4th Teenager who attacked black folk after Obama victory pleads guilty. 12 years likely.

[h1]Another guilty plea in Staten Island Election Night rampage[/h1] [h3]by Staten Island Advance[/h3]
[h3]Monday February 02, 2009, 1:57 PM[/h3]

large_nicoletti.jpeg

Advance file photoRalph Nicoletti, 18, of Fort Wadsworth, leaves Stapleton Criminal Court after his arraignment in November.

A teen from Staten Island's Fort Wadsworth community today became the fourth suspect to plead guilty in connection with an Election night rampage that targeted black people on the North Shore.

"I was angry. I was drunk," said Ralph Nicoletti, 18, today in Brooklyn Federal Court, while admitting assaulting three individuals who he believed to be African American in retaliation to President Obama's historic election on Nov. 4.

Under the plea agreement, Nicoletti will serve 12 years in prison and five years of supervised release, though the final determination on his sentence will be made by District Judge Carol B. Amon on March 23.
http://
If she rules Nicoletti should face more time, he will be given the opportunity to withdraw his plea.

Bryan Garaventa, 18, of Rosebank; Brian Carranza, 21, of Port Richmond; and Michael Contreras, 18, of Fort Wadsworth have already reached plea agreements with prosecutors. Each pleaded guilty to a federal charge of conspiracy to interfere with voting rights. Nicoletti also was indicted on the same charge.

Carranza, Garaventa and Nicoletti are white; Contreras is Hispanic. Authorities allege the defendants, members of the so-called "Rosebank Krew," kicked off their spree in Stapleton by beating Alie Kamara, a 17-year-old Liberian immigrant, with a metal pipe and collapsible police baton. The teen, who was walking from a friend's house after watching the election results on TV, managed to escape and run home.

The defendants then drove to Port Richmond, where, authorities said, they pushed a black man to the ground and shouted at a Latino man.

Before leaving the area, the defendants allegedly drove their car over a white man they mistook for black. Ronald Forte, 38, was in a coma for 45 days but survived, albeit with brain damage.

Nicoletti today said he was driving the car and first intended to move close enough to Forte for one of his passengers to strike him with a pipe. Nicoletti said he changed his mind the last minute and decided to run down Forte on his own.

"It was not my intent to kill him, it was my intent to injure him," Nicoletti said.

Besides the federal count, Garaventa and Nicoletti face state charges.

and how you gonna try to run down someone in your car and expect to only "injure him," and not kill him?? please.

smh.gif
smh.gif
at these people.

Before leaving the area, the defendants allegedly drove their car over a white man they mistook for black. Ronald Forte, 38, was in a coma for 45 days but survived, albeit with brain damage.

smh.gif
Have fun w. that lawsuit, chump....I hope the dude who got hit by the car takes every penny from that family

"It was not my intent to kill him, it was my intent to injure him," Nicoletti said.

Ahh....that makes it OK then.

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

yo, dead #@%, these cats all deserve death...

like, no trial, no sentencing, no pleas, none of that...

line em up, blindfold em, and let the punishment strike them...

idiots.

dude he ran over has brain damage....

word.... I wish they would put in and my boys in a room with these dudes.....

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Good.

******s.

I hope they get raped every night.
yeah, that would actually be poetic. they'd go from attacking people with metal pipes to getting attacked with a different kind of"pipe" while locked up.

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

idiots.

2 wrongs don't make a right

Got what he deserved. But, he'll be 30 when he come's out and probably be a real threat to society then.

its funny how things work out, they do all these hate crimes and now this guys is going is probably going to be dating a black guy for the next 12 years.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

idiots.

yeah, but they made a man brain dead for the rest of his life...

for no reason whatsoever...

at least, in murdering all of them, there would be reason behind it...

why clog up the penal system with these 4 degenerate losers for 12-15 years?

why even allow our society to be polluted by idiots like this?

they beat people with pipes and ran down a man....

these morons aren't even smart enough to tell black from white...

i honestly think they don't deserve to live....literally.

que eff tee
smokin.gif

idiots.

as much as what they did makes me sick I really don't see your logic here. all I see is a continuation of the hate that you are so upsetabout. but I guess that is why this country is still not past its racial tensions
but really what they did is disgusting. sometimes I am ashamed to be a human being

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

idiots.

as much as what they did makes me sick I really don't see your logic here. all I see is a continuation of the hate that you are so upset about. but I guess that is why this country is still not past its racial tensions
but really what they did is disgusting. sometimes I am ashamed to be a human being
i see what you are saying, but what is your opinion of the death penalty for certain crimes? for instance, what if this kid was convicted oflynching a black teenager following the election night results, and was sentenced to death? obviously lynching and gang assault are two different things, buti'm just looking at this strictly from a "punishment a" v. "punishment b" vantage point.

not attempting to argue either way -- just curious to see your stance on this issue.

Back
Top Bottom