47 Ronin (Film) - Starring: Keanu Reeves, Rinko Kikuchi, Hiroyuki Sanada - In Theaters 12/25/13

Bend_The_Knee

formerly gotholesinmysocks
Synopsis:

From ancient Japan's most enduring tale, the epic 3D fantasy-adventure 47 Ronin is born. Keanu Reeves leads the cast as Kai, an outcast who joins Oishi (Hiroyuki Sanada), the leader of the 47 Ronin. Together they seek vengeance upon the treacherous overlord who killed their master and banished their kind. To restore honor to their homeland, the warriors embark upon a quest that challenges them with a series of trials that would destroy ordinary warriors.

New Posters

URL]

URL]

URL]

URL]

They put zombie tattoo face in the movie? Hope Keanu decapitates him with a samurai sword.

Synopsis:

From ancient Japan's most enduring tale, the epic 3D fantasy-adventure 47 Ronin is born. Keanu Reeves leads the cast as Kai, an outcast who joins Oishi (Hiroyuki Sanada), the leader of the 47 Ronin. Together they seek vengeance upon the treacherous overlord who killed their master and banished their kind. To restore honor to their homeland, the warriors embark upon a quest that challenges them with a series of trials that would destroy ordinary warriors.

:lol: was there no bankable Asian star? I believe he's half Asian but seriously....there wasn't a top quality more Japanese looking actor for this?

:pimp: The posters alone have me hyped for this.

*waits for someone to say what i'm thinking in my head*

EDIT: :lol: My man eiddyfouw said it.

Last edited:
The 47 Ronin tale is very near & dear to me. If Keanu eff's this up, I will promise to smack the ish out of him in person if I ever see him...

You can probably count on one hand the number of Asian actors who could be used in a starring role in Hollywood.

Ken Watanabe is too old for the role. John cho doesn't seem right for the movie. Only other people I can think of are Rick Tune, Han from F&F, Rain who was in Ninja Assassin and Daniel Henney.

You can probably count on one hand the number of Asian actors who could be used in a starring role in Hollywood.

Ken Watanabe is too old for the role. John cho doesn't seem right for the movie. Only other people I can think of are Rick Tune, Han from F&F, Rain who was in Ninja Assassin and Daniel Henney.
Russell Wong? Donnie Yen? Jay Chou? Jackie or Jet?

Last edited:
how about Japanese actors...? Not just Asian actors/actresses or white actors?
**** is wack.

The story sounds intriguing but na.

Ken Watanabe is too old for the role. John cho doesn't seem right for the movie. Only other people I can think of are Rick Tune, Han from F

Russell, Jackie, and jet are looking old nowadays. Not sure how old the character is supposed to be. Donnie Yen would be good but seems like he only works in Hong Kong now. I don't even remember who Jay Chou is.

Ken Watanabe is too old for the role. John cho doesn't seem right for the movie. Only other people I can think of are Rick Tune, Han from F

Russell, Jackie, and jet are looking old nowadays. Not sure how old the character is supposed to be. Donnie Yen would be good but seems like he only works in Hong Kong now. I don't even remember who Jay Chou is.

He was in Initial D.

Rain woulda been good for the role I think.

If they were looking for a young lead, the producers could've used Louis Ozawa Changchien. He played in Predators & also in Bourne Legacy. American-born Japanese who speaks fluent japanese.I'd like to see him in more movies. Then you have the likes of Koichi Sato & Yuya Yagira who will be in the Japanese Samurai remake of Clint Eastwood's The Unforgiven (starring Ken Watanabe trailer in spoiler mode below).

I get that Hollywood needs a Gaijin as the star lead, but this film's most likely going to have a small cultish audience anyway, why not do it right? You don't need to use whatever Asian actors to cast this film either. There are plenty of great Japanese actors to use to tell a uniquely Japanese legend.

Sorry for the dark vid, best I could find on youtube...

Last edited:
Donnie yen needs to do another ip man movie

I'm sorry if I'm derailing the thread OP. I don't mean too. You should just change this into the Asian film thread. :D

If you liked IP Man, there's another movie coming out telling his story called The Grand Master directed by Wong Kar-wai who does amazing & diverse work... Should be coming out within the next few weeks. Might even be available for rental on iTunes or VOD.

International trailer with English subtitles.

US trailer

Last edited:

Lee Byung-hun (Storm Shadow & RED2) is a good fit.

Tony Jaa? Protector 2 is comign out this year iirc.

Marc Dacascos, Iron Chef America chairman, dude is old but still looks young for his age. Dude was in Double Dragon for gods sake! :lol:

Lee Byung-hun was talking straight english in GI Joe iirc, way better than Jackie or Li ever did.

I can't take the iron chef guy seriously. He does backflips and then runs to the table to reveal the secret ingredient is celery.

Jesus... The trailer just hit iTunes & it looks horrid. They took the legend & made it into some fantasy film. The special effects look week. Christ almighty, what did they do!?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom