3 Teens kill Australian man.. Vol. Just because

Mideval torture should be allowed to be used on murders, rapists, and child molestors when its 100% proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they indeed committed the horrific acts they committed.

Put these 3 in a public arena and torture them and I guarantee the murder rate goes down.

Chop a child molesters junk off and I guarantee molestation cases decrease and so on.

Just the fact that they killed dude because he was bored show that their beyond reform. Why waste tax dollars feeding and housing them for the rest of their lives.

Literally my exact thoughts. Dude I wish I could dap you right now. Seriously, criminals don't give a damn because jail is like sitting in the corner. They have zero fears and no respect. The government is so adamant about humane punishments and protecting the criminal and criminal rights F*** THAT!!! LET THESE BASTARDS FRY! brb, about to make a thread about bringing back medieval torture.

Literally my exact thoughts. Dude I wish I could dap you right now. Seriously, criminals don't give a damn because jail is like sitting in the corner. They have zero fears and no respect. The government is so adamant about humane punishments and protecting the criminal and criminal rights F*** THAT!!! LET THESE BASTARDS FRY! brb, about to make a thread about bringing back medieval torture.

To me ill put it like this, if you rob a bank or steal or something like that you can possibly be reformed.

If you murder someone in cold blood. (Obviously legit self defense is a different story) you don't deserve to live on this planet no more and should be made an example of.

I feel the same way about rape and molestation. Those type of crimes are to far and anyone who commits them deserves the absolute worst.

My only thing is that it has to be proven 100% beyond a reasonable doubt the individual being punished committed the crime because no innocent or wrongfully convicted person should have to suffer.

Seriously though when are we going to bring back traditional methods of punishment? It's obvious the "rehabilitation" approach isn't really doing a great job of deterring. I understand the economy and structure of the country has a lot to do with it, but we need to take a long look at corrections in this country.

not surprised. at all.

Regardless of race and location - this generation is the most socially maladjusted, least educated, laziest group around.

For every good kid out there raised right trying to do well - there will be 3 kids who will twerk, shoot people, then go home and tweet about it and post pictures of it on instagram.

Im 25. I hate kids born in the mid to late 90s and above. Saddens me to see how weak they have become.
As someone who was born in 98,I just shake my head from some of the stuff I hear in the halls.

Why does race even matter?

A piece of ******g **** is still a piece of ******g **** no matter what colour it is

It shouldn't but this case is going to bring out the negative feelings some people have inside towards those of another race and there going to feel comfortable letting them out.

Your going to have white people who don't feel positively towards blacks to begin with use this as a platform to express and try and justify their ignorance and your going to have some black people with a mindset of "Zimmerman got off so this guy got what he deserved" and either way its a bad look and just further divides people. I'm pretty sure this case will bring out some type of racial tensions and hostileness in some people which is why I hoped the killers were white to avoid all that.

Regardless of their color they should suffer for their actions.

Seriously though when are we going to bring back traditional methods of punishment? It's obvious the "rehabilitation"   "retribution" approach isn't really doing a great job of deterring. I understand the economy and structure of the country has a lot to do with it, but we need to take a long look at corrections in this country.
Fixed.

Prisons haven't really been focused on rehabilitating dudes for decades now. 

Should murderers, rapists, and molesters even attempt to be rehabilitated in the first place.

The prison industrial complex has its flaws for those convicted of other crimes though. When a prison is ran like a business, it makes rehabilitation tough and those that exit the doors likely to re enter eventually.

Fixed.

I guess it depends what state you're in. In MA, cons get access to education (Boston University program); substance abuse counseling; sex offender counseling; technical training; maternity units; church groups; and on and on and on.

Hate crime?
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Seriously though when are we going to bring back traditional methods of punishment? It's obvious the "rehabilitation" approach isn't really doing a great job of deterring. I understand the economy and structure of the country has a lot to do with it, but we need to take a long look at corrections in this country.

