5 year old girl gets arrested ..

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

There were no other children in the classroom or the conference room, she had already been isolated. 
I work with kids and I've had to defuse some tough situations in the past. I've been punched, kicked, bitten and spat on, you just have to deal with it. 

I can only assume the faculty/staff who dealt with this situation are incompetent. Anybody who sides with the police is an idiot. 
lol well the teacher wasn't tryna deal with it, honestly I don't blame her and I guess I'm an idiot, not sure what that makes you tho smh

No one deserves to get hit, yes even by a 5 year old
And a five year-old deserves to get cuffed and carted down to the station? 
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Op gets a late pass but yeah 
laugh.gif
 at the teacher being scared of a 5 year old and having to resort to calling the police.  
indifferent.gif
 @ the Police for actually using handcuffs.  All in all I bet if it was a 5 year old WHITE kid, the cops wouldn't have been called. 

Now say the kid hurt one of the other kids in the class while the police were trying to talk her down instead of putting her in cuff? People will complain that Police should've done more

Say the teacher tried to subdue/grab and hold down the kid and the kid got hurt? Teacher in trouble, people press charges

Looks like they just handcuffed the child to keep her in check, from what I gathered its not like they took her to jail

I totally agree with this ...
Now a days no matter what people do - someone will find it wrong.

Some of you said call her parents - Maybe her parents are the reason she is like that. Also, what if they would of have called their parents? What can they do? With the laws now a day, they lay a finger and they are abusing their child and can be arrested. No win situation - I think the handcuffs might of have been extreme but it prevented any further problems. 

I don't see anything wrong!

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

lol well the teacher wasn't tryna deal with it, honestly I don't blame her and I guess I'm an idiot, not sure what that makes you tho smh

roll.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 at the teacher being scared of a 5 year old and having to resort to calling the police.  
indifferent.gif
 @ the Police for actually using handcuffs.  All in all I bet if it was a 5 year old WHITE kid, the cops wouldn't have been called. 
She was released to her mother, she wasn't taking down to the station
ohwell.gif
-I think the cops just wanted to get her out of there

If the police didn't cuff her, and she started wailing at them and the police have to use more force it would look WORSE than if they cuffed her and led her out of the building to her mother.

People are so quick to say what they would have done in a certain situation without actually being there, I honestly don't know what I would have done but it looked like this story ended without anyone getting hurt except the teacher which is completely fine by me.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
I don't know why do you think the teacher was scare of the 5 y/o ... I'm looking at it as the teacher was scare for her career, anything she would of have done to diffused the situation would have potentially end up in a bad way. For her her family and the people depend on the income she brings in. Pay attention to whats going around you now a days and you will understand. 
I be damn if I let my kids get to that point .. I will spank and whip them when needed and let someone call the cops - they will end up in straight foster care. Society has the right intention but bad execution on everything! If you are blatently abusing your child yes step in if you are disciplining your child step the %++! away.

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

Now say the kid hurt one of the other kids in the class while the police were trying to talk her down instead of putting her in cuff? People will complain that Police should've done more

Say the teacher tried to subdue/grab and hold down the kid and the kid got hurt? Teacher in trouble, people press charges

Looks like they just handcuffed the child to keep her in check, from what I gathered its not like they took her to jail

I totally agree with this ...
Now a days no matter what people do - someone will find it wrong.

Some of you said call her parents - Maybe her parents are the reason she is like that. Also, what if they would of have called their parents? What can they do? With the laws now a day, they lay a finger and they are abusing their child and can be arrested. No win situation - I think the handcuffs might of have been extreme but it prevented any further problems. 

I don't see anything wrong!
Let me re-emphasize it, my opinion would be a lot different if they took her to jail which from what I researched about the story they did not they just gave her back to her mother

Blame her parents,

Not even mad at her being being arrested, She deserved it.

Better parenting. I know if my kid threw a tantrum like that I would have no qualms with him getting spanked by his teacher. But, my son would never act that way.

Police having to use more force?  
Teacher scared for her career?  

roll.gif

Do you all even know any 5 year old kids?  All they had to do was lock that kid in the room for an hour, call the parents and the kid would have calmed down.  The way ya all are sounding they should have called SEAL Team 6 in order to diffuse the situation. It's a 5 year old toddler for crying out loud. 
laugh.gif

People always say "blame the parents" but really, I'd like to that everyone is a really good parent all the time. But damn, thats 18 years of a kid not getting in trouble or doing dumb !*@@. I've done dumb !*@@ that my parents couldn't have prevented. We need to drop this whole "I am/will be the best parent in the world" attitude. Sometimes !*@@ just happens. I'm a really really nice kid, but I'll admit that I've wilded out in class a couple of times and took the punishment. You can either be a weird over protective parents, or can be a normal parent that is always a human being and just deal with the dumb !*@@ that you kid does, since you're not going to be able to prevent it.

Don't get it twisted some !*@@ is a complete lack of parenting, but this, and many many others are not.

roll.gif

Do you all even know any 5 year old kids?  All they had to do was lock that kid in the room for an hour, call the parents and the kid would have calmed down.  The way ya all are sounding they should have called SEAL Team 6 in order to diffuse the situation. It's a 5 year old toddler for crying out loud. 
laugh.gif

Worked as a part-time preschool teacher in a program for economically/socially disadvantaged children?

