-$30,000,000 Penthouse in the Trump Tower of Chicago... Who's about that life?

[h1]A sneak peek at the Trump Tower penthouse [/h1]
More Sharing ServicesShare|Share on twitterShare on facebookShare on diggShare on googleShare on stumbleuponShare on myspaceShare on email

Hey, Mr. Beanie Babies. Have I got a deal for you!

Just about this time last year, as the economy was racing downhill faster than an Olympic skier, the promoters of the Chicago Spire announced that Ty Warner, the reclusive founder and chief executive officer of Westmont-based toymaker Ty Inc., had signed a contract to buy the sprawling 10,000-plus-square-foot penthouse on the Spire's 141st and 142nd floors.

The asking price was $40 million, though the actual sales price was not disclosed.

The Spire remains a hole in the ground at 400 N. Lake Shore Drive, of course, but there is another nice penthouse out there: It's the one atop the almost-finished Trump International Hotel & Tower, which I got a look at recently while gathering info for my upcoming review of the 92-story skyscraper.

Here are the basics: The penthouse, now nothing more than windows, walls and raw concrete floors, occupies the entire 89th floor of the skyscraper. It has 14,260 square feet and seven bedrooms. There are 16 foot ceilings. And views, views, views in every direction. And what these pictures can only hint is the feeling of enormous space. The place feels like a private skydeck. Someone very tall--say, an NBA seven-footer, with buckets of money (are you listening, Shaq?)--should live there. 

To the south, you can see Soldier Field, which, from 89 floors up, doesn't bother me as much as it does at ground level. To the north is Wrigley Field. Throw in a telescope, and "you can watch a Cub game and a Bear game at the same time," promises T. Colm O'Callaghan, the skyscraper's managing director. (That's Colm in the foreground above; in the background is Andrew Weiss, Trump's point man on the job.)   

Oh yes, I left something out: the price.

$30 million.

And is anybody ready to buy?

There has been interest, "but we haven't made a deal," Donald Trump told me in a telephone interview.

Which means, given the lousy state of the economy, that the price is negotiable?

Yes, Trump said.

POSTSCRIPT: Several readers have asked for more pictures of the penthouse, so I am  providing them.

The picture at left, part of the original post, looks north to the Gold Coast and Lincoln Park. In that image, the 900 North Michigan Avenue building (with its four light towers, at the far right), looks minuscule. It is actually more than 870 feet tall.

Next, you see the bare interior of a portion of the penthouse, a blank canvas for an ambitious  decorator. 

In the image below that, you see the southwest view to Willis Tower, the only building in Chicago that is taller than Trump.

The final images are northward views to the John Hancock Center--the first on a sunny day, the second when the Hancock's antennas were knifing through the clouds like oversized rabbit ears.

Floor Plans...It takes up the whole 89th floor with a 360degree view of Chicago

5697008115_137992ab98_o.jpg

trump-tower-photo_1104035-770tall.JPG

Derrick Rose has a Condo in the trump on the 84th floor. My girl and I were lookin' to move in the Trump, but they want over $3k a month for a studio
sick.gif
laugh.gif
...We aint about that Life...YET
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

$30M is estate-with-gates money.  No thanks.

If you spend 30M on that, it's not your only residence.  Probably already have the estate-with-gates as well. 

Patrick Kane is Rose's neighbor...read that Kane has a 100k sound system in his crib
laugh.gif

the views are nice i love chicago but the price is just too much, not a matter a what i dont have either. 
must be nice though 
pimp.gif

shoutout to Rose 
pimp.gif

With penthouses you're paying for location, views, exclusivity, Amenities offered by the building, and the fact that you can say "I live on the 89th floor of the Trump".....Not to mention your smack-dab in the middle of one of the Nicest/biggest cities in the US...

This joint is like living in a 14,260sqft 5 star hotel room... It comes with a cleaning lady and everything. 

Originally Posted by buggz05

I wonder how much it would cost to furnish/decorate?

This article is like 3-years-old so it's probably furnished for potential buyer views by now... I Think its still on the market.

They have fully furnished Pics of the smaller Trump penthouses on the internet... but not the 89th floor $30mil one

EDIT: I read that its a "blank canvas" for the buyer to do as he/she pleases with the unit... so its $30mill+whatver it costs to furnish it...

Originally Posted by INS

Does one really need a place that big?
Think about it this way, if you got a house anywhere near that price range it would be bigger.
When you're "about that life" as they say, you don't need a place that big but you get it anyway. 

Just imagine having this AND a crib though 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Not worth it IMO.

I'd rather buy a 15 mil condo on the water in downtown NYC and a 7 Mil estate in PA/NoVa/Ct/NJ or some surrounding territory.

People with money have it for a reason.

A place that nice that hasn't been scooped up before it hits the market cause its obviously priced too high.

The view + The Space is nice of course, but the amount of luxurious properties in various locations you can buy with 30 Mill is more appealing than spending it all on that one condo.
Id rather have 3 or 4 furnished mansions/condos placed in different locations that can have equally, if not more beautiful views and space than throw it all on that one unfurnished condo. Gonna take you quite a few more racks to fill it up as well.

Of course, like someone said earlier...who ever buys this obviously has the kind of money where this wont be his only home.

But thats just me.

Not that I'm ever going to be about that life anyways though... 
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

The view + The Space is nice of course, but the amount of luxurious properties in various locations you can buy with 30 Mill is more appealing than spending it all on that one condo.
Id rather have 3 or 4 furnished mansions/condos placed in different locations that can have equally, if not more beautiful views and space than throw it all on that one unfurnished condo. Gonna take you quite a few more racks to fill it up as well.

Of course, like someone said earlier...who ever buys this obviously has the kind of money where this wont be his only home.

But thats just me.

Not that I'm ever going to be about that life anyways though... 
frown.gif
embarassed.gif

Unless you're talking about hooping, Change your SN...
laugh.gif

J/P... I get your point

Back
Top Bottom