#5 USC at #10 Oregon - 5:00pm PDT - ABC/ESPN2 - The Autzen Reaper

every year?

but when USC & Texas were winning Nat'l Titles, zero complaints.
ehhh people pick and choose their causes but when things go their way, nary a complaint is launched

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

If you are claiming that Oregon can hang with Florida/Texas/Bama what about BSU

All BSU has done this year is win every game its played and beat Oregon. Scratch that, DOMINATED oregon
Of course you can win every game when your schedule looks like this:

[table][tr][td]9/12[/td] [td]Miami (OH)[/td] [td]2-0 (0-0)[/td] [td]W 48-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9/18[/td] [td]@ Fresno State[/td] [td]3-0 (1-0)[/td] [td]W 51-34[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9/26[/td] [td]@ Bowling Green[/td] [td]4-0 (1-0)[/td] [td]W 49-14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/03[/td] [td]UC Davis[/td] [td]5-0 (1-0)[/td] [td]W 34-16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/14[/td] [td]@ Tulsa[/td] [td]6-0 (1-0)[/td] [td]W 28-21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/24[/td] [td]@ Hawaii[/td] [td]7-0 (2-0)[/td] [td]W 54-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/31[/td] [td]San Jose State[/td] [td]8-0 (3-0)[/td] [td]W 45-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11/06[/td] [td]@ Louisiana Tech[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8:00 PM[/td] [/tr][/table]
Teams like Utah, TCU, BYU and Boise State need to step up their OOC scheduling. They are already climbing uphill by playing in a "weaker" conference.

There is no excuse for scheduling Miami of Ohio, Bowling Green, UC Davis (D1-AA), Tulsa.
Have you seen Cincinnati's out of conference schedule? How is scheduling Southeast Missouri State any better?

The Big East as a conference is better overall than the WAC.
There's nothing Boise State can do about its conference at this point. But beating Oregon is far more impressive than anything Cincinnati hasdone.

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

isnt it odd that as soon as a team beats USC, that team can now "beat any team in the country" but other teams lose and its "
laugh.gif
exposed "

You know why Gunna. Every year for the past 4 seasons it's always the same thing SC loses to a mediocre/bad team in conference play and run win the rest of their games and it's always "well SC is playing some of the best ball in the country of anyone and should be playing for the nat'l champ." Well this year, they did that again, but got blasted by another good team and so subsequently in the transitive property of SC always supposedly being great, the team that takes them down is put on a pedestal.

Now I think Oregon is a really good team, but they aren't beating UF, Bama, or Texas.

Oh and USC was definitely "EXPOSED"
"Exposed" of what? Having a terrible defense. If you watched the last two games (ND and Oregon State) you would know that are defense was playing a tight rope act.

Oregon is impressive all around, and I don't see anything that Bama, Florida and Texas has done that makes someone go
eek.gif
. Bama's win over VTech is not looking as great as it did two weeks ago, but to their credit they did travel out of the confines of Tuscaloosa. Will we ever see how good Florida is? They never seem to play anybody good, their only decent opponent this season was LSU on the road. Other than that Florida's schedule is riddled by terrible opponents, their OOC is
sick.gif
. The same can be said with Texas, but I would give Texas some credit for destroying Missouri and Oklahoma State, even though Missouri was overrated and Oklahoma State is a shell of it's former self.

You're flapping your gums like that Gator in your avy as if Bama, Texas and Florida are some unstoppable dominant force. I don't know about Bama and Texas, but I think Oregon will do well against Florida, being that they really don't have a passing attack to brag about. The only weakness is Oregons secondary and Florida doesn't have enough weapons in the passing game to warrant respect, so stacking the box is highly possible.

I guess that is why they play the games right, 'cause on paper no one beats the SEC
laugh.gif
The last line of this quote is how you can SUM UP college football every year...

It is a broken system that favors the conference with the $3 Billion TV contract with ESPN...

