fred from Da Band wanna be killers huh? Foul man. They'll get what's coming to them, no use in allowing your heart to fill with hate to wish towards them. Life has a way of working itself out.

Def didn't expect them to be black though. Societies assumptions.

******g bums...
mean.gif

I can only imagine what the family is going through, dudes over here on a scholarship to play a sport he loves, and he can't even walk the street.

Charge them all as adults and put capital murder on the table.

True definition of senseless. Who knows what these guys are capable of if they really wanted to do something.

The audacity of these little pieces of ***** to commit senseless murder and think they wont get caught.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom