37, 20, 10: David Lee

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

The Warriors are #1 in the league when it comes to inflated stats. The Knicks are #2. That's what happens when these two teams meet. I know that both teams have a lot of fans on this forum who will be angry, but sorry, it's the truth.

You say that their stats are inflated. The suns play the same style are Nash's stats INFLATED? Amere stats INFLATED???
Nash's numbers are inflated. Look at his numbers with Dallas and Phoenix. Not much of a difference, but there is inflation.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

SMH at the warriors

Jennings - 55pts
Rodrigue Beabois - 40pts
David Lee- 37pts 20rebs 10ast

am i missing anything??

z-bo had 33pts and 18rebs

i wonder how many players eyes light up when they see the knicks and warriors on the schedule.
laugh.gif

Can we all agree that it's Don Nelson's fault? Warriors are a bad defensive team because of him. Sure, he may not have the right players, but it's his fault. Pietrus is a good defender, he left because of Nellie. Matt Barnes is a good defender, he was ran out by Nellie. Jackson is a good defender, he left because Nellie ran out all his teammates. Warriors play fast and can't defend anybody, so every couple of games a mediocre player (not saying David Lee is that, he's a real good player) has an amazing game. I'm not mad at David Lee, he was just taking advantage of the situation, but these threads need to stop. There would be a thread every other game about a different player putting up career stats against the Warriors.

Last year:
166xf6v.png

5n7lm8.png

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Like 37, 20 and 10 is some ho-hum feat. That's impressive anywhere, and the Warriors even have a few NBA players on their team.

Hold up a sec.....Dap, you tellin me Lee damn near did the EXACT same game last year too?? 
eek.gif
eek.gif

37, 21, and 8???  Am I readin that right? 

That is crazy. 

In my opinion, Gallinari's 29-8-8 was more impressive than Lee's 37-20-10 because the Knicks outscored the Warriors by 7 points during the time Danilo Gallinari was on the floor and lost by 5 points when Lee was on the floor. But no performance is truly impressive when you lose to the team with the 3rd worst record in the league and was without their best player.

Anthony Morrow's 35 pts on 16-23 shooting (mostly from the outside) was probably the most impressive performance in that game. David Lee got most of his points in the paint. Ronny Turiaf was more concerned with cheating to the weak side to pick up cheap blocks and Anthony Tolliver is not exactly Mr. Defense. Lee didn't set people up with his assists, they were basically due to Danilo Gallinari, Bill Walker, and Chris Duhon combining to shoot 12-21 from 3pt range. 20 rebounds is nice, but the Knicks only outrebounded the Warriors 48-47.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

In my opinion, Gallinari's 29-8-8 was more impressive than Lee's 37-20-10 because the Knicks outscored the Warriors by 7 points during the time Danilo Gallinari was on the floor and lost by 5 points when Lee was on the floor. But no performance is truly impressive when you lose to the team with the 3rd worst record in the league and was without their best player.

Anthony Morrow's 35 pts on 16-23 shooting (mostly from the outside) was probably the most impressive performance in that game. David Lee got most of his points in the paint. Ronny Turiaf was more concerned with cheating to the weak side to pick up cheap blocks and Anthony Tolliver is not exactly Mr. Defense. Lee didn't set people up with his assists, they were basically due to Danilo Gallinari, Bill Walker, and Chris Duhon combining to shoot 12-21 from 3pt range. 20 rebounds is nice, but the Knicks only outrebounded the Warriors 48-47.

Originally Posted by daprescription

How is that not an assist? Gallinari only took 1 dribble and spun, that is an assist ANYWHERE.

So many salty fans

Also to dude who discrediting Lee's stats, since the Warriors defense is so soft tell me why Lee was the only one who was able to put up numbers like that

I cant believe the hate David Lee gets on here...
I'm not a Knick fan but i respect his hustle and his consistency every night

And everyone plays the weak !+$ Warriors... but everyone doesn't put up a monster game like D. Lee

eeibaby- Salty fans? Ya david lee had a monster game but it wasn't enough for him team to beat a d-League team. No salt my friend. Imo Morrows performance was better. He couldn't miss and he's shoots were fade aways and 3s.

I can use the same argument, against a bad defensive team. Yeah he shot impressive but games like those happen every time, not too long ago Rodrigue Beaubois shot 15-22, 9-11 from downtown and he's a rookie.  Something Lee did last night hasn't happened since 1976.

Now I'm not directing this to everyone but majority of people who discredit Lee are Warriors fan

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

Doing everything in your power to downplay the statline, yet you failed miserably with your nonsense reasoning. Of course his 10 assists were due to his teammates scoring the basketball after he passed it to them. No explanation necessary. Would you have respected the 37 points more if he took some 3s? Eff outta here.
smh.gif

Wow, the David Lee hate is strong here....All he does is get buckets and rebounds, can't hate the hustle

Hes a damn "center". where the hell do you expect him to get his points? the 3 point line?

and Lee's midrange game is money.

and how explain to me how that was an assist...a pump fake, dribble, and a spin move. you call that a damn assist?

Originally Posted by BangDak

Hes a damn "center". where the hell do you expect him to get his points? the 3 point line?

and Lee's midrange game is money.

and how explain to me how that was an assist...a pump fake, dribble, and a spin move. you call that a damn assist?
Good numbers are in their best interest.

There was an article posted on NT a while ago written by a score keeper in the NBA.  He said he was constantly told to inflate numbers, regardless of teams, because it increases ratings.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

I can use the same argument, against a bad defensive team. Yeah he shot impressive but games like those happen every time, not too long ago Rodrigue Beaubois shot 15-22, 9-11 from downtown and he's a rookie.  Something Lee did last night hasn't happened since 1976.

Now I'm not directing this to everyone but majority of people who discredit Lee are Warriors fan
cuz we know how crappy our defense is; anyone can light us up on any given day. i'm not saying david lee's performance wasn't impressive cuz it definitely was, but we come to expect other players to have monster performances like that because our D sucks *#%. like jennings dropping 55, that random mavs rookie, stuff like that

Back
Top Bottom