JM
Or it could be the fact that the conference has won the last 3 national championships in a row, the most in the history of BCS era, and is 12-4all-time in BCS games. The SEC just got the contract with ESPN this year...the conference proves year in and out to be the best, you guys just hate to admitit.

uh 1-0 USC was the only team to play in a BCS bowl
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

If you are claiming that Oregon can hang with Florida/Texas/Bama what about BSU

All BSU has done this year is win every game its played and beat Oregon. Scratch that, DOMINATED oregon
Of course you can win every game when your schedule looks like this:

[table][tr][td]9/12[/td] [td]Miami (OH)[/td] [td]2-0 (0-0)[/td] [td]W 48-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9/18[/td] [td]@ Fresno State[/td] [td]3-0 (1-0)[/td] [td]W 51-34[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9/26[/td] [td]@ Bowling Green[/td] [td]4-0 (1-0)[/td] [td]W 49-14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/03[/td] [td]UC Davis[/td] [td]5-0 (1-0)[/td] [td]W 34-16[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/14[/td] [td]@ Tulsa[/td] [td]6-0 (1-0)[/td] [td]W 28-21[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/24[/td] [td]@ Hawaii[/td] [td]7-0 (2-0)[/td] [td]W 54-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10/31[/td] [td]San Jose State[/td] [td]8-0 (3-0)[/td] [td]W 45-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11/06[/td] [td]@ Louisiana Tech[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8:00 PM[/td] [/tr][/table]
Teams like Utah, TCU, BYU and Boise State need to step up their OOC scheduling. They are already climbing uphill by playing in a "weaker" conference.

There is no excuse for scheduling Miami of Ohio, Bowling Green, UC Davis (D1-AA), Tulsa.
Have you seen Cincinnati's out of conference schedule? How is scheduling Southeast Missouri State any better?

The Big East as a conference is better overall than the WAC.
There's nothing Boise State can do about its conference at this point. But beating Oregon is far more impressive than anything Cincinnati has done.
Oregon fans always saying that this "team" is different than the "team" Boise beat. Oregon had a healthy Masoli, LagaretteBlount and an ENTIRE SUMMER to prepare for Boise. I believe BSU is 2-0 against the ducks. So no, I do not think that if both teams win out that Oregon will beahead in the polls. Possibly in the BCS which doesn't matter because neither schools will play for the national title but in the polls BSU should be aheadof oregon.

^
^
laugh.gif
yeah my bad... bowl games... you get the idea! 1-0
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

btw it doesn't REALLY matter who's ranked ahead of who... both teams have to win out for any REAL debate to begin. And even then it still doesn'tmatter because IF Oregon wins out they will play the Big Ten champ in the Rose Bowl while BSU will be playing in their own BCS game... But personally I reallycan't declare BSU better than Oregon. I think everybody can tell it's not quite the same team that made the trip to Boise. I find it hard to believethat ANY team could hold this Oregon offense to 8 pts. Anybody heard of the assistant that was on the Ducks sidelines at the start of the season that was fromBoise? He mysteriously did not come back to the UofO after the BSU game and last I heard, nobody on the team had heard from him.... I'm not a bigconspiracy theorist but it just does seem a little odd, the sequence of events... Oh well whats done is done. As I said, both teams must win out to start thediscussion... College football in Nov/Dec
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

isnt it odd that as soon as a team beats USC, that team can now "beat any team in the country" but other teams lose and its "
laugh.gif
exposed "

You know why Gunna. Every year for the past 4 seasons it's always the same thing SC loses to a mediocre/bad team in conference play and run win the rest of their games and it's always "well SC is playing some of the best ball in the country of anyone and should be playing for the nat'l champ." Well this year, they did that again, but got blasted by another good team and so subsequently in the transitive property of SC always supposedly being great, the team that takes them down is put on a pedestal.

Now I think Oregon is a really good team, but they aren't beating UF, Bama, or Texas.

Oh and USC was definitely "EXPOSED"
"Exposed" of what? Having a terrible defense. If you watched the last two games (ND and Oregon State) you would know that are defense was playing a tight rope act.

Oregon is impressive all around, and I don't see anything that Bama, Florida and Texas has done that makes someone go
eek.gif
. Bama's win over VTech is not looking as great as it did two weeks ago, but to their credit they did travel out of the confines of Tuscaloosa. Will we ever see how good Florida is? They never seem to play anybody good, their only decent opponent this season was LSU on the road. Other than that Florida's schedule is riddled by terrible opponents, their OOC is
sick.gif
. The same can be said with Texas, but I would give Texas some credit for destroying Missouri and Oklahoma State, even though Missouri was overrated and Oklahoma State is a shell of it's former self.

