500 DAYS OF SUMMER VOL. WAS SHE REALLY THAT WRONG?

The whole movie is about expectations and though she may had lead him on, ultimately it was his fault for projecting his fantasies to his reality. He learns to cope with it and ends up winning at the end.

I love this film btw.

Thats how I feel (although she can get some blame) The signs were there. But he was so deep into his helpless romantic state he just assumed things would change (like they did ended up doing when she got married) but you can't assume you're going to be one to change her ways either. He shouldnt have allowed himself to go in so deep with her on an emotional level, but she did play into those same emotions. So she got to get some blame, her *** wasnt that blind or naive to think he wasnt feeling the way he was.

/thread

I'll always love Zooey but her character was pretty cold in this. Not in the wrong but a good lesson in life. She ended up finding what she wanted in the end and JGL's character went through all that, learned/grew from it, and got him another season of the year :smokin

The movie when you really get in to it can obviously be depressing but in real life I'd never let something like this happen to me. I don't get sprung so easily unless I'm springing a nut all over her face.

Last edited:
She played house with him at Ikea though 
frown.gif

I just think JGL played the hopeless romantic role that many women play day by day...is not even cleared that he learned from his mistake, I can almost bet, by the way he flirted with Autumn that he will follow the same steps he did with Summer, is all a matter of him finding the person that will reciprocate those feelings back..

She went about a few things wrong especially the whole engagement party and the time he got in a fight but she was honest, brutally honest (and he couldn't take it.) Anyways, he supposedly gets Minka Kelly at the end so he won

Near the end of the film, when she says she wasnt sure with him. 
frown.gif
mean.gif
frown.gif

The feels. The dam feels.
mean.gif

She wasnt in the wrong, she did do things to lead him on though. She shouldnt have done all that couple ishh.

Dude caught feelings and had to take the L.

yo had a girl like summer once.  i knew what she was goin in but she was fire and i had the thirst to put her out
laugh.gif
.  even at the beginning of us messing around she told me she should have, 'a neon caution sign flashing over my head,'.  even then, i thought i could save her.  in the end we broke off amicably she went off to cali to find her dreams.  when she comes over here to visit family we still smash
devil.gif
 but yo ol' girl had me up nights, def broke my heart.  but it was my fault just like it was JGL's.

Near the end of the film, when she says she wasnt sure with him. 
frown.gif
mean.gif
frown.gif

The feels. The dam feels.
mean.gif

She wasnt in the wrong, she did do things to lead him on though. She shouldnt have done all that couple ishh.
Dude caught feelings and had to take the L.
Aw man, that scene was rough :smh: JGL played that scene perfectly too when she hit him with that line. Dude was so hurt he couldn't even look at her anymore.

It's been a couple years since I've seen the movie and I feel like I should check it out again (when I first saw it, I was on a plane and only half paying attention :lol:) not sure if my body is ready for the feels though.

Lol good thread

I think JGL was wrong, he should have been straight up with her and asked her out instead he let her do the friend thing the whole relationship. Only time he had the upper hand is when she came crying in the rain and he should have made it clear that he wanted to be a couple and if she didn't want that then it's over.

He said his character was selfish in an interview too. lol

The (500) Days of Summer attitude of “He wants you so bad” seems attractive to some women and men, especially younger ones, but I would encourage anyone who has a crush on my character to watch it again and examine how selfish he is. He develops a mildly delusional obsession over a girl onto whom he projects all these fantasies. He thinks she’ll give his life meaning because he doesn’t care about much else going on in his life. A lot of boys and girls think their lives will have meaning if they find a partner who wants nothing else in life but them. That’s not healthy. That’s falling in love with the idea of a person, not the actual person.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...itt-500-days-of-summer-selfish_n_1795676.html

It is not a friend thing when he is all up in her loins....

That quote is too real though....makes me like JGL even more :lol:. But it doesn't make his character wrong. It's how the movie was made. If there was a side to pick you could say oh he shouldn't have simped....but its way more her fault then his. She knew what she was doing and played him out. He could have stopped it....but it would have been 100x easier for her to stop it. But she didn't and for that she will be forever hated :lol:

It's not really about what's right and wrong. It's about what's fair.

Was Summer fair in her feelings and intentions? Yes, she was. She made it clear what her intentions were, despite some mental lapses, and JGL's character fell in love. That's not her concern, it's his.

Was Summer fair in her feelings and intentions? Yes, she was. She made it clear what her intentions were, despite some mental lapses, and JGL's character fell in love. That's not her concern, it's his.

but as somebody here already said, actions speak louder than words. She may have said that, but she sure didnt act like that until it was convenient for her. She went along with JGL.

to be fair, as she was saying 'yea i'm not looking for anything serious,' they were laying down on a bed together after 'playing' house and right after she took ol boy's hand.  you can say that ****, but don't hold a ****** hand afterwards.  mixed signals are mixed.

Just came in here to say this movie annoyed the **** out of me. That being said similar acts have happened to me 
laugh.gif

but as somebody here already said, actions speak louder than words. She may have said that, but she sure didnt act like that until it was convenient for her. She went along with JGL.

Sorry but, unless your actions and words align, one alone doesn't put you in the wrong.

grin.gif

I would have smashed a couple of times...then eventually start to ignore her at the office. 

I'ma dude...how is a chick gonna run some guy **** on me?

She wasn't even a 7. 

Said he was uncool at the bar...
laugh.gif

Come on!!! Friends my balls!!!! 

I say we're a couple...!!!!

roll.gif

Last edited:
grin.gif

I would have smashed a couple of times...then eventually start to ignore her at the office. 

She wasn't even a 7. 

laugh.gif

roll.gif
thats a bingo

grin.gif

She wasn't even a 7. 

laugh.gif

roll.gif
This. Maaaaan, I have a stories you wouldn't believe

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised to see this thread and to read these responses

On the real. He was put on notice and she was having her fun. He was a idiot for catchingfeelings and because of the he crashed. She had fun and dipped out. He was a idiot.

Expectations and realities crushed a drunk me when I saw it the first time.

Its crazy how much real life is in this movie.

It was clearly his fault, but if you've felt those feels before you were rooting for Tom the whole time. Even when he was being certified *****. I used to blame her but watching the movie and drawing parallels to some parts of my own life and others, it really shines light on how we allow other people to have too much control over our emotions. And how we blame others for things that we bring on ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom