The $5 billion yacht with a golden touch
[/h2]
By Ben Coxworth

12:57 July 26, 2011

comments.png
7 Comments

image_modernist.png
4 Pictures

The $5 billion History Supreme yacht is made partly from gold and platinum (Photo: Stuart Hughes)
Image Gallery (4 images)

Gold Confiscation Risk - Goldline.com/Confiscation
Learn why the US confiscated gold in 1933 & how to protect yourself
Ads by Google

If you wanted to buy a Strand Craft 122luxury yacht with the included matching custom supercar, you would belooking at spending US$25 million - more money than the vast majorityof the world's population will ever possess in their lifetimes. Thatamount is chump change, however, compared to what an anonymous "leadingMalaysian business man" is shelling out for the one-of-a-kind HistorySupreme yacht. Literally "decked out" in gold, platinum and otherprecious materials, the vessel is reportedly worth GBP 3 billion, orabout US$5 billion.
The 30-meter (100-foot) yacht took three years to complete, andcontains about 100,000 kilograms (220,462 lbs) of solid gold andplatinum. Much of that metal went into features such as the deck(wouldn't it get slippery?), dining area, railings and anchor. Even theexterior of the hull is covered in a thin coating of gold.

The master bedroom features platinum accents, and a wall feature made from meteoric rock and fossilized Tyrannosaurus rex bone.

Liverpool's Stuart Hughes was commissioned to create the History Supreme. Hughes heads up a company called Goldstriker, with which some Gizmag readers may already be familiar. In the past, it has produced gold- and platinum-coated iPhones, platinum and diamond-encrusted Nokia mobile phones, and a gold Wii console.
Birdman who?

birdman2.jpg

i could find so many better things to do with 5 bill than waste it all on a yacht

where my Somalia pirates at?!... i guess that thing is faster than any pirate ship out there. well just dont get caught slippin.

I'm usually all in for these moronic billion dollar spendings but this is one that is not worth it.

What a waste of gold and platinum. Doesnt even have a missile defense system like that other dudes.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

The master bedroom features platinum accents, and a wall feature made from meteoric rock and fossilized Tyrannosaurus rex bone.

Sounds like a Chappelle skit...
I still can't get over that statement...but remembering the lost episodes nearly had me in tears...dude probably munching on dino eggs for breakfast too

Back
Top Bottom