You're flapping your gums like that Gator in your avy as if Bama, Texas and Florida are some unstoppable dominant force. I don't know about Bama and Texas, but I think Oregon will do well against Florida, being that they really don't have a passing attack to brag about. The only weakness is Oregons secondary and Florida doesn't have enough weapons in the passing game to warrant respect, so stacking the box is highly possible.

I guess that is why they play the games right, 'cause on paper no one beats the SEC
laugh.gif
The last line of this quote is how you can SUM UP college football every year...

It is a broken system that favors the conference with the $3 Billion TV contract with ESPN...

JM
Or it could be the fact that the conference has won the last 3 national championships in a row, the most in the history of BCS era, and is 12-4 all-time in BCS games. The SEC just got the contract with ESPN this year...the conference proves year in and out to be the best, you guys just hate to admit it.
Eh, the SEC is actually 12-5. The Pac 10 is 9-4.

I know you went into the SC losing to a mediocre team every year, but how is losing to Ole Miss at home better than losing to Oregon State on the road. Theyboth finished with identical records.

Once USC got 1 loss they were immediately eliminated from the NC game, while Florida got a pass because the SEC is tough,
laugh.gif

The defense we had last year was
smokin.gif
, we would've handled Florida. Plus, Texas not getting a shot after beating Oklahoma,
laugh.gif
. That is theflaw that is college football, so don't come in here puffing your chest. Some teams don't get a shot at the National Title.

The year before LSU destroyed Ohio State
eyes.gif

The year before Florida destroyed Ohio State
eyes.gif

The last great, no argument on who should have been in the game National Title game was the 2006 Rose Bowl.

The Pac-10 did work going undefeated in bowl games last year, but it doesn't help their fans case when no team outside of USC has even been to a BCS bowlsince 2001 when the Ducks went. SC has had a stranglehold on that conference for so long it is nice to see someone challenge them.

The difference is in the SEC it's usually at least 2 or 3 teams that have been in contention for BCS bowls and national championships every year (UF,LSU, UGA, Bama, Tennessee, Auburn). With the Pac-10 it's been SC and only SC.

My mistake I overlooked one of Bama's losses. I don't know why you putting
eyes.gif
next to Ohio St iroman...you know damn well SC gets to beat up on a Big 10 teamevery single year in Pasadena.

I'll give you that... It makes it tough when USC's whole recruiting class is full of five star athletes!
laugh.gif
but we're tryin! We never get bigrecruits, not throwin a fit here. Just making an observation...

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

I'll give you that... It makes it tough when USC's whole recruiting class is full of five star athletes!
laugh.gif
but we're tryin! We never get big recruits, not throwin a fit here. Just making an observation...

And that's one of my points, SC has damn near an NFL team out there yet they still lose to Stanford, UCLA and Oregon St. it doesn't make any sense.I know on any given Saturday it can happen to any team, but it's become a sad pattern for SC. They have such a decided advantage in talent over the rest ofthe teams in that conference that there shouldn't be an excuse.

And Ironman keep thinking yall would have 'handled' us. Percy would have had even more of a field day than he did against OU with that bum TaylorMays still back there
laugh.gif

You saw how our defense shut down the best offense in college football history as far as scoring goes, and SC's offense wasn't nearly as good asOU's was.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

every year?

ehhh people pick and choose their causes but when things go their way, nary a complaint is launched
Que?

Zero complaints?

There are always complaints, it's the BCS, it's college football. There is no playoff so all we could lean on is hypotheticals,
laugh.gif

The 2003 SC team had a split title with LSU
The 2004 SC team ran over almost everybody including Oklahoma in the title game (55-19).
The 2005 SC team had some close calls against Notre Dame and Fresno State. Notre Dame was ranked #9 when we went to South Bend and Fresno State was ranked #16when they came to the Coliseum. SC also beat #15 ASU @ Tempe and #11 UCLA.
The 2005 Texas team beat #4 Ohio State @ The Shoe, #24 Colorado, #10 Texas Tech.

Both teams also started the season #1 and 2, finished that way. The perfect BCS season.

