500 DAYS OF SUMMER VOL. WAS SHE REALLY THAT WRONG?

^^ Word. 

Let me put it like this OP: How would YOU feel she did all of that to you?
Did you read any of my responses? You wanna know how I'd feel?

She lets me know she doesn't want something serious; from the start, the middle, and end...I listen and I understand. If I catch feelings, so be it...Would I be salty that she moved on with someone else? Of course, but that's my fault for letting my guard down -- As it was GJL for ignoring those words (again, multiple times) and her signs as mentioned by even his sister. She was UP FRONT from the get-go.

Yeah she was kind of up front except for being married. And yes she said didn't want anything serious but her actions said something different, which led to dude being confused.

^^ Word. 

Let me put it like this OP: How would YOU feel she did all of that to you?
Did you read any of my responses? You wanna know how I'd feel?

She lets me know she doesn't want something serious; from the start, the middle, and end...I listen and I understand. If I catch feelings, so be it...Would I be salty that she moved on with someone else? Of course, but that's my fault for letting my guard down -- As it was GJL for ignoring those words (again, multiple times) and her signs as mentioned by even his sister. She was UP FRONT from the get-go.

This is BS if you ask me. Being up front about it doesn't make it right. She is still wrong. She knew it was more....she knew JGL liked her more then a friend....and it was obvious because she had to state it. So what did she do knowing JGL was sprung....she played him out. She got what she wanted and left him.

I as a male have had women like me and i won't take it to a physical level because i know that i don't' like them like that (forget the sucubus moves pulled by this cold hearted garden tool like the whole ikea scene :wow: (i want that)). She got his emotions involved as deep as she could knowing it wouldn't turn into anything else.

I hate her and yes my jimmies were rustled and i now forever will like JGL even when he does horrible movies like whatever that one was where he just rode a bike and some how out ran cars for 2 hours

As an adult, he should've known thirst would back fire. Him screaming BS saying he saw them as a couple was showing extreme frustration, even desperation.
This. Dude should have quit and never looked back after that temper tantrum.

She played him easily, but it's his fault for not realizing it. I've been in the same situation...I don't blame the chick, I was the one who was doing it wrong. He should have deaded her and moved on, because that was the only way she may have come back to him.

How can anyone blame JGL 4 be so thirsty doe? He was quite miserable be4 he met summer and she turned out to be a really cool and beatiful women.

I would have been bumping 808's and heartbreak the whole Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons.

this. now summer stated she wanted no relationship nothing fine...but he couldn't help them feels. well i think she should've put some distance between themselves. letting him slide in her on the reg is exacerbating them feels and it was wrong on her part.

now i get the argument "look at it from a mature standpoint, his thirst led to his downfall" but didn't she end up with a ring at the end of the movie, with some other guy (fact check :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:) ? you wanna talk about playing with emotions? yo that ring ****** his emotions up.

now the rebound and come up with autumn was a good look. so it softens the blow summer dealt. but still, i think summer was lowkey cuthroat.

eek.gif
at this movie being 4 years old now and that this thread is a new one and not a grave dig
laugh.gif

Movie was too much real life though
tired.gif
Never seen it...I'll check it out though. 

She played him easily, but it's his fault for not realizing it. I've been in the same situation...I don't blame the chick, I was the one who was doing it wrong. He should have deaded her and moved on, because that was the only way she may have come back to him.
Thats how I feel (although she can get some blame) The signs were there. But he was so deep into his helpless romantic state he just assumed things would change (like they did ended up doing when she got married) but you can't assume you're going to be one to change her ways either. He shouldnt have allowed himself to go in so deep with her on an emotional level, but she did play into those same emotions. So she got to get some blame, her *** wasnt that blind or naive to think he wasnt feeling the way he was.

Last edited:
Thats how I feel (although she can get some blame) The signs were there. But he was so deep into his helpless romantic state he just assumed things would change (like they did ended up doing when she got married) but you can't assume you're going to be one to change her ways either. He shouldnt have allowed himself to go in so deep with her on an emotional level, but she did play into those same emotions. So she got to get some blame, her *** wasnt that blind or naive to think he wasnt feeling the way he was.

Ding, ding, ding

Everything happens for a reason. By meeting her, it gave him the power to break through the threshold and become a beast with the books in order to get a career he loves.

I first saw this movie when it came out. At the age of 27 now and I think this story is not uncommon in real life.