Most prisons dropped the rehab aspect a long time ago....cases like this aren't the issue with ensuring people doing time, its the minor drug offenses that primarily lead to prison overcrowding and whatnot...mandatory minimums, etc. What are the traditional methods you mean though? Cuz that leads to a slippery slope real quick :lol: I'd rather not have the death penalty, even in cases like this (heinous crimes that are despicable and senseless).... bc even having one innocent person executed due to technicalities, poor public defenders, racial bias, and countless other things is unacceptable. Its not ideal in the least but having a guy serve 10 yrs and later being cleared and possibly getting a large lawsuit is infinitely better than having someone killed for a crime they didn't commit. Maybe only having it in cases when its literally undeniable, and the only defense is a plea for insanity or something but even then its really cloudy...I think having to live with the guilt and remorse is much worse than being killed in say, 10 yrs...even if it doesn't hit you until 35 yrs from now thats gotta be unbearable there's even a shred of human empathy or a soul somewhere inside of a person.

But these little *******s need to be tried as adults and locked up for a very long time, if not life

Last edited:

:x :x :x :smh: yeah that stuff is definitely not gonna fly nowadays :lol: especially given the history in this country with lynching people who look like me. Maybe I'm just different though, I don't think torture (ie waterboarding) is really effective either for intense interrogation. I bet a fair number of people who were hanged, drawn, and quartered were innocent too. Plus that is just straight up barbaric, who would sign up to do that as their job?! :lol:

Last edited:
they deserved to be amputated of both arms and legs and hope they all live well into their 90s. Life suffering > death

Fixed.

I guess it depends what state you're in. In MA, cons get access to education (Boston University program); substance abuse counseling; sex offender counseling; technical training; maternity units; church groups; and on and on and on.
Honestly, I think most states are like this--I know Alabama is.  The question is how effective are these programs?  Here, rehabilitation programs are severely underfunded because, well, they're just not a priority.  Lack of funds leads to crappy facilities, outdated curriculums and instructors who go through the motions.  And we haven't even touched on the inmates and their role in rehabilitation yet.  

The point is that most of the rehabilitation stuff is for show to say "hey, we try to help these guys".  There is always a personal accountability aspect because if someone REALLY wants to change, they're going to change regardless of the scenarios placed before them.  But a lot of inmates just aren't those types of people, hence why they're in prison in the first place and why they keep coming back.  A lot of those dudes NEED positive motivation from an outside source, not just an outdated book/manual that gets taught by someone making less than 30k a year.  

Oddly enough, this sounds a lot like the dilemmas faced by many inner-city schools.  Coincidence?  Who knows.  What I do know is that it is a very real problem in many corrections departments across the country.  

Yeah it obviously wouldn't be condoned today. I was being a little sarcastic. I definitely think more work needs to be done in the deterrence department though. Like you insinuated though, the justice system is flawed so it's no easy task.

man I read that, first thing I thought was "gang initiation".... I'm sure some of ya'll know before you can get put on to certain hoods you gotta catch a body. Then, I thought "damn... man that means they are probably black or hispanic"

:smh: Hate that I was right.

For those of you who don't get why sometimes black people say "I hope they aren't black," it's not necessarily meant to be a diss. It's just, dammit we get tired of ALWAYS being in the news over some bull. Then the upstanding AA citizens gotta walk around apologetically for the actions of people we don't even know, and will never come across. But we WILL be judged for those actions. Stuff that happens can't be signified as isolated actions--- it's got to be the WHOLE group. Now, unfortunately, due to the actions of these idiots ALL young black men will get looked at with the side eye. Stop and Frisk all seems like it's worth it, cuz you know somebody somewhere is thinking "man! if they had been frisked this crime could've been prevented! We need to expand it beyond New York!" Call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever you want but no black/brown male is safe AT ALL no more. Tensions will be extremely high. Better go to Brooks Brothers and start wearing suits from here on out cuz if you look even REMOTELY hoodish it's bout to be a wrap. Not on some killing ****, but the stares, "smh's" will increase exponentially.... not to mention random cop harassment. Glad my nephew is only 6 and isn't old enough to roam the streets alone.

Back
Top Bottom