50 vs. Ye

who won?

MUSICALLY

@#%$ all this numbers @#%$...I wanna know from the music dudes in the area who gave both albums a good run (I personally think both albums are solid). I say Kanye won by a hair but thats just cause I prefer his music. I still think 50s album was dope as hell...

any and all opinions welcomed

Team DC/MD/VA​

"EQAUL OPPORTUNITY RACIST"​
O.G. Member DreadHead​
THE MANGO JUICE KEEPS DRIPPIN

WalYE :rofl:
roll.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
A cup a day keeps the bad stuff away.

I give it to Kanye. Every song on Graduation gets play except Barry Bonds and Drunk N Hot Girls.

Flashing Lights is my song :wow:
eek.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM WASHINGTON WIZARDS
Arenas-Stevenson-Butler-Jamison-Blatche
Nick Young, Dominic McGuire, & OPEC let's get it!
WASHINGTON ********

im not sure why for whatever reason but i think 'i wonder' is a crazy track, the entire song just screams 'analyze me' because the lyrics arent clear for the first couple listens. at first, the concept was almost vague to me (even with its title lol) but Ye's message becomes a lot more vivid the more i listen. as a fan of hip-hop, i dont get that same feel when i listen to 50.

kanye got it
Angry Black Man on an ELEVATOR
--------------------------------​
***STAY SAFE
I'M LOOKING FOR in sz10-11:
[ ]blk/blue AJ I [ ]blk/red AJ I

Personally I'm gonna go with Kanye.
To all the standup DMV bammas: When it comes to my family, it ain't never a problem, it's only a phone call...

"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest​

I have not copped the fifty yet, but I got the Kanye today. Kanye album is on point, you can tell he put alot of time and effort into the project. The only song I do not like is Drunk N Hot Girls. You know an album is hot when you come to the end and wonder why it seem so short. I still cant get past I get money from Fifty (hot track).
STOCKS & BONDS
TEES COMING SOON

Quote:
Every song on Graduation gets play except Barry Bonds and Drunk N Hot Girls.

Really??!!! I like both of those tracks. ESPECIALLY Drunk and Hot Girls. That joint is hilaaaaaaaaaarious. lol Only song I skip over is Goodlife. I'm kinda mad 'Ye hopped on the T-Pain train.
The dudes in this forum carry more tampons than I do.

listened to both all the way thru a couple times and I must say I came in gased for the 50 album for some reason. Both are solid, but the Kanye is clearly better. Flashing lights is my @#%$. Big Brother is also a GREAT song....and Good Morning will prolly be getting me up for class for the rest of the semester(sorry beef rap). The best tracks on Curtis were the singles and My Gun go Off(I think). I came into it expecting some better riding music like the Massacre :pimp:
pimp.gif
...but there wasnt really anything like that. Btw, you havent heard Ayo Technology until you've hear it in a strip club... :pimp:
pimp.gif
WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI

YEAH BOTH ALBUMS ARE GARBAGE....COMPARED TO THE LAST 2 OF EACH ARTIST....

KANYES ALBUM IS STARTING TO GROWN ON ME....BUT THATS BECAUSE EVERYWHERE IVE GONNE FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS ALL IVE HEARD IS KANYE....

INDUSTRYDESIGNS
we are what's INMYSPACEINDUSTRY DESIGNS

I must say, I bought both. They're both trying too hard. On both sides of the scale. Fif tries too hard on the street side, and his album sounded formulaic at best. With the singles, Fif has already shot his best load. Most of the the album sound like the same song, just w/ diferent beats. Subject matter is limited. No growth.

While Kanye's album offered sonically better music(and i used "better" VERY loosely), It still was him trying to hard to go left field. "Stronger" is just that, A stab at getting Clear Channel stations to play his music, a 'crossover' song. While I applaud that effort, It doesn't mean the song is good. "Can't Tell me nuthin' " is a definite banger. Still working my way through it, but alot of the music just seems forced.

I'm not sre I can even agree with you on that Common album, Ru. It was ok, but it wasn't as even as sonically cohesive as "Be".

