500 DAYS OF SUMMER VOL. WAS SHE REALLY THAT WRONG?

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE, SPOILERS ARE BELOW.

NT is in disgust of Zoey (except for RobZee, jk), but was she really that wrong?...Before you jump the gun and say yes -- Let us go over the entire movie.

- She mentions that she doesn't want anything serious (multiple times).
- She told him she wanted to be friends, despite wanting sex.
- She tells him she "likes" him only, never mentioned loving him.
- He caught feelings.
- Joseph Gordon Levitt (Hansen) says she'll know when she's "in love" -- she didn't feel that way with him, but did with another (gets married).

Discuss.

Her words did nothing wrong but her actions led JGL to believe it could be something more serious. As men we only see what we want to sometimes and not what is presented to us. I can definitely relate to Joseph Gordon Levitt's character in this movie because women are so hard to read.

When I was 18-20 yeah, I def felt she was in the wrong for leading ol' boy on.

In my maturity of 21-22, I figured out that no. She wasn't wrong, ol' boy was being OD thirsty and clingy.

Once a girl acts OD thirsty and clingy, and you cast her aside--it clicks. The movie isn't as aggravating because it makes sense.

Last edited:
When I was 18-20 yeah, I def felt she was in the wrong for leading ol' boy on.

In my maturity of 21-22, I figured out that no. She wasn't wrong, ol' boy was being OD thirsty and clingy.

Once a girl acts OD thirsty and clingy, and you cast her aside--it clicks. The movie isn't as aggravating because it makes sense.
My exact thoughts. You can't blame someone for going for what makes them happy. Homie was too caught up.

Autumn was better than summer anyway
Looks yes, personality, maybe. But that wasn't even the question :lol:.

She wasn't wrong, but she's still a b**** though
eyes.gif

How can anyone blame JGL 4 be so thirsty doe? He was quite miserable be4 he met summer and she turned out to be a really cool and beatiful women.

I would have been bumping 808's and heartbreak the whole Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons.

I always thought Zoey was in the right in that situation. She clearly told him what the deal was. Women would never outline what they're intentions are like that. If a chick tells you to not take it serious, she's putting you on notice. I know her actions screamed something else, especially when she visited him late in night in the rain :smh: , but that doesn't negate the fact that she wasn't his.

I always thought Zoey was in the right in that situation. She clearly told him what the deal was. Women would never outline what they're intentions are like that. If a chick tells you to not take it serious, she's putting you on notice. I know her actions screamed something else, especially when she visited him late in night in the rain :smh: , but that doesn't negate the fact that she wasn't his.
Yup. A woman he has the respect to tell you up front shouldn't have rocks thrown at her.

How can anyone blame JGL 4 be so thirsty doe? He was quite miserable be4 he met summer and she turned out to be a really cool and beatiful women.

I would have been bumping 808's and heartbreak the whole Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons.
As an adult, he should've known thirst would back fire. Him screaming BS saying he saw them as a couple was showing extreme frustration, even desperation.

Everything happens for a reason. By meeting her, it gave him the power to break through the threshold and become a beast with the books in order to get a career he loves.

I first saw this movie when it came out. At the age of 27 now and I think this story is not uncommon in real life.

are you ******g kidding?

summer was everything wrong with women in general.

"I just wanted to dance" Those are words worth killing for.

she was full of ****.

none of her actions reflected her words. she basically did what married couples this age do but she just saved the divorce formalities .

they did not write her for her to be in the right. her obliviousness to other's feelings and the casual nature of "i really like these pancakes" etc...

honestly I havne't been friendzoned or anything sincel ike h.s. but I HATE summer.

:wow: at this movie being 4 years old now and that this thread is a new one and not a grave dig :lol:

Movie was too much real life though |I

is difficult to answer. Yes she stated at the beginning what it was, but then she went along with JGL and led him on. So yes, she could always go back and say, " see I told you I didnt want anything serious"; her actions said otherwise. So while technically you cant blame her, I still kinda do.

Like as men, if we tell a girl straight up that you just wanna be fwb and she agrees, but later on catches feelings, and we go along with it doing bf stuff. But then up and bounce and tell her,' See, I told you". Yeah, we'd be in the right, but its still messed up to do

Back
Top Bottom