Yup people come in and out of your life for a reason, not uncommon at all. He's a better man because of her, financially, emotionally, spiritually etc, increased his and inner strength and resolve. Can't be mad at that.

Well you will at first, it's a hard lesson to learn, but when the pain subsides you'll appreciate it, if you're smart you'll learn from it and it never happens again. Truly the only way to recover from that is working on yourself, which could open up an amazing path.

The question at hand though? they were both wrong for continuing what felt right even though deep down they knew what the outcome would be.

Last edited:
she led dude to believe there was hope, JGL ran with that and crashed into a brick wall....is ironic because this is usually what alot of men do to women, we may be straight up and honest about not wanting anything serious, but then do little things here and there that give women hope that she may in fact be "the one" love is a dangerous game, two people who by nature are wired completely different (men & women) somehow making a connection that binds them....good luck fellas.

Self absorbed, delusional, destructive *** woman

She knew what she was doing

She bathed in male potential, from both JGL and the scrub who MARRIED her. Bleeding them of what they provide and taking everything as a given, as a matter of chance, but not a consequence of her own manipulation of others

How would you feel knowing you wifed a girl who had at least one side dude? Dudes lie themselves into false confidence by justifying this sharing of women by the fact that lots of people date openly and then it finally "becomes a thing" and they get married the next week. FOH :x :smh:

Every flaw you see she has is what other women are gradually priding themselves on. The false aloofness, the ability to get attention from men when they please, the notion that they can get away with using others, the way they view men as a means to an end but not an ACTUAL PERSON.

Men are not human to women anymore. Only the exceptions that are their family or child boys because their children are an extension of them.

she led dude to believe there was hope, JGL ran with that and crashed into a brick wall....is ironic because this is usually what alot of men do to women, we may be straight up and honest about not wanting anything serious, but then do little things here and there that give women hope that she may in fact be "the one" love is a dangerous game, two people who by nature are wired completely different (men & women) somehow making a connection that binds them....good luck fellas.

pretty much. she did what alot of guys do to women. Use them for their own selfish reasons. She wanted attention etc, and she got it. I cant fault JGL, he was in love. People do dumb things when they are in love. But she stopped it when it was convenient for her, and not taking his feelings into question.

ALso the getting married thing was the real dagger in his heart. Like, that was a B thing to do without telling him.

I always thought Zoey was in the right in that situation. She clearly told him what the deal was. Women would never outline what they're intentions are like that. If a chick tells you to not take it serious, she's putting you on notice. I know her actions screamed something else, especially when she visited him late in night in the rain
mean.gif
, but that doesn't negate the fact that she wasn't his.
am interested

will see movie

he shouldve sent her *** home if he had already busted for the day

****** cakin wit thots now???

So much estrogen in this thread :smh:

She said she didnt want something serious and homie got caught out there. Like KSteezy stated this is exactly what guys do to females... this was just a movie about role reversal.. So many fish in the sea and your falling for the one who tells you they dont want you in that way? Female tendencies.

Actions speak louder then words, she said one thing but there was obviously times where she did stuff that made it seem like she just wanted the relationship to be more serious.

So much estrogen in this thread
mean.gif

She said she didnt want something serious and homie got caught out there. Like KSteezy stated this is exactly what guys do to females... this was just a movie about role reversal.. So many fish in the sea and your falling for the one who tells you they dont want you in that way? Female tendencies.
yea man when he was like "dammnit we are a couple" i was like its going to be fun watching you crash and burn.

So much estrogen in this thread :smh:

you're so cool and macho bro.

I bet you never even kissed yo momma. :rolleyes

This dude too masculine for all of that.

:smokin

Lol good thread

I think JGL was wrong, he should have been straight up with her and asked her out instead he let her do the friend thing the whole relationship. Only time he had the upper hand is when she came crying in the rain and he should have made it clear that he wanted to be a couple and if she didn't want that then it's over.

He said his character was selfish in an interview too. lol

The (500) Days of Summer attitude of “He wants you so bad” seems attractive to some women and men, especially younger ones, but I would encourage anyone who has a crush on my character to watch it again and examine how selfish he is. He develops a mildly delusional obsession over a girl onto whom he projects all these fantasies. He thinks she’ll give his life meaning because he doesn’t care about much else going on in his life. A lot of boys and girls think their lives will have meaning if they find a partner who wants nothing else in life but them. That’s not healthy. That’s falling in love with the idea of a person, not the actual person.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...itt-500-days-of-summer-selfish_n_1795676.html

Back
Top Bottom