30 for 30: The Greatest Mixtape Ever

I caught this last week, and it took me straight back to middle school. The nostalgia was real on this one.
Wonder what their beef was with The Professor though, he got absolutely ZERO love regarding the And1 tour when it exploded.
If you ask me, he might have been the biggest star to come outta all that, aside from Rafer himself.
Loved the insight they received from those involved, just wish it could've been longer. There is so much more to the story.

I liked how the nba players finally said that those guys couldn’t play in the league because of their lack of discipline. Finally someone said it like it is. Yea some of dudes like black widow were really talented but most were headcases and just not motivated the way a NBA player needs to be.

I liked how the nba players finally said that those guys couldn’t play in the league because of their lack of discipline. Finally someone said it like it is. Yea some of dudes like black widow were really talented but most were headcases and just not motivated the way a NBA player needs to be.
man them ****** was scared to play ME 1 on 1, granite it was Hot Sauce and White Chocolate (alimoe did play me a light 1 on 1 one day), but they were just randomly picking much smaller players out of the crowd and playing them to like 3 and cheating to win. White Chocolate was super zooted too when I saw him after the night game trying to go to the front to collect his money. Literally looked like he was going to fall down, he might do more than just the weed.

I WAS AT THE AND1 MIXTAPE TOUR HERE IN PHONEIX AZ BACK IN 2005. I REMEMBER THEM PICKING A BUNCH OF SCRUBS FROM THE CROWD TO PLAY THEM DURING THE OPEN RUNS, BEFORE THE ARENA DOORS OPENED. THEY ALSO HAD A DUNK CONTEST OUTSIDE AS WELL, AND ONE OF THE LOCAL AS STREETBALL LEGENDS HERE IN AZ "HAWK" COMPLETELY KILLED IT. HE WAS THE ONLY LEGIT HOOPER THEY SELECTED TO PLAY IN THE MAIN GAME INSIDE.

This was really good.

I forgot how popular these cats were.
Never knew michael jackson invited hot sauce to neverland ranch lol

One thing about the professor is that I believe out of everybody he has the biggest career in this social media era. consistent millions of views on every video with 6.6 million followers total and that’s just on youtube. Much respect.

^^ I BELIEVE IT. IF YOU NEVER FOLLOWED AND1 IN THE EARLY 2000'S, YOU WOULD THINK THE PROFESSOR WAS THE CATALYIS BEHIND THE WHOLE CRAZE.

He be spamming the "man in spiderman costume balls on bystanders at the beach videos. Joker costume, santa costume, penguin costume, etc.

He was with And 1 near the end, but I still remember Springs. I've seen nothing like it. Dude literally walked in the gym fully dressed, and this was in the 2000s so sagging falling off the butt jeans, hella cheaps, hoodie, 4 size too big t, and air force 1s after smoking the weeds in the van and was like, "ball!" and proceeded no warm up to do several between the legs dunks, near free throw, between the legs over the head backwards with 2 hands, near free throw, then just sat down.

I played in an exhibition game against them and got called for a travel :lol: It wasn't even a travel, but for the ref to call it in that type of game in that type of context was extra egregious. I had gotten an O board about 15 feet extended or so near the baseline,, facing away from the basket, had a dude on our team named SIXNINE because he was 6'9, who was wide open because Swole was pushing me in the back so I'm head motioning for SIXNINE to cut so I can throw a lob over my head or at least a bounce pass, Swole just flat pushed me after a few seconds so I put the ball down and reverse pivoted into a face up and the ref called travel. Everything about the call was hilarious to me at the time.

Springs was that dude in the 2000s here. We used to go up to joe dumars and his squad would stay on the middle court for like 4 hrs running ever other 5 off. Cool dude too, mal a hooo legend around these parts.

I enjoyed it, felt it could have had an extra 30 minutes. Confused on not seeing Professor either

Yup the Professor omission, not getting much into the tour (it was on ESPN so they obviously have lots of footage that could have been used) or much about the demise of And1 as a whole was disappointing. Felt like this should have been either 30 mins longer or two parts.

I’d pay if And1 put together all their mixtapes into a DVD set release. Have them right beside the registers of shoe stores. While they’re at it....retro the ToeChillin, Tai Chi, Marbury 1, 2 and 3s.

I remember them days me and the squad used to do runs at St. Cecelia as well. I was in the trenches in those days I’m just glad I made it out of the city.

He be spamming the "man in spiderman costume balls on bystanders at the beach videos. Joker costume, santa costume, penguin costume, etc.

He was with And 1 near the end, but I still remember Springs. I've seen nothing like it. Dude literally walked in the gym fully dressed, and this was in the 2000s so sagging falling off the butt jeans, hella cheaps, hoodie, 4 size too big t, and air force 1s after smoking the weeds in the van and was like, "ball!" and proceeded no warm up to do several between the legs dunks, near free throw, between the legs over the head backwards with 2 hands, near free throw, then just sat down.

I played in an exhibition game against them and got called for a travel :lol: It wasn't even a travel, but for the ref to call it in that type of game in that type of context was extra egregious. I had gotten an O board about 15 feet extended or so near the baseline,, facing away from the basket, had a dude on our team named SIXNINE because he was 6'9, who was wide open because Swole was pushing me in the back so I'm head motioning for SIXNINE to cut so I can throw a lob over my head or at least a bounce pass, Swole just flat pushed me after a few seconds so I put the ball down and reverse pivoted into a face up and the ref called travel. Everything about the call was hilarious to me at the time.
is the SPRINGS you're referring too the same cat that was on some other basketball trick show, the one with the trampolines and ****??
JUMPball or SLAMball, something like that it was called???

is the SPRINGS you're referring too the same cat that was on some other basketball trick show, the one with the trampolines and ****??
JUMPball or SLAMball, something like that it was called???
Not slamball definitely, he was on that espn dunk contest show where they had them jumping over broomsticks and seeing who could do the highest. Iirc is from Detroit and real name is Jamal

Not slamball definitely, he was on that espn dunk contest show where they had them jumping over broomsticks and seeing who could do the highest. Iirc is from Detroit and real name is Jamal
He was also on some MTV bball show where guys would play a 5 on 5 then losers would play one on one and that loser was off the show. Totally forgot about it until now. Think it was only on one season and I only caught handful of the eps.

He was also on some MTV bball show where guys would play a 5 on 5 then losers would play one on one and that loser was off the show. Totally forgot about it until now. Think it was only on one season and I only caught handful of the eps.
and they alll lived together in New York, and there was one girl, I remember now

There was this hooper that used to come to my rec center, lot of the neighborhood kids knew him from that show. He was a solid hooper, but I remember him being an older cat who was still able to jump out the gym

Back
Top Bottom