I think that was the top of the mountain for the BCS, it's been downhill since then.

1998- Kansas State being left out of the entire BCS mix despite being ranked #3.
2000- Florida State chosen to play in the National Title game over Miami. FSU's only loss that season was to Miami, Miami's lone loss was to 1-lossWashington.
2001-Nebraska chosen to play in the title game despite being destroyed by Colorado in the Big XII title game. Oregon passed up despite being #2. Nebraska gotdestroyed in the title game and Oregon beat Colorado easily in the Fiesta Bowl.
2003- USC being left out despite being #1 in both polls but #3 in the BCS. I still blame Hershel Dennis for this,
laugh.gif
2005- USC/Texas
smokin.gif
game,
frown.gif
result.
2006-The whole Michigan and Ohio State debacle. Florida beating out Michigan for the #2 spot by .001 point,
laugh.gif

2007- Georgia was ranked ahead of LSU, but didn't play in the SEC title game. LSU was catapaulted from #7 to #2 after beating Tennessee. LSU went on tobeat Ohio State.
2008- Oklahoma, Texas and Texas Tech were tied for a bid to the Big XII title game. Oklahoma won based on BCS standing and beat Missouri, then got beat in theNC game by Florida. Oklahoma lost to Texas, Texas lost to Texas Tech, Texas Tech lost to Oklahoma.
2009- Let's see what happens this season.

My mistake I overlooked one of Bama's losses. I don't know why you putting
eyes.gif
next to Ohio St iroman...you know damn well SC gets to beat up on a Big 10 team every single year in Pasadena.
I'm tired of beating up on Big Ten teams
laugh.gif
. Now wewill either be stuck playing in the Rose Bowl (Big Ten) or the Holiday Bowl (Big XII). The last two SEC teams we played, well the results were bad for thoseSEC squads. Still remember going to against #6 Auburn, Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush's first start and taking care of business
smokin.gif

And Ironman keep thinking yall would have 'handled' us. Percy would have had even more of a field day than he did against OU with that bum Taylor Mays still back there
laugh.gif

You saw how our defense shut down the best offense in college football history as far as scoring goes, and SC's offense wasn't nearly as good as OU's was.

You forget that we had three linebackers that are currently starting in the NFL (Maualuga, Cushing and Mathews) and one that is a backup (Maiava). Best offense in college football?
laugh.gif
, Everyone was putting up points inthe Big XII last year.

Percy would have been neutralized.

when USC was in it, there was zero complaints from the Pac 10ers...

when Texas was in it, no complaints from big 12 guys

follow ?

follow ?
Did anyone complain that year?

what are u talking about?
Im not speakin on one year.

obviously u two dont understand so I'll go in depth.

the one guy posts about the SEC and soem garbage about "every year"

but when USC was going to title games, he wasnt complaining. FOLLOW?

when Texas was in a title game, no big 12 guy was complaining... there wasnt something wrong wit the system because one of theirs was in it.

when Auburn got the shaft and Oklahoma was in it, not one big 12/oklahoma fan offered to decline the bcs invite

tired.gif

time for me to exit this thread.

Originally Posted by oxygen800r

follow ?
Did anyone complain that year?
No.

There was no reason to complain. Look at the 2005 USC and Texas teams and look through their schedules, they ran through everybody and were the clear cut twobest teams that year. Plus they were both undefeated that year, #3 Penn State had one loss, #4 Ohio State had two losses, #6 Notre Dame had two losses aswell.

2004- You can make a complaint for Auburn, which finished undefeated behind two undefeated teams (USC and Oklahoma). You could substitute that Auburn team forOklahoma and SC would've still put a whoopin' on them boys. That SC team was
smokin.gif
. Oh yeah, 2004 was the birth of the "Leave No Doubt" campaign.

I showed you all the controversies, what more you want Gunna.

every year?

smh.gif
I wasnt talkin about one year when I typed "when USC and TEXAS were Winning Titles" ... meaningthey didnt win it the same year? Im talkin years
can yall read?

yall so stuck on Hypin up your favorite schools, you not even reading statements .
smh.gif

tired.gif

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Boise State won't even be ahead of Oregon at the end of the season if they both win out so who cares?

yes they will

there is no way the voters will put oregon over boise state when they beat oregon head to head.

