50 Cent delays Street King Immortal album indefinetely

50 Cent Won't Put Out Album 'Without A Plan'
'I don't really need the money off of the record,' Fif tells MTV News about the delay in releasing his fifth solo LP.
By Rob Markman (@RobMarkman)

It's been almost four years since 50 Cent last dropped a solo LP, and the G-Unit juggernaut is in no rush to do it.

"I don't really need the money off of the record. I want the record to be right. I'm not doing it without a plan; I'm not putting it out like that," 50 told MTV News about his long-awaited fifth studio album.

The multiplatinum rap king points to his label Interscope and says he won't make a move until the record company is ready. "It's a lot of staff changes, a lot of different people moving in and moving out, so you got to kind of wait until everything's right; until it's settled in," he reasoned.

50 Cent Wants His Next Album To Be Just 'Right'

50 likens himself to a basketball player with dominant skills but less team support — someone akin to Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant maybe? "I've been on a team where I take the ball out and throw myself the alley-oop, and I take the ball out and shoot the three-pointer myself, and I take the ball out and I dunk the ball," he said, driving home the analogy.

That's not to suggest that 50 hasn't been releasing music the past few years — he's actually been quite active. After dropping Before I Self Destruct in November 2009, he's dropped two mixtapes (The Big 10, The Lost Tape and 5 (Murder by Numbers)) as well as a number of singles like "My Life" with Eminem and Adam Levine, "Major Distribution" and his most recent, "We Up" with Kendrick Lamar.

In the case of "We Up," 50 was just positive that the record would be a hit, but since its release in May, it has largely remained an underground favorite. "I know it ain't my ear [because] Kendrick said the same thing I said when I sent it to him, 'Oh this is a hit.' And everybody said the same thing," he said before surmising that the market is currently oversaturated with rap music. "I think it comes from so much stuff being in front of people."

http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/936223/50-cent-wants-his-next-album-to-be-just-right.jhtml

is he serious? i think he's really scared to drop. this guy thinks his music is 24K Gold :lol:

Last edited:
mean.gif

the real question is, why did he wait this long to announce this now? this ain't never dropping just like Detox :lol:

1 he doesnt wanna do promo runs
2 he doesnt tour anymore
3 he still refuses to collab with artist with more than 5 years under they belt
4 he lost confidence

"See when you don't meet the consumers expectations, the market becomes hit or miss, and I create so much raw energy that people will have to come to accept the product for what it is when I release it. The strategies and techniques that drove the consumer to buy my product in the old market limits the type of exposure that I can currently give them at the moment"

I wrote that channeling 50..and I thought of some corny **** he would say...this dude will give you an excuse for everything when his **** ain't buzzing. 

50 seems to be going thru some personal issues. Then he keeps trying to re create "get rich or die trying" when he drops a album. Once he realizes its not going to happen, he will be better off.

Lets keep it funky fif....he's scared he's gonna flop..

Da g-unit atrophy has finally reached da general...

He may wanna holla @ game for that reunion...

Knew it was op behind this thread...dude is still bumping and rocking g unit tees.

rocking g-unit tees? you must be joking :lol: as for their music, i still occasionally listen to their old stuff because they do have classics. the mixtapes gets played more often then the albums.

I ***** with We Up, but these days who knows what's a hit or not. At this point in his career he got the money why not just put it out independent? It's gonna do what it gonna do just make good music and keep it moving

That would only be for money and everybody knows 50 dont need the money that bad.

Musically he is stale, but your always 1 hit away from a return.

does he really want to have his career at a standstill with 4 records only to his name? he's become a mere afterthought. his cockyness has ruined his music career.

"See when you don't meet the consumers expectations, the market becomes hit or miss, and I create so much raw energy that people will have to come to accept the product for what it is when I release it. The strategies and techniques that drove the consumer to buy my product in the old market limits the type of exposure that I can currently give them at the moment"

I wrote that channeling 50..and I thought of some corny **** he would say...this dude will give you an excuse for everything when his **** ain't buzzing. 
you gotta sprinkle in the word "actual" about 30 times

either way, he's losing fans doing this. Dr. Dre ruined himself by shelving his album for so long. how they expect to have fans by not releasing music? people who were checking for 50 are now grown, their priorities change & they don't listen to the new stuff on the radio. i guess Jimmy Iovine got 50 by the balls with his contract. one more album and he can't even release it :smh: >D

Last edited:
I think he makes it worse being so protective of his music, he's undoubtedly a hip hop legend so he should put out at least 2 or 3 mixtapes a year because something would catch on.

I liked We up though , and outlaw was my **** I thought he had a chance with that one.... joint bangs...still play it at max volume in the whip.

does he really want to have his career at a standstill with 4 records only to his name? he's become a mere afterthought. his cockyness has ruined his music career.
He has something that pretty much everyone of your favorite new rappers doesn't have and that is a HIP HOP classic that is TIMELESS.

He has something that pretty much everyone of your favorite new rappers doesn't have and that is a HIP HOP classic that is TIMELESS.

but he clings on to that SINGLE album for his dear life. he will never match that feeling ever again. you got other legends making new albums that are still solid. look at Nas' Life Is Good or Jay-Z's Magna Carta. i'm just annoyed by this man making excuses.

****** really wanna hear anything 50 cent has to say in this day in age?

I damn sure don't.

I think it's a combination

Him and Interscope(Jimmy)

If he hasn't been able to produce enough buzz for an album yet, Interscope might as well let him walk minus the one album. He's made them a lot of money, but damn, this project isn't even worth it anymore.

If the Alicia Keys, Em and Kendrick songs didn't work...dudes dead in the water. He'd need Michael Jackson, Ja Rule and Whitney Houston to be on a songs to produce enough momentum to reach platinum status.

I think it's a combination

Him and Interscope(Jimmy)

If he hasn't been able to produce enough buzz for an album yet, Interscope might as well let him walk minus the one album. He's made them a lot of money, but damn, this project isn't even worth it anymore.

If the Alicia Keys, Em and Kendrick songs didn't work...dudes dead in the water. He'd need Michael Jackson, Ja Rule and Whitney Houston to be on a songs to produce enough momentum to reach platinum status.

or he could go for the artists that's hot right now for example, Drake, J. Cole, Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, Nicki etc.

Back
Top Bottom