It seems nowadays, dudes are just trying too hard instead of just going in and making "Good" music(pun intended, :lol:
laugh.gif

Team DC/MD/VA
MD/DC/VA Forum's Ironhand Enforcer..
O.G. Member #7 Da God Number

Both albums were nothing special to me cuz I know both of them have the potential to do better...

Still have to give 50's album 2 more listens before I form an opinion.

Kanye's wasn't a standard Kanye album to me. College Dropout was hot, mixed singles with solid regular tracks...and had some good features on it. His last one Late Registration(?) was WAY better than this one...I just got a feeling when I listened to it and thats what I base my opinion off of really...

This one was short and had about 3 or 4 songs at the most that were good that weren't singles. And I HATE "stronger" that @#%$ was wack.

Favorite Songs [In Order]: The Glory(Yall slept on this one), Flashing Lights(Only other i actually liked), Everything I am(seemed like it was supposed to be THAT SENSITIVE TRACK, but its nothing at all compared to "roses"), and Good Life(But T-pain blows me with his voice box singing @#%$)

Kanye couldve had so many better features on this album. And he didnt have to go farther than his own label. smh. John Legend, Common, Bilal... :rofl:
roll.gif
The Real.

Quote:
Flashing lights is my . Big Brother is also a GREAT song....and Good Morning will prolly be getting me up for class for the rest of the semester
:lol:
laugh.gif
HANG THE DJ"Because the music that they constantly play, says nothing to me about my life..."

I think 50 did a great job by giving the streets "Part-time lover" and "On some @#%$" this summer, while dropping single for single and still being on Ciara's joint. He basically owned the radio this summer. His album musically did what was safe, and thus, expected of him overall.

However, I was expecting more from 'Ye.

Call me an idiot, but its not the progression from Late Registration I was expecting. The "Graduation" (unlike "College Dropout" and "Late Reg.") will get real old, real quick.

But, that's hip-hop music these days...........

*Gone to listen to A Low End Theory*

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

^^^ A Low End Theory = That goodness...

I actually could give a care about which is better between 50 and Kanye. I think both are fair...

When you talk about whose album is TRULY the best...and SHOULD sell more records...we'd be having a thread discussion about "Finding Forever".
LAST WEEKEND I TOOK A TRIP
When I returned home...I celebrated my accomplishment.
IT WILL UNFOLD VERY SOON
Don't worry yourselves.

double post
AKA Kelz
Looking For:
Penny 2s Sz 6.5 or 7
AJ CG IIIs 7.5
Any color Spizikes in 7.5

Kanyes whole CD is dope....50s Cd has a couple of good songs but i could listen to kanyes whole cd without skipping a track...his lyrics are insane....ppl can actually relate to his cd...aint nobody really tryin to shoot other ppl
AKA Kelz
Looking For:
Penny 2s Sz 6.5 or 7
AJ CG IIIs 7.5
Any color Spizikes in 7.5

both albums are mediocre at best. Ye is gonna win the sales battle because 50 had to come off too arrogant. fans are gonna not buy his album off that.

He needs us, we dont need him (at least musically)
Another one bites the dust!

The really only good song on "Graduation" is "Everything I am" w/ Premo cutting on it. That's a dope@$$ song. But, overall, album is mediocre. And you cats hollaring about "Big Brother"? Lamest beat ever. Subject matter is ok, but just waaay too much sack-riding for my tastes. I just wasn't a hit.

But hey, what do I know?

One thing I know, "Faithful" on "Be" featuring Bilal made a N' want to be a better boyfriend.

Team DC/MD/VA​

MD/DC/VA Forum's Ironhand Enforcer..
O.G. Member #7 Da God Number

Yesterday was a horrible day for music, I was asked by two members of a "rap group" at my school who the guy on my shrit was/ It was the Nas Lemar and Dauley shirt. Then I went to the JV Football game, don't ask why, and they were playing Rakim over the sound system and I was going along with it, and my friends were like, "WHo the hell is this?".
To all the standup DMV bammas: When it comes to my family, it ain't never a problem, it's only a phone call...

"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest​

Back
Top Bottom