Watch.

And you do know the Ducks were only .02 behind the Broncos this week in the BCS polls, right?

Voters may take head to head into account for a month after the game, but as time goes along teams change and voters recognize that. The ESPN guys already started talking about Oregon jumping Boise.
If oregon wins out, I really think that they would pass boise in ranking. Oregon would have wins over 4 ranked teams, Cal/USC/Arizona/Utah. Plusa win over a decent purdue team. It really all depends on if either team struggles with the remainder of their games. If ducks dominate the rest of theirschedule then I see them passing BSU. I don't believe that is fair but I blame the system.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

LOL

by who?
roll.gif
roll.gif

You guys took that comment way too serious it doesn't matter, the game didn't happen and it never will.

Ya'll act like we didn't have a solid defense last year,
smh.gif
every year?

smh.gif
I wasnt talkin about one year when I typed "when USC and TEXAS were Winning Titles" ... meaning they didnt win it the same year? Im talkin years
can yall read?

yall so stuck on Hypin up your favorite schools, you not even reading statements .
smh.gif

tired.gif

tired.gif

I basically did a thesis on every year of the BCS
laugh.gif

"When USC and Texas were winning titles, zero complaints" That is such a blanket statement. USC only won titles in 2003 (Split) and 2004(Unanimous). Texas only won a title in 2005, what the hell you mean by "all the years". It's hard to comprehend *%!% that doesn't makesense.

I'm not hyping anything, I'm not even hyping USC.

ok step away from your favorite team for a second. u can go back to it just gimme 10 seconds.

when Miami was going to title game. miami and/or Acc fans werent beefing about the sec and espn. you with me?

when Oklahoma went no complaints, no complaints from theirs or big 12 fans

when texas went, ditto

now harken back to the original post I made

does that help? I was replying to the guy who was now "complaining" because it wasnt going his way but the yrs his favorite team and conference wasin the title game, he had nothign to say. only because his team and conference isnt in the drivers seat now theres a "Espn & SEC conspiracy"

ok, you can go back to your fandom.

I just want jmadidas to come back and tell us that Gonzaga football > the entire SEC + Miami + FSU again...

^^
You ever hear about the term "East Coast Bias", it wasn't born yesterday and it wasn't coined in the last 5 years.

West Coast fans have always complained about it.

After Tennessee won the title in 1998 the SEC kind of took a back seat, a five year rest period. One that had Miami at the top, then the SEC hype came in witha vengeance. It is kind of like the Yankees/Red Sox hype that began around the same time. You are an S&T regular, it has been discussed a few times, thedemise of ESPN. It is also when it became apparent that the downfall of ESPN was becoming painfully obvious.

When ESPN decided to blatantly start making the news instead of reporting it. The SEC hype is heavy right now. A loss to a "mediocre" SEC teamcarries more weight than a loss to a "mediocre" Big XII, Pac 10 team.

No one has answered the question. Why did Florida deserve a National Title shot after losing to Ole Miss at home compared to losing to Oregon State on theroad or Texas Tech on the road?

Step away from your favorite conference for a minute and think about it. That is why there is beef.

Why is Tebow still getting Heisman hype when his numbers are mediocre and are no better than Jeremiah Masoli?

PS- Before you jump to conclusions, I don't think Masoli belongs in the Heisman conversation, I'm just saying Tebow doesn't either. Unfortunately,Tebow is leading the pack according to ESPN discussions
wink.gif
. Riddle methat, take the SEC blinders off.

I'm not saying the SEC is not a good conference, just saying that they are the favorite son and get preferential treatment.

I guess USC doesn't get preferential treatment? Every other year it's "they may have the best CFB team/defense/offense ever"

It may be for a reason, b/c every year in the Pete Carroll era, SC has had a good to great record, the same can be said for the majority of the entireSoutheastern conference for at least the last 10 years. Every year since 1998 where you pointed out, at least one of the teams that played in the SECchampionship in Atlanta has been ranked in the top 5. It's consistency in performance, not preferential treatment.

^ So what about all the scrub sec teams that haven't done @%+! in years. or the 2 teams y'all have every year that are good/great so that automaticallymakes the SEC some ungodly conference.

Back
Top Bottom