4 shot in NE D.C., Police led on chase...and finished right near my house!!

I was in my room and kept getting annoyed from a helicopter that was above my house then i watched the news and was like wth thats the street near myhouse!
eek.gif

vid in link

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/dc/051909_ne_dc_shootings
[h1]4 Shot in NE D.C.,
Police Led on Chase[/h1][h2]Police Involved in Chase to Prince
George's Co.[/h2]
Updated: Tuesday, 19 May 2009, 6:37 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 19 May 2009, 5:29 PM EDT
  • By MYFOXDC STAFF/myfoxdc
WASHINGTON, D.C. - D.C. Police are at the scene of a shooting in Northeast Washington that left four people injured on Tuesday

t happened at North Capitol and R Streets NE around 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, police say. Officers were involved in a chase with one vehicle that went from D.C. to Prince George's County, then back to D.C. and into Prince George's County a second time.

Officials say two officers were involved in a crash in Prince George's County, and it's not known if they were hurt. Three suspects were taken into custody on Riggs Road near Prince George's Plaza.

Police Chief Cathy Lanier told FOX 5's Bob Barnard that the injured include three men and one woman. She says one of those victims has serious injuries, and the other three suffered non-life threatening injuries.

Chief Lanier also said while there's no confirmation of what led to the shooting, she believes it's possible that it was gang-related. She says a brown Dodge van was the vehicle that led police on the chase to Prince George's County, and it has been confirmed stolen.

Anyone who may have seen the van in the area near Florida and North Capitol Street prior to the shootings is asked to call police.

Investigators have shut down a few blocks around the scene in Northeast D.C. while the investigation is underway, and that could cause delays for drivers. Authorities say the 1500 to 1800 blocks of North Capitol Street NW will be closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic in both directions until further notice. Northbound Lincoln Road NW will stay open and southbound traffic on North Capitol Street will be diverted westbound on S Street NW.

first thought... Tri Tri Tri

but hey, i'm not too familiar with the hoods of north capitol

Back
Top Bottom