So locking a kid in a room is somehow more human than cuffing her so she doesn't harm herself, or anyone else and drive her home to her mom?

And from what I heard the kid was destroying $#$t, do they really want her in a room alone by herself? Is that responsible?

I'm not even saying I would've called the cops, but clearly the cops handled the situation with no one getting hurt

Lock kid in room, she destroys it and dies in a freak accident-mom sues for leaving the kid unattended
ohwell.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Worked as a part-time preschool teacher in a program for economically/socially disadvantaged children?

So locking a kid in a room is somehow more human than cuffing her so she doesn't harm herself, or anyone else and drive her home to her mom?

And from what I heard the kid was destroying $#$t, do they really want her in a room alone by herself? Is that responsible?

I'm not even saying I would've called the cops, but clearly the cops handled the situation with no one getting hurt

Lock kid in room, she destroys it and dies in a freak accident-mom sues for leaving the kid unattended
ohwell.gif
Yes placing the kid in a time out in a locked room is more humane than putting handcuffs.  I like how you assume the absolute worst. You have quite a vivid imagination. 
laugh.gif

Wait, wait, wait...lock the kid in the room? With WHO? The kid was throwing a fit and hitting a school employee. There is an EXTREME gray area about what adults can/can't do in a school setting as far as restraining kids. These teachers are covering their behinds. This is not a mother/father disciplining their child. This is a school EMPLOYEE. Let that teacher put their hands on the kid and the kid get some sort of mark or bruise....next you have a different sort of lawsuit about the amount of force used to subdue a 5 year old. Again, the teachers are covering their !%@. We live in a society where folks are VERY quick to sue for the slightest thing even if there were reasonable intentions from the other party. If there was any sort of mark or bruise, the school system would most likely have to side w. the parent because there is a line that can't be crossed. I don't blame the teachers one bit as far as how they handled the situation.

Yes placing the kid in a time out in a locked room is more humane than putting handcuffs.

Putting a 5 year old kid in a room LOCKED for an hour is a lawsuit waiting to happen....

PLEASE go ahead and do that and see if you still have a job the next day.

anyone else notice the video is from 2007?
Oh well that still doesnt call for a 5 year old getting arrested.

roll.gif

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
Yes placing the kid in a time out in a locked room is more humane than putting handcuffs.  I like how you assume the absolute worst. You have quite a vivid imagination. 
laugh.gif
lol @ absolute worst, things like this happen why the hell would you leave a 5 year old kid alone in a room for him/her to break $#$$? Is that really more humane? Nothing wrong with anticipating the future, it's actually how a lot of policies that govern public safety are implemented-having a vivid imagination

That is why a doctor is allowed to hold a patient against their will if they express homicidal and suicidal ideation, the patient may not mean it but what if? Some people have to think about consequences constantly
laugh.gif

wait you dudes always say you're going to beat your kids, and now you're crying because they put cuffs on a little girl to scare her?

wait isnt this old? i think i remember this thread a long time ago.... dummies was using the thread to bash police as usual because they listen to too much nwa and was watching boyz n the hood....smh..

one of these days u anti police people gonna be screaming for the police to help you. karma is a #+$@@ fellas...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Yes placing the kid in a time out in a locked room is more humane than putting handcuffs.

Putting a 5 year old kid in a room LOCKED for an hour is a lawsuit waiting to happen....

PLEASE go ahead and do that and see if you still have a job the next day.
And handcuffing a 5 year old didn't bring about a lawsuit?  Oh wait it did and what was the result?
[h1]Mother Sues Florida School Board over Police Handcuffing of Her Kindergartner[/h1]You may remember the story of Ja’eisha Scott. It broke almost exactly four years ago.
A Black kindergarten girl in Pinellas County, Florida had a tantrum in school. The school decided the best way to handle it was to call the police and request that the girl be charged and arrested. St. Petersburg Police officers responded to the call; the officers felt the best thing to do was handcuff the small child. Because handcuffs are not designed to fit five year olds they had to use plastic ties on the girl’s wrists; they hand cuffed her ankles and kept her bound in the back seat of police cruiser for several hours, while they sought to press charges against her. Footage of the police forcing the girl’s hands behind her back and cuffing her and of excerpts of tantrum went viral on the web and played repeatedly on TV for some days.

The city of of St. Petersburg settled with the girl’s mother, Inga Akens, for $18,000 in an out of court settlement for claims against the police department. The Pinellas County School Board has refused to settle out of court; a lawsuit is now underway.
The suit accuses school officials of mishandling the situation when the girl threw a violent tantrum in class at Fairmount Park Elementary.

The girl, now 8, will need long-term therapy, says the lawsuit, filed March 12 in Pinellas circuit court by Inga Akins, 27, the girl’s mother.

“As a result of this incident, (the girl) is petrified about attending school, is afraid of law enforcement officers, has been severely traumatized and suffers from fear and anxiety,

The girl, now 8, will need long-term therapy, says the lawsuit, filed March 12 in Pinellas circuit court by Inga Akins, 27, the girl’s mother.

such ******-

kid will need therapy due to terrible parents she has.

Back
Top Bottom